Game trouble

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
FlyinHigh

Re: Game trouble

Post by FlyinHigh »

ik i lied lol more like 1000 or 1100 if you were to buy it online
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

and like im going to listen to Mr. Troll over here? a game cant decide how many cards you use. im not a retard lol.
kona309

Post by kona309 »

FlyinHigh wrote:and like im going to listen to Mr. Troll over here? a game cant decide how many cards you use. im not a retard lol.
Yes, actually it can, and does.
My stats:http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/3042/
Jones221 wrote:Kona is right.
jlv wrote:If you kids don't knock it off I'm pulling this forum over!
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

who else wants to hop on the troll train over here?
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

FlyinHigh wrote:who else wants to hop on the troll train over here?
I am sure JLV would love to. Install CPU-z and see what happens with your Gpus.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

well, if this is true... then idk wtf to do :lol:
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

and i dont see anywhere where it says im running two at any time. but in nvidia control panel it shows 2. i judt dont see anything about 2 cards in cpu-z
MXTrent75287
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MXTrent75287 »

If I were you I would get rid of one of those g cards. I have ran both setups before and it's not worth it. They are really only good for benchmarking or a game that is fully optimized for dual cards. Half the games I played didn't even support it and caused me other issues. But also make sure you aren't recording demo.
FatTree25 wrote:Trent did say it best though.
My Stats | Add me on Steam
Gideon#67
Team: Privateer

Post by Gideon#67 »

This game also only uses 1 core of your processor as well. And I'm not trolling, but if I understand correctly the multicore cpu's spread the speed over the total number of cores, at least this is the case with older cpu's. So a 3.4ghz dual core will actually run THIS game faster than a 4.1ghx 6 core. 1.7 ghz vs .68ghz . Like I said this was the case with older cpus not sure about yours though.
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
Axionkt

Post by Axionkt »

Actually you can optimize MX sim to run on SLI but it doesn't have a huge effect on the framerate.
I remember reading somewhere on this forum about forcing Single Frame Rendering (SFR) in the drivers and it allowed me to keep the fps quite high while enabling anti aliasing and slightly improving graphics settings.

However, as far as I know you can't add the memory of both cards, it only uses one, so the limit of texture memory is only one card (in my case, one card has 896MB, not 1792 as you cannot add those in SLI).
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

Thanks for actually giving some helpful adivce guys :lol: (gideon and axionkt), and my processor is new, it came out this year. also how do i optimize it to use the two cards exactly? and yeah i plan to sell both of em plus some extra ram i got then put it towards a gtx670.
Axionkt

Post by Axionkt »

Download Nvidia Inspector, create a profile for mx.exe (or the snapshot you are using) and set "SLI rendering mode" to "SLI_RENDERING_MODE_SFR".
Or import the following profile in Nvidia Inspector: http://www.mediafire.com/?049fe92q1kfitqq
Adjust to your liking and settings but keep the SLI rendering mode.

I doubt it will solve your problem but it should work better after that, at least it did for me.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

i downloaded nvidia inspector but i have no idea what ur talking about plus that file you posted i have no idea what to do with it cuz i cant open it
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

nevermind i figured it out :lol:
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

unfortunately it didnt help :( im gunna mess with it a lil more but ive had no luck