Best computer/laptop with a reasonable price

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Ddavis

Re: Best computer/laptop with a reasonable price

Post by Ddavis »

MXTrent75287
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MXTrent75287 »

I personally think HP makes one of the best laptops. But what really matters is the components it comes with (cpu, gpu, hdd/ssd, board, etc.). But when it comes to aesthetics and quality, HP makes good stuff. Post the laptop you're interested in buying and I'm sure everyone will give ya their opinions on whether it's the PC you're looking for. Another alternative is building a PC like others have mentioned. They make a line of "micro" components so you can build a computer the size of an XBOX. Although, some think you get a better deal if you build your own. Not necessarily. Consider: Operating system, monitor, mouse, & keyboard. Yes, you can purchase all of those items for a reasonably cheap price, or you can possibly buy an all in one bundle laptop deal for cheaper. It just may not last as long.
FatTree25 wrote:Trent did say it best though.
My Stats | Add me on Steam
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

The thing with me is that a lot of you guys will blow $1000+ on a PC, but I use my laptop for MXS, Photography, Photoshop, Internet browsing, and in the future business on the road. It's overall better suited for my needs, I just need something recommended that can handle those needs. It's pointless if I say what I need in terms of being able to take my laptop and the only response is "Build a PC" and that's it. My girlfriend recommended HP, too. I'm looking at one that's around $800 and has about 750 GB hard drive, specifically something like this.
norcal187
Team: privateer

Post by norcal187 »

I here this laptops pretty good and for the 75$ upgraded graphics card it will run games better.
http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-offic ... otebook-PC
You also might be able to find it cheaper somewhere else.
MXTrent75287
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MXTrent75287 »

Ehh.. Idk about that onboard graphics. Everything else looks fine. But if you don't have a dedicated gpu then that cpu may bottleneck.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I'm really Liking the HP Pavillion 15.6"

Like Ive said, I want a laptop that can handle MXS, not have the highest settings and sickest screenshot quality. Idc about that, as long as it can run rF races with stock models with 40 people for around 70 FPS I'll be all smiles
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

You are probably better off spending 500 on a desktop that handles mxs with ease and keeping your laptop to travel with and stuff like that. You will get a way better desktop for the same price as a laptop with half the capabilities
Donate if you like My Creations
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Ddavis wrote:The thing with me is that a lot of you guys will blow $1000+ on a PC, but I use my laptop for MXS, Photography, Photoshop, Internet browsing, and in the future business on the road. It's overall better suited for my needs, I just need something recommended that can handle those needs. It's pointless if I say what I need in terms of being able to take my laptop and the only response is "Build a PC" and that's it. My girlfriend recommended HP, too. I'm looking at one that's around $800 and has about 750 GB hard drive, specifically something like this.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

My laptop crashes so much I don't want to even trust having all my stuff on it.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

Then just buy a new cheap laptop and travel with that. You are going to blow so much cash to buy a laptop thatcan handle mxs like you want it to, when you can spend half the cash and build or buy a desktop that would handle sim way better. Up to you though
Donate if you like My Creations
MXTrent75287
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MXTrent75287 »

Okay I think we all need to understand that he is not interested in building a computer. We all know the perks and flaws of both but he obviously has his mind set on a laptop. I understand. Who wants to haul around a desktop? I'm sure that PC will run MXS. I just don't know much about that gpu. And I would never advise on-board graphics to a gamer. But who knows maybe it's good enough for what you're looking for.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I just don't want a computer specifically for gaming and one specifically for photography/internet browsing. I just want to make one purchase on a laptop that handles all of my needs comfortably rather than risk buying 2 PCs and have one of them completely suck. I just wanted an opinion on laptops since I'd rather buy a good laptop than a ok PC and ok laptop.
MXTrent75287
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MXTrent75287 »

Out of all of those that you are looking at I would recommend this one

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+15.6%2 ... Id=3822924
MXTrent75287
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MXTrent75287 »

You could always throw an SSD in there for your OS and use the 500GB for storage (pictures, music, etc.). And 4GB is not the most amount of RAM but it will work fine. You can always upgrade RAM as well.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

One more time I just want to explain why I want a laptop.

- I don't want a computer for the sole purpose of gaming.
- I like to play MX Simulator on my laptop, but I don't play any other games such a iRacing, WoW, or Battlefield.
- I prefer to be mobile because when I'm on the road it's good to have a laptop with you.
- I don't want to buy a PC because my current laptop is likely going to crash for good soon and I don't want to buy a PC, then have no laptop.
- I have more uses for a laptop than a PC.
- I don't have the money to buy a PC for $500-600 then a laptop for $500-600, it will just be easier to get a really good laptop for $700-750