system requirements???

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.

system requirements???

Post by Guest »

im running windows vista and the computer came with AMD 64 athelonX2 graphics card and the game runs incredibly slow

any ideas why?
greenmachine

same problem

Post by greenmachine »

:( i have the same problem im running windows xp and i got centrino and no idea wat ma graphics card is

Re: system requirements???

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:im running windows vista and the computer came with AMD 64 athelonX2 graphics card and the game runs incredibly slow

any ideas why?
actually i meant it has a AMD 64 Athlon X2 proccessor.....idk about the graphics card
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

MX Simulator requires accelerated OpenGL 1.1. If the drivers aren't there you will get software rendering which, as you have noticed, is unusably slow. The good news is pretty much every graphics chip out there supports OpenGL if you have the right drivers. You have to find out who makes your graphics card and have them help you (probably just installing their latest drivers will do it). The bad news is that ATI is currently having trouble with OpenGL and Vista which might not yet be resolved.

There are instructions to find out what card you have at http://earth.google.com/faq.html

Please let me know what you've got, since I'd like to look into it myself.
greenmachine

My graphics card!

Post by greenmachine »

ok my graphics card is a VIA/SG3 UniChrome Pro IGP

If there is any way you can help me please tell me! :D
hondarocks61

Post by hondarocks61 »

sorry to spam, but is this game a safe download? i dont want my computer to blow up... :shock:
jlv
Site Admin

Re: My graphics card!

Post by jlv »

greenmachine wrote:ok my graphics card is a VIA/SG3 UniChrome Pro IGP

If there is any way you can help me please tell me! :D
On this site: http://www.s3graphics.com/en/products/unichrome/
they claim it supports OpenGL. It might help to try the drivers on that site, but you'll have to decide for yourself if it's worth messing with your drivers. (VIA's drivers are probably ok, but if something goes wrong it can turn into a nightmare.)

Post by Guest »

jlv wrote:MX Simulator requires accelerated OpenGL 1.1. If the drivers aren't there you will get software rendering which, as you have noticed, is unusably slow. The good news is pretty much every graphics chip out there supports OpenGL if you have the right drivers. You have to find out who makes your graphics card and have them help you (probably just installing their latest drivers will do it). The bad news is that ATI is currently having trouble with OpenGL and Vista which might not yet be resolved.

There are instructions to find out what card you have at http://earth.google.com/faq.html

Please let me know what you've got, since I'd like to look into it myself.
hey thanks it worked..i jus updated my drivers and the game is running perfect...thanks!!!
greenmachine

Post by greenmachine »

i have found out that i can play this on my pc that has been collection dust for the past 3 weeks, this game is awsome but what is the sit/dab control for?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

greenmachine wrote:i have found out that i can play this on my pc that has been collection dust for the past 3 weeks, this game is awsome but what is the sit/dab control for?
It makes the rider sit down, at slow speeds it makes the rider put his foot down too.
greenmachine

Post by greenmachine »

Anonymous wrote:im running windows vista and the computer came with AMD 64 athelonX2 graphics card and the game runs incredibly slow

any ideas why?
when i go to load up the game my computer just freezes. Any ideas why??
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

greenmachine wrote:when i go to load up the game my computer just freezes. Any ideas why??
Is this on the same computer you had it working on?
YamahaYzMx

Post by YamahaYzMx »

Can somebody plaease help me. When i load the game up nothing happens and my computer crashes. Why?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Make sure your video drivers are up to date. So far that has been the problem every time.
YamahaYzMx

Post by YamahaYzMx »

jlv wrote:Make sure your video drivers are up to date. So far that has been the problem every time.
How do i do that? Sorry im not that good with computers.