Created track but it wont work on my server help please!!!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
kawasaki665

Created track but it wont work on my server help please!!!

Post by kawasaki665 »

I recently created a bit of a compound for my team to ride on our server but after downloading it to the server address it wont read the track for some reason. Is there a simple fix or something i might have done while editing it that might have screwed it up? If anyone knows please help i would greatly appreciate it.
kawasaki665

Re: Created track but it wont work on my server help please!

Post by kawasaki665 »

To be more specific when he types his uid in the run server command, hits enter it says----- trackinfo/snap is not a valid track info file. does anyone know what causes this????
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

In the serverargs file, you have to type out the whole file name (so if the track folder name is called snap, and the trackinfo file is in a folder called trackinfo) it would be trackinfo/snap.trackinfo.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

see its my server and when i save track info and do the normal server args stuff it is done the same way ive done all tracks. the info is called snap on blah blah blah beta 1.trackinfo but when it gives error its only saying trackinfo/snap. I get the same thing with scrub or dead.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Oh, I bet there's spaces in the track name. In the serverargs put quotes around the trackinfo name, so it would be trackinfo\"snapwhatevercomesnext.trackinfo"
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
gocat199
Crushed Dissenter
Team: amature kx racing

Post by gocat199 »

kawasaki665 wrote:To be more specific when he types his uid in the run server command, hits enter it says----- trackinfo/snap is not a valid track info file. does anyone know what causes this????
go into where you race the track and type in /savetrackinfo
and then go to your personal folder and find the trackinfo file and drag it into your mxserver track list and they do the same thing to start the server
kawasaki665

Post by kawasaki665 »

thanks guys we will try that and see if it works