2010-07-21 snapshot (UPDATED)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
paintballkid308

Re: 2010-07-21 snapshot

Post by paintballkid308 »

hay when i download the link for the snapshot it just says it cant find the game data
please help?
hondaman
Team: Privateer

Re: 2010-07-21 snapshot (UPDATED)

Post by hondaman »

Showtime wrote:u rename the new snapshot to mx.exe, which is put into your programs folder for the mx simulator
after that what do u do with the other mx.exe delete it?
Fransoo773 wrote: why can't my turtle fly
Zane_Mx#88

Post by Zane_Mx#88 »

Don't delete ur mx.exe folder, it will delete everything and you wont be able to get on the game. what i do is i just download he snapshot, go to where i downloaded it[ saved it ], and drag it the the MX simulator folder in program files, now that snapshot should be in thee Mx simulator folder, and now create a shortcut to your desktop with that snapshot. Hope this helps. [ PS, I'm for real, dont delete your Mx.exe folder ]
hondaman

Post by hondaman »

MotosBestFriend88 wrote:Don't delete ur mx.exe folder, it will delete everything and you wont be able to get on the game. what i do is i just download he snapshot, go to where i downloaded it[ saved it ], and drag it the the MX simulator folder in program files, now that snapshot should be in thee Mx simulator folder, and now create a shortcut to your desktop with that snapshot. Hope this helps. [ PS, I'm for real, dont delete your Mx.exe folder ]
ok i got it 2 work but when i make a shortcut it says game data not found
Fransoo773 wrote: why can't my turtle fly
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Make a seperate folder for your MXS downloads and COPY from there so when you blow it, you have the original still. Anyone have the original mx.exe???? My snapshots go back to last Thanksgiving.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Zane_Mx#88

Post by Zane_Mx#88 »

Right, i blew it, and accidently deleted my mx.exe folder, but LUCKILY i had the email saved which contained my download link :D
tyrm85

Post by tyrm85 »

im having trouble with renaming do i make a shortcut on the desktop???
MXJProductions wrote:I'd rather have a big balls than a hairy chest.... Just sayin
Phathry25 wrote:Long story short, I don't like you. You'll live.
tyrm85

Post by tyrm85 »

awsome! best snapshot ever!!!!!!!!!!! finally got it to work dont like the 2-stroke sounds tht much but there ok
MXJProductions wrote:I'd rather have a big balls than a hairy chest.... Just sayin
Phathry25 wrote:Long story short, I don't like you. You'll live.
paintballkid308

Post by paintballkid308 »

yo when i downloaded the latest screenshot my head and helmet ar missing plz help
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

noticed a weird bug, i was trying to find a good setup for whip competition and found out tweaking the steering damping can help, well i tryed half way the bar,
(i was playing in time trial mode so i pressed back up key) as soon as he rider start over, i noticed that theres something wrong
THEN i tryed full strength and did the same thing (back up to start again from the spot i want -.-)
the game crashed, no more rider, only saw some plastic parts, motor and some frame parts in a like corner of the whole track (or in the side) and couldnt do anything..
i had to restart game and try it again and take a screenshot, so this happened in time trial mode...
(this time i used rabbit hill...)

got even worse, couldnt take picture in the fullscreen mode..(not even with fraps)

first time it separated everything (rider hangs to the bike) swingarms everything...
this time i got pic of what happened first time, it must be a error since it happened to me in 2 different tracks multiple times...(the place changed too, first couple times was in those corner spots, then one time it was in the middle just all parts laying around :S)

(sorry for trying to explain it as good as possible...)
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Thanks for the report. It will be fixed in the next snapshot.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

haven't had a snapshot in a while, hopefully that means the next one has something sik in it :P
NIKK SPILLANE #244

Post by NIKK SPILLANE #244 »

i deleted this snapshot, is there anyway i get the snapshot like 3 snapshots ago? cause when you fall of it takes 15-20 seconds to get back up
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

NIKK SPILLANE #244 wrote:i deleted this snapshot, is there anyway i get the snapshot like 3 snapshots ago? cause when you fall of it takes 15-20 seconds to get back up
wow, really? deleted it? don't worry, its a level playing field, most of us are running this snapshot. Just try to fall less, even if that means you have to slow down a little.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Won't be able to play online with a snapshot where you don't fall off.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.