My opinion/review

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
tobz173

My opinion/review

Post by tobz173 »

I absolutely enjoyed the demo, thinking of the endless limits that these physics lay way for us.

I froze for a second when i read on another forum that the full version was out, and minutes later i was downloading the full version after wacking the credit card out.
I must say i'm a tad dissapointed with any advances from the demo's to the full version. It's basically a demo with more tracks. I guess i was hoping for a bit more of a graphical advance, or improvement in the physics. Needless to say, the core of the game is still fun. I loved blasting out red bud and budds creek with the track erosion on, even though the ai is pretty bad when the going gets rough (a flaw we seen in the demo's). I'm not going to sit here and whinge about no multiplayer or anything, thats not something that i expect with this game, imho, i hope the multiplayer idea is thrown out the window, and other aspects of the game get concentrated on. Overall i like, and don't exactly regret paying for it, the erosion idea itself makes it worth it! but i do hope that we get our 50 bucks(AUD) worth of updates, etc.

and just an idea for the community, please dont turn this into another mva community with horrible unfinished tracks getting blasted out all over the joint. if you have a beta, share it with your friends, theres no need to waste other people's money with bad beta's, when it doesnt take much to share around a beta with friends on msn or something.

Oh yeah, and my best lap so far on redbud, this track got rooough after 7 laps :mrgreen:

Dont ever question my determination and my will to win - Chad Reed
Mumhra
Team: Privateer

Re: My opinion/review

Post by Mumhra »

You can't call the demo a demo imo. Which other game provides you with 3 tracks and all of the bikes in the demo ? Neither. The prereleases are what the word says.. a prelease, a beta. So saying that the full game basically is a demo with more tracks i completely wrong imo. It's a beta with more tracks yes.
Now the full game is out and i think that after april 1st the prereleases will be taken down and a demo will come in place. 1 track and 2 bikes or something like that. Just like mcm2 used to have.

I bought the game and i must say i'm thrilled with it. It is fantastic. I'm just waiting for 2 things now. Big bikes ofcourse and most important.. an online multiplayer.
Enhanced graphics would be cool as well but it's not a priority. The game is hard enough on the computers as it is. Making the graphics look better will even make it harder on the computers so a lot of people won't be able to play it. Making the sound a little better is more important then better graphics imo.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I hope I didn't give the impression that the full game would have any technical improvements over the prerelease. For the past couple of months I've been working on making the tracks almost exclusively and only fixing bugs in the game engine. Now that I've got a decent collection of tracks, you can expect a lot of technical improvements. In fact, I'll be releasing a new exe for registered users tonight that has adjustable suspension and gearing.

Ghost racing and better graphics are coming soon.
VRT_JPRLisbon_

Post by VRT_JPRLisbon_ »

JLV , i think ghost racing is not necessary , camom in real races we dont have ghost racing , we need race and choose lines without know if is faster or not , wee need feel if is or not , just my opinion . :wink:

The suspension setting is a good idiea and graphics.
tobz173

Post by tobz173 »

You can't call the demo a demo imo. Which other game provides you with 3 tracks and all of the bikes in the demo ? Neither. The prereleases are what the word says.. a prelease, a beta. So saying that the full game basically is a demo with more tracks i completely wrong imo. It's a beta with more tracks yes.
Now the full game is out and i think that after april 1st the prereleases will be taken down and a demo will come in place. 1 track and 2 bikes or something like that. Just like mcm2 used to have.
prelease/beta, now you splittin hairs. you said it yourself, its a beta with more tracks.
I bought the game and i must say i'm thrilled with it. It is fantastic. I'm just waiting for 2 things now. Big bikes ofcourse and most important.. an online multiplayer.
Enhanced graphics would be cool as well but it's not a priority. The game is hard enough on the computers as it is. Making the graphics look better will even make it harder on the computers so a lot of people won't be able to play it. Making the sound a little better is more important then better graphics imo.
Im thrilled with it also, but I believe that trying to bang out the multiplayer before the actual core aspects of the game is fnished is asking for trouble. Get it working perfectly offline before it starts getting messy online. Sorting out higher detail bike models, and perhaps better riding movements would be a great start. To me it seems a little unfinished, and thats what i think needs to be tackled first before starting on something as heavy as multiplayer
I hope I didn't give the impression that the full game would have any technical improvements over the prerelease. For the past couple of months I've been working on making the tracks almost exclusively and only fixing bugs in the game engine.
not at all, i guess it was my own impression, not really of anyone elses fault. And i understand where your coming from with what you have been concentrating on in the past couple of months.
Now that I've got a decent collection of tracks, you can expect a lot of technical improvements. In fact, I'll be releasing a new exe for registered users tonight that has adjustable suspension and gearing.

