OH BOY!!!!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Javelin44
Team: Privateer

OH BOY!!!!

Post by Javelin44 »

Hello all, just wanted to say hey....

I am an old MCM2 guy that used to race with RXR when we had the online tourneys and whatnot... I just paid for the game after only reading the forums for about an hour and thought what the hell... I need to race. Even after reading about all of the learning curve that this game requires, I figured I would give it a shot... The wife is asleep anyway and won't know that I purchased it until the funds come of out of the bank.

I also grabbed an xbox controller out of my son's room as I read that it is the most effective controller for this sim... bad part is that I quit playing console games after the atari. I hope I am not to old to learn a new trick and figure out this monstrosity of a control, seeing that my standard Joystick isnt going to work well enough.

I also read some earlier posts from some old names that I recognized from way back when... If you still read this BANJO wtf is up LOL..

Anyway, I will hopefully be online in about six months or so to race with yall... As it is going to take me that much time to learn this new sim...that is provided that the wife doesn't kill me first.

And thanks to all of you guys and/or gals that have put the time and effort into bringing back an online racing community that is worth something... I can't wait till im ready.

Jav
kawy949

Re: OH BOY!!!!

Post by kawy949 »

Hey Jav,

I remember you :)

I was PRM_Reptile or MMS_Kawa back in the zone days etc etc.

How's life treating you?

Do you have much contact with the old RXR guys? I say we need wingman on this game for sure :)

Regards,
Jon
Javelin44

Post by Javelin44 »

Hey man and I remember you.... thanks for the reply...

No I have not been in contact with anyone since the zone lost its mojo... however I did see Banjo had logged in at one time.. It seems that he has gone to the darkside (console) gaming system...

I find this sim difficult but im practicing.. on a bad note I broke my arm last night playing softball... on the good side im off work for at least two weeks to practice ...

take care and be safe

Jav
kawy949

Post by kawy949 »

Yea, seems a LOT of people have gone console.. I did until I found this game now my wife feels like she wasted money on the MW3 console haha.

Use that time off to your advantage :) I hope you make a speedy recovery though for sure dude :)

Do you have skype, might be able to catch you on there for some races sometime? PM me your addy :)

Speak soon :)

Jon
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

Hope your arm heals up.
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
shawn1331
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Entrepreneur

Post by shawn1331 »

You won't regret it man, this game is wicked awesome once you get the hang of it. My little tips are don't bother with whips/scrubs until you can land jumps consistently. Unless your just screwing around of course. Don't even try supercross for a while, so much harder than outdoors.

A track thatI found was fun and relatively easy to ride on when I was learning was death valley mx.
http://www.mediafire.com/?q77hbsa3272zai7
VRT_RIDEBLUE65

Post by VRT_RIDEBLUE65 »

What is MCM2? LOL Hi guys :D
Ride til ya drop
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

Motocrossmadness2 Basicly the start of mva
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

mxsisboss wrote:Motocrossmadness2 Basicly the start of mva
/facepalm
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

Wtf are you on about mcm was made by the guys who made mva.
22Ryann
Team: Thrashedkids

Post by 22Ryann »

VRT,

AUS_ROCKET, tk_rocket is me, if anyone remembers.

:)

Ryann,
Jester#132

Post by Jester#132 »

mxsisboss wrote:Wtf are you on about mcm was made by the guys who made mva.
He meant that the guy before you was probably being sarcastic.

Welcome to the mxs forums where pointing out other people's mistakes makes you feel like a TOTAL BADASS! :wink:
"I didn't jump the gate...it musta' flipped back up, after I went over it!?!"
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

^Haha
OCRgreg620

Post by OCRgreg620 »

lol, was nice seeing a couple mcm names tossed around, soooo <<<

OCR_cruz

Just started playing this game myself. Kinda stumbled on it and havent been able to stop. Learning curve is freakin ridiculous, but a blast.
Only real advice I have is, stay on the 125's for a while. Eventually you'll be able to do a lap without faceplants, and then its game on....
OCRgreg620

Post by OCRgreg620 »

btw, I still use a stick....I just cant do the gamepad thing :(