arcade mode OFF..??

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
BrutalMX

arcade mode OFF..??

Post by BrutalMX »

Hello everyone, Ive finally purchased the game, and Ive been practicing with the arcade mode on for a while now and am pretty good...but I notice that everyone turns arcade mode off. How the hellll do you even keep it under control? ive tried all different settings, i just go out of control when trying to turn or tryying to go off a jump...Im using a 360 controller.

Ive raced over at MXonlineTournaments.com for a while on Reflex, was the top PS3 rider over there. Found this site and thought it was pretty cool. Hope someone can help! :D
Austin Mulhern | Motopixels REV
Image[/a]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/paprod]YouTube Channel

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
Aeck Racing 26
Team: TRE MX

Re: arcade mode OFF..??

Post by Aeck Racing 26 »

reflex isnt going to help u with this game
u just need to so down and try to be smoth and not crash i would start with stability around 70 and slowly work your way down
this game takes practice and your not going to be fast overnight
BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

Aeck Racing 26 wrote:reflex isnt going to help u with this game
u just need to so down and try to be smoth and not crash i would start with stability around 70 and slowly work your way down
this game takes practice and your not going to be fast overnight
yeah Ive realized that before I even bought the game, I like some difficulty. but the problem is, I just keep on bouncing all over the place when I try to turn...like what are you settings set at? I cant get it right!
Image[/a]

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

like its actually crazy...i get in an online race...and the people pass me off as if they have arcade mode on?

Basically, my problem is that everytime i go into corners, i tip over. like i come out of a corner, and it gets sidewats and jsut topples over. ive been able to just slowly creep the tracks...but as i try to get quicker, it seems impossible only becuz my bike flips out in corners! whats the deal with the corners?! I know to never use the front brake obv...but what are some tips? Ive been practicin tryin to get better but its tough!

also, what are good settings for my rider?
Image[/a]

jbob23
Team: Privateer

Post by jbob23 »

i think your just going about it all wrong. sounds like trying to be really smoothe would really help you. take your time. uve got to really balance the bike and realize which way to lean in certain situations. also the front brake seems like it provides 80% of the total stopping power in this game. So you really have to use that. Make sure you have anti-lock turned on.
BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

jbob23 wrote:i think your just going about it all wrong. sounds like trying to be really smoothe would really help you. take your time. uve got to really balance the bike and realize which way to lean in certain situations. also the front brake seems like it provides 80% of the total stopping power in this game. So you really have to use that. Make sure you have anti-lock turned on.
ive really been on the front brake...but I notice in some of the SX videos that the riders are leaning forward when turning? When I try to lean forward, it basically washes out al of the time...
Image[/a]

BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

Its really jsut not right at all haha! Like, everyone online looks so controlled. Why is my bike tipping over as im trying to turn?!?!
Image[/a]

i_Bite#21

Post by i_Bite#21 »

When you start playing it will be hard. You kind of have to balance the bike through turns and let the bike do its thing. Once you start turning, let off, and it will keep turning because your guy is leaning. If you keep turning, you will fall.
TannerKawi250f
Team: Privateer

Post by TannerKawi250f »

just roll through the corners and be steady on the gas, and keep practicing.
soc_monki
Team: JDR JStar Motors

Post by soc_monki »

forget EVERYTHING you know about Reflex, or any other MVA game, and start fresh. none of what you learned in those games will help you with this one! i will give you some tips that have helped me, and im a complete noob of a month or so, but im actually staying upright and getting full laps in most of the time.

first, start slow. dont even get out of first gear. youd be amazed at what you can do with just one gear on most of the tracks. when you turn you only have to get the bike leaned, then stop making inputs with your controls. this is like a real bike...you push on the bar, the bike leans, and it stays leaned until you bring it back up. remember that, practice, and youll get the hang of it. start with high stability, and gradually work your way down. im down to about 15-20 now, and doing well. start on an outdoor track (i chose Red Bud 2010, you can download it at puremxs.com) and ride it over and over until you get used to the handling and can make decent laps. then try another track and learn it. youll learn something new from every track you learn, and youll be able to apply the knowledge to other tracks and learn them faster.

