Will this setup run mxs decently?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jbob23
Team: Privateer

Will this setup run mxs decently?

Post by jbob23 »

The local community college that I am attending is putting some computers on ebay for a cheap price. They are older computers that they don't need anymore that were used in a drafting and animation classroom. The graphics cards that are in these machines are pretty old and more suited for CAD and modeling crap. Seems like other people have had problems with ATI cards and an old machine like this one might not be worth the trouble. Was only considering it seeing how I could get one of these from the school for under $40. The only thing I would need to get started is a monitor.

HP Compaq XW 4300 Work Station
RAM: 3 GB
Hard Drive Capacity: 80 GB
Processor: intel Pentium D (3.2Ghz)
DVD ROM Drive
Video Graphics: Dual Monitor ATI FireGL V5100
madcat1
Crushed Dissenter
Team: SFF AIR

Re: Will this setup run mxs decently?

Post by madcat1 »

I personally would not get this system just build yourself a reasonable gaming computer for a moderate price, but its entirely up to you.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

The graphics card is no bueno. The rest looks somewhat suitable, I guess it depends on what you have as of now.

With the money saved buying an upgraded video card to get it up to spec seems feasible. If it's an option let me know and I'll see if I can find you a few cards to choose from.
Gideon#67

Post by Gideon#67 »

Phathry25 wrote:The graphics card is no bueno. The rest looks somewhat suitable, I guess it depends on what you have as of now.

With the money saved buying an upgraded video card to get it up to spec seems feasible. If it's an option let me know and I'll see if I can find you a few cards to choose from.
and you most likely will need a higher PS if you chose to go that route. Im guessin that PC has a 300W now.
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

Phathry25 wrote:The graphics card is no bueno. The rest looks somewhat suitable, I guess it depends on what you have as of now.

Ya thats kind of what i gathered from lookin around on google. I had thought of upgrading the card too since its dirt cheap and an easy fix but idk if its a good idea. My laptop runs the game pretty decent but not near what it used to. The lady would probably shit on the idea anyhow haha. I will have to do some more looking around and think about it. It would literally be a pc that I would only use for MXS.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Have you ever blown the dust out of your laptop?
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

Ya I did that quite a while back when it was really struggling and it really helped alot. It could probably use another cleaning though.