mxserver-2009-05-08

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
DJ99X

Re: mxserver-2009-05-08

Post by DJ99X »

Hey, leave my desktop alone!

Yeah, I know you can do that, but it doesn't really need to be organised
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

Sorry for yet another question but my server was just up literally 10 minutes ago and I closed it and added 4 new tracks(I've got the info files in the folder and everything)and then saved it in my batch file.I try to run it again and it wont...-.- I keep checking what I could have done wrong in the batch file but I don't see anything:
mxserver --port 19800 --max-clients 8 --password xxxx --greeting "Welcome to the free riding server" --ban-file bans.txt --results-file results.txt --track-interval 5 --minutes 0 --laps 5 trackinfo/DreamYard.trackinfo trackinfo/Dunes.trackinfo trackinfo/freeworld.trackinfo trackinfo/FMX1.trackinfo trackinfo/dirtyplayground.trackinfo trackinfo/Extreme_Single_Track.trackinfo trackinfo/antiearth.trackinfo trackinfo/fmx_rd.2.trackinfo trackinfo/Do_the_Dunes.trackinfo trackinfo/whippitvalley.trackinfo trackinfo/Mx_Training_Arena.trackinfo trackinfo/FMX.trackinfo

All of that is in a straight line.Other then a mistake in the batch file I don't understand why it wont work.Could it be one of the tracks?I don't get it :(
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
Brina927

Post by Brina927 »

Wow..If I would have waited 2 seconds longer before making that post It wouldn't be there.I made a stupid typo error by leaving a space in one of the trackinfo files -.- I apologize for the un needed posts :oops: :oops: :oops:
My Stats
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
yamirider517

Post by yamirider517 »

Brina927 wrote:Wow..If I would have waited 2 seconds longer before making that post It wouldn't be there.I made a stupid typo error by leaving a space in one of the trackinfo files -.- I apologize for the un needed posts :oops: :oops: :oops:
lol brina
Jwynn131
Team: Privateer

Post by Jwynn131 »

hehe :mrgreen: lol
Team Whip Style-Brina#73 Tony#517 Brent#126 Blah#112 Jwynn#131 Judge#52
mxracer118

Post by mxracer118 »

someone should make a vid tutorial on how to run a server.
DJ99X wrote:Putting forum quotes in your signature is gay as fuck
Brina927

Post by Brina927 »

Yes I agree.its not fun trying to teach people how to do it. :?
My Stats
Jwynn131

Post by Jwynn131 »

too hard for me :oops:
Team Whip Style-Brina#73 Tony#517 Brent#126 Blah#112 Jwynn#131 Judge#52
suzuki85

Post by suzuki85 »

how do i connect someones server, do i put in the ip address after 19800 or whatever port they have chose or do i just put in the ip address on the bar
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

suzuki85 wrote:how do i connect someones server, do i put in the ip address after 19800 or whatever port they have chose or do i just put in the ip address on the bar
you put it like this: xx.xxx.xxx.xx:19800 (or whatever portnumber). If I remember correctly, it is not necessary to put any portnumber if the server uses the port 19800.
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
suzuki85

Post by suzuki85 »

hi again, how can i check my ip address because i have looked on the internet everywhere and in my network settings in my computer and non of them seem t work?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Type "what is my IP address" into google and click "I'm feeling lucky".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

For me to start my server I have to run the command prompt with administrator privileges, change the working directory to my mxserver folder, then start the serverrun.bat in the command prompt. I was trying to figure out a way to make a batch file that did this, but I don't think you can do it that way.

I was able to run the cmd with admin privileges (have to run the bat file as an administrator). Then after that I couldn't get it to change the working directory. Pretty sure it's because you have to hit Enter in the cmd itself.

So, is there anyway to do this process in a batch file or do I have to start up the cmd and run the serverrun.bat from there every time?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

I'm setting myself up for a bashing here I just know it. :roll:

Well all these bat files and command prompts seem to be seriously over complicating the matter for people who just want to have a quick race with their friends in my opinion. All I did was download the server. Set-up the track infos I want. Fill in the "serverargs" file as per "readme". Then set up a shortcut for the server file with the ending --args-file serverargs.txt The server seems to work fine with just me on it. Haha I have no friends though so I could be talking out of "my source for organic matter". (I just wanted to see if I could do it.) This seems to set up a server fine if you don't want your results to be uploaded.

Oh dear, please go easy on me. :oops:
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

yzmxer608 wrote:For me to start my server I have to run the command prompt with administrator privileges, change the working directory to my mxserver folder, then start the serverrun.bat in the command prompt. I was trying to figure out a way to make a batch file that did this, but I don't think you can do it that way.

I was able to run the cmd with admin privileges (have to run the bat file as an administrator). Then after that I couldn't get it to change the working directory. Pretty sure it's because you have to hit Enter in the cmd itself.

So, is there anyway to do this process in a batch file or do I have to start up the cmd and run the serverrun.bat from there every time?
I'm pretty sure you can set the working directory in the shortcut.

To change it in the bat file use "cd c:\wherever".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.