dont worry about setup too much...you just need to practice. learn when to lean back, lean forward, or stay neutral on the bike. learn throttle control! you didnt need it in any MVA game because it was always on-off. even Reflex, which does have some throttle control albeit not much, wont help. if you go WFO youre probably going to slide and either spin out or high side. you CAN powerslide in this game, and its fun and helps you cut sharper turns, but it takes practice and throttle control, and the appropriate gear. so use manual shifting!

and dont forget the sit/dab control. sit in turns. that will help get the weight forward. i dont even lean forward, i just sit/dab and then when coming out of a turn i stand up. also works as a seat bounce when using it off the face of a jump. but im still working on that!

so, just take it slow and youll be railing berms in no time. well, maybe not no time, but maybe in a month or so youll run some ok laps, and youll do some things you never thought you would. and then not be able to do it again the next lap. just take your time, be patient, and if you get frustrated just shut it off and come back later. its a great game, and much more realistic than any other MX game, period.

oh, and just for an FYI, my control setup on my 360 controller is LT = front brake, RT = throttle, LB = clutch, RB = backup, X = downshift, Y = upshift, A = rear brake, B = sit/dab. left stick is left/right and forward/back. good luck!
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

use the sit/dab button. can make it much easier. don't use the rear brake much. I mostly use the front brake for most of my braking.
braking with the front in a corner helps give traction to the front, as well as make it easier for the rear to come around.
if you repeadetly tap the brake the bike will become very unstable, so try to get on the brakes, stay on them going into the turn, and in the turn just roll through and get on the gas when you feel you can.
set block wheelies to front only, and front anti-block on.
having no wheelie block on the rear wheel gives much better controll when accelerating and getting off jumps.

only make very slight adjustments to steering. if you have to move the thumbstick all the way to the side when steering you're doing something wrong.
the only times my thumbsticks are ever all the way to the side is when i'm whipping or scrubbing. even then not always.

if you do things right inside the turn you will have very little to do comming out of the turn.

and like the others said, forget everything about the MVA games. I tried riding like that at first too, and quickly found out that it wasn't going to work.

also it might be good to fiddle around with some setups. seting your bike up propperly can really make it much easier to ride.
on the hard starting tracks, try setting up a stiff suspension. front stiffer than the rear. small ammount of preload, more preload on the front than the rear.
and rider mass distribution between 0.48 and 0.50 will also help.
also, sprocket: rear 1, countershaft 0 seems to be what most people preffer from what i have seen.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
mx98
Team: TEAM MKL

Post by mx98 »

BrutalMX wrote:Hello everyone, Ive finally purchased the game, and Ive been practicing with the arcade mode on for a while now and am pretty good...but I notice that everyone turns arcade mode off. How the hellll do you even keep it under control? ive tried all different settings, i just go out of control when trying to turn or tryying to go off a jump...Im using a 360 controller.

Ive raced over at MXonlineTournaments.com for a while on Reflex, was the top PS3 rider over there. Found this site and thought it was pretty cool. Hope someone can help! :D
i have the game i use arcade physics but when i dont i crash like crazy :x

im starting a team an wondering if any body would like to be on it
[RV2 CR22]
WolfNinja2
Team: LoneWolves

Post by WolfNinja2 »

I've figured out the turning after a while thanks to this forum, so thank you all for that!
It's really hard getting used to the realistic physics but I'm already going around burms in second gear! :D
HOWEVER
I can't figure out jumping for the life of me!
Sometimes I jump right when I lean back, but others doing the same thing it freaks out on me. D:
Almost every time I go over the bars, so if that helps you help me then, there ya go. XD
This game would be the knees of bees if I could jump! HELP!
Trevor
Crushed Dissenter
Team: 21 Savage

Post by Trevor »

Wolfninja you just brought back a 2 year old thread... Image
HondaRider746
Team: Motosport.com

Post by HondaRider746 »

I throw whips.