Motocross Simulator (Poll)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.

Has playing mxs helped you perform better in racing?

Yes
64%
No
20%
Who are you, my mother?
15%

Total votes: 137

ddmx

Motocross Simulator (Poll)

Post by ddmx »

Just out of sole curiosity, have you noticed that playing mxs has led you to performing better on the track. Lines, throttle control, reaction time, ect...
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: Motocross Simulator (Poll)

Post by Pumaxcs »

It got me back into riding all together. After 85's a big bike just something I really wanted to do but never really lost the motocross world. Found this game and realized how much fun riding was again and went to LL's all week and that was all I needed. As far as racing goes I wouldn't be able to comment but my riding style and mentality I believe has improved a whole lot more than what it was.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
kona309

Post by kona309 »

Surprisingly, its gotten me a bit better at trail riding. havnt ridden the track much since i started playing.
My stats:http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/3042/
Jones221 wrote:Kona is right.
jlv wrote:If you kids don't knock it off I'm pulling this forum over!
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

It's helped me with starts. I used to be completely terrible at them, now 1st-3rd almost every start.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Even though MXS is a awesome simulator, at the end of the day it's still a computer game. And for me MXS and actually riding feels completely different so I don't think it's helped me in anyway.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I think it's helped me in ruts, I'm still a goon that can't jump though so I don't think it's helped me anywhere else. It sucks, last weekend was probably the last time I will ride this year, and I finally started to have a lot more confidence :(.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Forgot to add in line choice, MXS has helped a lot with that.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Jev7
Crushed Dissenter
Team: None

Post by Jev7 »

indeed , it helped me at traction too , lil bit at cornering too i guess. 8)
The Conman
Team: Ardent/TGphoto/Adept

Post by The Conman »

Well, I used to be more timid on jumps and stuff, but it seems like since I've started playing Sim, I'm just like fuck it lets hit this thing. I also seem to be better at block passing.
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Post by FactoryBR21 »

its funny but it improved alot my real riding
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Interesting the replies but I thought that's what the thread would produce. Before I had to sell my bike, I noticed a definite improvement in line choice, braking and accelerating points, and confidence. Crazy. I've seen lots of similar accounts in iRacing.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

to be honest... not really... I ride MX since i was 4 and just ride mxs just for fun
seriously... sometimes i really feel like... what tha hell?!? that game is so fucking unreal
but other days i just love it :)
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
FelipeMX
Team: Finesse Supersports

Post by FelipeMX »

I've been riding for about 2 or 3 years and I used to ride like an idle pole, didnt have much confidence with my own bike, concerning the throttle control and body leaning. After a quite long time on MXS some skills were definitely more sensible and I could notice that I've been feeling much more confortable whenever I ride my dirtbike.
It might sound weird, but I do believe that this app really gives you some better control over your mind and body coordination and physical abilities.
Finesse Supersports
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

Hmm if I rode as badly in real life as I do in MXSIM I'd be kicked off the track. :P When I was playing the game a lot in the off season I noticed myself using the front brake a hell of a lot more and almost ignoring the rear brake when I got back on the bike...which is how I ride in MXSIM...so maybe it does have an effect, it definitely hasn't improved anything though haha.
knapp21

Post by knapp21 »

It deffinetly helped me with my shifting. I'm more conscious about not over revving and gettin everything I can out of each gear.