future of mxs/ predictions

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jonracer594

Re: future of mxs/ predictions

Post by jonracer594 »

I think the game will go thru almost the same like reflex did, there will be a huge amount of people that are super stupid ripper out of nowhere that will copy almost every skins that got released. Then almost every good creator of skins or models,tracks will be gone because they dont want to give these kinda people something they can release as their's, thats the same reason why I stopped creating skins or tracks for reflex.
I really hope it wont go that way but I think it will... :cry:
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

yzmxer608 wrote:
AWood wrote:riding for fun
I don't think kids know what this is, race or nothing!
That's why I made Peach Tree Paradise.
jgmtbike
Team: WiLdSiDesigns (JGMX)

Post by jgmtbike »

honestly when people like dj were making tracks often and some of the other og makers, were you thinking once these people are gone the game is finished? other people will always come to fill someone elses shoes. now I'm not saying that their is really anyone around as good as dj but j perry and I release tracks pretty often. I don't know about him but I'm staying around for a while :D . the physics will never be matched and if you look at the difference in quality between 2007 and 2016, even 2011 and 2016, this game has only improved... drastically. I I think that MX vs ATV reflex is also not a good comparison because it never really had anything new like suspension updates/ customization and it simply isn't a simulator and a game and a simulator should be looked at in different lights. but yeh to finish what I'm trying to say, I don't think sim will die because its simply the only motocross simulator this accurate and with this much of a community behind it. lets keep sim fun :D :D :D
-If you like riding my tracks please donate to the cause https://www.paypal.me/jgmtbike

-Thanks so much for all your support of my tracks.

slowngreen
Team: MotoPin Racing

Post by slowngreen »

Ive slowly lost interest in the game. Was all I did in my spare time for the first two years or so but lack of progression on my part has just taken the fun out of it for me a little bit more every time I play. Unless I find a magic solution and start progressing, I imagine I'll have hung up my MxSim boots by 2017 and given in to easier games. I just wish a game that was a mix of SIM physics and MXGP/MXvs. type playing would come out.
I would think MXsim would stay about like it has been, new people always joining, old member always leaving, some people always bitching. I think the question would be how much does JLV even want to work on sim any more? He made an amazing game and has worked on it forever now but at some point I would think he would call it done enough.
Cbear12
Team: Privateer

Post by Cbear12 »

slowngreen wrote: I think the question would be how much does JLV even want to work on sim any more? He made an amazing game and has worked on it forever now but at some point I would think he would call it done enough.
also, if jlv does call it done enough, will someone else take over? if so, who will it be?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Cbear12 wrote:
slowngreen wrote: I think the question would be how much does JLV even want to work on sim any more? He made an amazing game and has worked on it forever now but at some point I would think he would call it done enough.
also, if jlv does call it done enough, will someone else take over? if so, who will it be?
The answers sort of can be found here:
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10214
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27074

Unless JLV has changed his mind, he'll make the game open source once he's lost his interest in it. Which I beg not to happen for a very long time as I like this game (and community) and everything around it very much. Given me a lot of joy through the years.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

slowngreen wrote:I just wish a game that was a mix of SIM physics and MXGP/MXvs. type playing would come out.
:wink:

Ive been playing since late 2012 and has been my favorite game ever since. However, Im slowly growing apart from it mostly because Im really busy with work, personal projects, and transferring colleges. Another big factor is the community these days. Im not saying is ever been perfect, but this is the worst its ever been imo. All the new people signing up are mainly kids probably 9yo-15yo and they all feel like thyre entitled. They want everything to be given to them whether it be models, skins, tracks etc. If everyone keeps having the mindset of "Me before you. I deserve everything", I dont see sim lasting to much longer. It may not be a year or even a couple years from now but if this keeps up it will be soon. Im not accusing everyone of this, its just been really bad lately and I dont visit the forums everyday like I used to because of it. Sure there will be new members that take on the duties of the major creators but they will be diluted as the number of players grow. Just my two pennies.
Prydz

Post by Prydz »

The fact that people wanna charge money for skins/tracks says it all.
Do it because you want to do it, or dont do it at all.
I advice people to not buy gear/tracks at all.
Alturism
Team: Architech

Post by Alturism »

imo mx simulator will carry on untill another mx game is released. Think about it, this is the best simulator for mx and when it gets beaten i think then, will mx sim not be played anymore.
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
22Ryann
Team: Thrashedkids

Post by 22Ryann »

The simple lack of any features/progress with physics is making game stale. It's still too much of a work in progress IMO
DangerJoe

Post by DangerJoe »

Why doesn't JLV hire people to help him? or surely he has friends who know about programming, gaming, whatever, etc. who could help out.
No disrespect to JLV, he's made my favourite mx game up to date but nothing seems to have changed for a while and it's getting boring IMO.

I also think something has to be done about leaked content getting pre released because it's stopped a majority of the top modellers from creating more content which has also slowed the game progress down.

In addition to this I think the game needs more publicity. Granted you're gunna get new kids who think they're "badass" because they're spouting their mouth off over the Internet knowing fine well mammys not gunna beat their arse because she's too redneck to know how the Internet works but publicity could also attract the attention of the next big skinners, modellers and track creators and I think that it's required to keep the game going.

After all it was the huge range of great looking user created content that made me buy the game.

And I think once the game progress stops, sales will stop and a lot of players will leave and I think that's already happening now.

20 years time though? I'll be 39 by then so hopefully in them 20 years I have enough saved to buy another motocross bike and I won't need to rely on simulators
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

DangerJoe wrote:Why doesn't JLV hire people to help him? or surely he has friends who know about programming, gaming, whatever, etc. who could help out.
He does this more for a hobby and fun, it's been brought up many times and he's just a one man dream team.
DangerJoe wrote:I also think something has to be done about leaked content getting pre released because it's stopped a majority of the top modellers from creating more content which has also slowed the game progress down.
Give your stuff to people you can actually trust, jlv made the scram files for that anyway.
DangerJoe wrote:In addition to this I think the game needs more publicity.
It's already been in a moto video from Plessinger, and countless Facebook and Instagram accounts, and posted all over Vurb for years for the track previews. Are you going to be the one that pays to get it on TV?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Cbear12

Post by Cbear12 »

yzmxer608 wrote: Are you going to be the one that pays to get it on TV?
spot on
DangerJoe

Post by DangerJoe »

Obviously not, no. It's not my game, sorry for the suggestion :roll: I'll keep my opinions to myself next time...
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I'm just saying it already has had a lot of exposure, taking the next step for serious advertising isn't really something feasible right now.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.