'Mx-Bikes' (General Thoughts)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: 'Mx-Bikes' (General Thoughts)

Post by Pumaxcs »

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL I'VE DONE MXKING?

http://gyazo.com/26e8f24277fb123632134af4cfe4bab2.png
(*hint* that link is to this thread so I know you will see this!)
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I have to assume he has you and me mixed up. Did you even post here other than to say there were 6 pre releases?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I can't even get the activation email for my account, tried resending it twice. Pretty sure I didn't type my email wrong.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

yzmxer608 wrote:I can't even get the activation email for my account, tried resending it twice. Pretty sure I didn't type my email wrong.
Did you check your spam?
Donate if you like My Creations
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Yeah, I tried the page that allows you to resend it using a different email (http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?action=activate) and that didn't work either. When I tried my regular email it said a user already had that so I know I didn't make a typo for it, I tried 2 other e-mails and that also didn't work.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I double dog dare someone to post the new video in this thread.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I'll do it aye.

Still nothing that wows me. Corner speed is really slow which makes me think that corners in game are slippery as hell. Bike sounds like my XR100. He has some sort of steering stabilizer because his front wheel is stiff as a board. Still haven't seen him flick it so who knows how that works.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Pumaxcs wrote:I'll do it aye.

Still nothing that wows me. Corner speed is really slow which makes me think that corners in game are slippery as hell. Bike sounds like my XR100. He has some sort of steering stabilizer because his front wheel is stiff as a board. Still haven't seen him flick it so who knows how that works.
I just wanna see if you can get backwards!
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

i kinda hope everybody is as fast as your average C rider upon release of the game. itll be funny, and be cool to see people get faster and faster quickly
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I can look up fast lap threads of MXS. Eskwannabe has easily been getting faster.
MXS Cares
totorox

Post by totorox »

GPbike is not as real life physic as MXsim but as a better gameplay and release after release physic approach reality. Try gpbike to get an idea.
I remember when Piboso and JLV released their games. I ask them to work together... Nice dream.
Norcal_51
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Norcal_51 »

Well what it comes down to is nobody really know anything about how mx-bikes plays. I am intrigued to see but not holding my breath. Which is good because in October (4 months ago) they said beta coming soon and don't even give updates when or any new videos.
karlwb
Team: Privateer

Post by karlwb »

it'll be interesting to see what piboso's take with the surface physics will be.

MXSim is money well spent for me,and credit where credits due JLV has done a blinding job of developing the bike physics for MXSim,so so developement with the rider physics ( we got front to back lean,a few updated versions of the rider model but it'd be good to see a new rider model that can lay the bike in while keeping the body vertical,for better handling ),for me the issue that remains the least developed in MXSim is in the surface physics and thats the most basic fundamental,dirt is loose and it has depth and varying resistance,take out the jumps and bumps,what you got.... a brown road race sim with good bike physics,end of story!
i realise its feasably a computing impossibility to model every grain of dirt ,sand,moisture content etc.,but the reality in MXSim is one big solid lump with a more or less sticky/slippery tile on top,thats a poorly modelled fundamental,theres gotta be an impetus to develope a way to simulate the effect of depth and varying resistance of a loose aggregate,its why you got knobs on the tyres,i'm not talking erode,that changes the shape of the solid lump you start with,the surface physics need a depth layer, like the collision you have for objects.