Im tired of this fucking "lag"

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
RH870r
Team: Josh Philips Racing

Im tired of this fucking "lag"

Post by RH870r »

I have a Alienware m15x with core i7 cpu and gtx260 grapich card with the newest grapich driver. I upgraded the ram to 8gb 1333mhz and bought a cooling plate who is very good, i have good temperatures in the lap top and its still lagging like freaking hell, im getting very pissed every time i see the fps going down to these low 20s ... does anyone have any idea that can help me with this problem? im actually running the game with no shaders no roost and deleted the HD rims and ive been trying everything but its not getting any better. I can play crysis 2 at highest grapichs with like 40 to 60fps and bioshock 2 also. Im getting very frustrated and pissed when i cant play mx sim with atleast 60fps , i really like the game and i dont want to stop playing it only becuase of lag spikes and low fps...

Please help me solve this problem, my explanation isnt good but i hope you understand what im talking about.

/R
Justin653

Re: Im tired of this fucking "lag"

Post by Justin653 »

well if your lagging online i believe thats your internet at fault and not the pc. i could be wrong though. im not a computer genius you might wanna shoot jlv a pm about it.
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

I could be wrong but I think that graphics card is a huge bottleneck for your performance
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
articwolf01
Team: Achievement Hunter

Post by articwolf01 »

When i first read justins post i saw "you might want to shoot jlv for your problem." First thing that hit my head was "Thats a bit over doing it." -_-' :lol:
3rd Overall EMF Junior Cup 2011
2nd Overall A-B class Maniacs Spur Series 2012
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

maybe some background programs are in process when you are playing. I am getting 60 fps on the JS7 compound (full) on "High Detail settings" on my laptop, your laptop specs out better than mine even.

mine:
core2 centrino 2.2ghz
4 gb ram
9800M-GTS graphics
vista OS
RH870r

Post by RH870r »

well i dont know what it is... its not a internet connection problem becuase its lagging at singleplayer to. I think it depends on jlv right know. He knows.
RH870r

Post by RH870r »

i got a "opengl error" and then this link came up http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3007
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

This may sound weird, but I have a m11x and I raised my graphics and it was fine. 60-70 fps everywhere.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Brina927 wrote:I could be wrong but I think that graphics card is a huge bottleneck for your performance
Yep. Rookie error buying an alienware computer.

The gtx260 has 1024 mb memory dont they? 100 bucks says you have settings that are running over this memory usage
RH870r

Post by RH870r »

i got mine for a very good price and its good to have it with you when youre out racing mx irl all summer long.

Yes gtx260 has 1024mb and its not the problem that youre talking about. Its probably something with the new nvidia drivers and mxs who makes conflicts , i dont know... i hope jlv can figure something out.
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

disable v-sync in your graphics card properties. I had the same issue you have until I disabled v-sync.
norcal_105
Team: Privateer

Post by norcal_105 »

Was it always lagging? At one point I had my system run slow for something I could not find. And I have gtx590 top end i7 processor, tons of ram ext.I re installed the operating system and it was perfect again.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I'm actually pretty bad at diagnosing Windows PC problems. I run Linux as my primary OS and my Windows systems are just used for testing, which means they're all clean installs with no background junk running, so they run the game perfectly. One thing I make sure I do is disable the automatic updates in Windows Update. If Windows Update starts up while you're playing the game will slow to a crawl. The same thing goes for other background processes.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ashes
Team: Privateer #65

Post by Ashes »

VMX_SKYmx99 wrote:disable v-sync in your graphics card properties. I had the same issue you have until I disabled v-sync.
I'd almost put money on this being the problem.
Had the same issues here.
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

GTX 260 is also pretty outdated, i used to have one and upgraded to a 5870 a while back which is also now pretty outdated