Ghost racing and better graphics are coming soon.
I like the idea of ghost racing, the AI just seem to get left behind :D Sounds good man, i look forward to this.
Dont ever question my determination and my will to win - Chad Reed
Mumhra
Team: Privateer

Post by Mumhra »

tobz173 wrote:prelease/beta, now you splittin hairs. you said it yourself, its a beta with more tracks.
It maybe looks like i'm splitting hairs but there actually is a hughe difference between a demo and a beta.
Let's go back some 10 years. All of a sudden a demo came out of a game called mcm2. It was the first good motocross game that came out. 2 (fictive) bikes, 2 (fictive) tracks (one national and one freestyle) and a limited online multiplayer. When the full game came out mx riders from all over the world were standing in line in order to buy it. The difference between the demo and the full game looked hughe but it wasn't that big imo. You had a lot of extra tracks, a lot of extra bikes and the online multiplayer was bigger. But that was it. The people at rainbow studios ended their work their. The mcm2 community however started modding the game, building new tracks and making skins which you could use in game
They had approx 100 people (if not more) behind the scenes working on this game. They never consulted the people that were actually going to buy the game on what they were looking for in a motocross game. They just handed out a finished product after teasing the people with a demo. Like a teaser or a trailer for a movie.
Jos does not have that big company behind him so he relied on us to betatest his game. So it's only normal that the difference between a beta and the full game is a lot smaller then the difference between a demo and the full game.
tobz173 wrote:Im thrilled with it also, but I believe that trying to bang out the multiplayer before the actual core aspects of the game is fnished is asking for trouble. Get it working perfectly offline before it starts getting messy online. Sorting out higher detail bike models, and perhaps better riding movements would be a great start. To me it seems a little unfinished, and thats what i think needs to be tackled first before starting on something as heavy as multiplayer
Ofcourse the multiplayer needs to be working perfect before releasing it. Nobody wants it to get messy online. I also agree that better rider movements and higher detail bike models would be great but i'm a little scared of that as well. Lots of people allready now can't play the game because it's to heavy on cpu's. Ofcourse those people have older computers but they also want to play this game. They can't play it because the framerates are to low. If you increase graphic levels the framerates will even drop more and even more people won't be able to play it. I have a 3.0 ghz processer but an older graphics card (geforce ti4200) and i can play with approx 15 ai bikes joining me. In between 15 and 20 the game gets laggy. Above 20 is simply impossible. A mate of mine can't even play when he's alone. He gets a max of 15 fps.
I don't really care for better graphics anyway. I don't see my own bike when playing. And i don't pay much attention to other bikes or rider movements either. I am to involved concentrating on my riding lol.
I am looking for good physics in a game. I'm a big fan of racing simulators. Games like Live for Speed, rFactor, Grand Prix Legends,... interest me. Where you actually feel like you are driving yourself. Games like Need for Speed don't interest me at all. That is to arcade stuff for me. This mx simulator is the first real simulator that comes out and that is much more important to me then the graphics you see in mx vs atv for example.

It maybe seems a little unfinished but that is because it is imo. When buying mcm2 you knew you had the full game. Now we can wait for updates to come out because it will normally only get better in the future.

jlv wrote:I hope I didn't give the impression that the full game would have any technical improvements over the prerelease. For the past couple of months I've been working on making the tracks almost exclusively and only fixing bugs in the game engine.
Nope. I did not expect anything more. I do however expect updates which i know will come :). Looking forward to them :)
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

i agree with you Mumhra i dont think you should focus on graphics for one these graphics are alright and if they stay this way we will have a lag free game i think you should work on things that really matter like movements and stuff that makes it handle liekereall life and then later on make it look good if you want