Information: Yz125 Funding

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Information: Yz125 Funding

Post by attacker5 »

Hello,
First off, this is a discussion, not a war.

I am thinking of running a sort of funding program for the yz. If the target is reached the jms, pngs and the template will be released. That way there is actually an incentive for the community. Also, there is nothing to rip because its all released, which I believe was asked before. ----"release everything, then there is nothing to rip"---- Well here is my compromise, everything will be released, but then there will need to be some sort of return.

Copyright isn't a problem for those who will ask, because it acts as a donation, not as payment for a product.

Also, its not limited to "some" people, because its an overall donation, so everyone contributes as a whole.

There will be people who will say "this isn't helping the community". Well, all the creators have been releasing things for free for a long time, and its been ripped, torn apart and shredded, by the a portion of this "developing" community. Now it would seem as though the only way to stop rippers, is to give them nothing to rip, which is done in two ways.

- Don't release anything.
- Release everything.

Me and i'm sure every other creator on here doesn't want to go for option one, but unfortunately option two is simply not viable if nothing is done in return.

I also really think that a small donation as a whole is not much to ask for a decent asset to be made for a game.

Also,I am not speaking for only myself here. I personally think if everyone who creates does this, the quality of work will rise and people will take things more seriously. Essentially you could have some sort of a market for it. A free asset community where everyone helps each other out is a great dream, a dream that some people have given 6 years for to realize, but that's all it is, a dream, I think its safe to say, its not going to happen with the way things are going on now.

Lets me mature, and discuss without arrogance or argument. Lets be polite.

Cheers, Have a great day.
Ramon Brand
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Re: Information: Yz125 Funding

Post by Ohagan75 »

i think this is a great way of helping the community get new content, that everyone can use. as long as creators don't start to 'sell' products to individuals then nothing will get passed around because everything is already public. i think this will work great to help people get motivated to make models and help repair the community from what has been happening recently. good job on trying to start something new
Donate if you like My Creations
Thumpiin
Team: Privateer

Post by Thumpiin »

Ohagan75 wrote:i think this is a great way of helping the community get new content, that everyone can use. as long as creators don't start to 'sell' products to individuals then nothing will get passed around because everything is already public. i think this will work great to help people get motivated to make models and help repair the community from what has been happening recently. good job on trying to start something new
This is what I meant.
" Image " - MX Simulator
MotoX745

Post by MotoX745 »

im all for it id definitely donate for models and stuff think this will overall be better
Attempted Photographer < I try.... Shitty racer, Only good at screenshots, forever pretending to be quick at MXS.
Jre
Team: squid

Post by Jre »

Really great idea. I would be definitely in with my CR. More discussion is welcome.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

Honestly, I am all for creators getting paid something. After all if it was not for the community there would be no way as many keys would be sold as it is now. It is because the creators create content appealing to the public to see. The only part I disagree with getting paid to replicate models is recreating real models that you do not have rights to do in the first place. I personally think it would be cool to see creators come up with their own design instead of models created by real companies. This is why I am such a fan of Kawasakis content ( for riding gear ), because he creates everything off the top of his head, and creates fresh stuff that no one in real life has.

May sound far fetched , but if you are going to create something, create something you draw up yourself instead of something that has already been thought of. This community has enough creativity, why not go for it?
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I think you need to be very clear about what, when and how you are going to release anything that you are accepting money for in this way. If I donate to this cause only to find out that some team that sucks up to you has access to anything that I dinated towards before me I am not going to be very happy. Unless of course it was spelled out very clearly in the description of what I was donating towards. This also applies to anyone you're working with.

Basically what I am saying is the entire process needs to be transparent.

Since you're here gauging interest why not throw out a $$$$$$ number?
Kording

Post by Kording »

Phathry25 wrote:Since you're here gauging interest why not throw out a $$$$$$ number?
yes I am very curious about this aswell. Are you talking about 5$ or 500$ ?
Tennis, Basketball and Baseball all requires one ball
Motocross requires two!
m121c

Post by m121c »

I like the idea Jeff. I've always wanted to make my own concept bike but its really harder then you think. :lol: I have thrown out multiple ideas, and its really hard to get a bike that doesn't look like a certain brand, that's if you want it to look good.

Kording I highly doubt it will be $5. Just curious what does the community think is fair? I have some $$$$ amounts floating around in my head but I'm curious on what the community would think is to much or to little. Keep in mind the amount of hours and effort that goes into making models, and then ask yourself if it were YOU what would you want? No one wants to rip anyone off, creator doesn't want to get payed to little, and the community doesn't want to have to pay to much. Which is understandable.
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

I love what you creators do. But this community was so much better back when DJ, DDMX, Gordy, and really everyone just did it for the love of the game. Good luck with your funding though.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

DannyBoy wrote:I love what you creators do. But this community was so much better back when DJ, DDMX, Gordy, and really everyone just did it for the love of the game. Good luck with your funding though.
Agreed, less egos back then.
VilloMoto
Crushed Dissenter
Team: SwagIsMyMiddleName

Post by VilloMoto »

One Word. RESPECT.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Unfortunately as the community grows you get a higher percentage of the bad. The community is completely different now and ultimately has made it come to this. Wish I could released things for the fun of the game and just the fun of making it but it's no fun for it to be ripped, passed around, disrespected, and made look bad by people. The amount of things that have been ripped this past week is crazy, it's like ripping has become the new way of creating almost. :lol:

So I'm just gonna throw a $ amount out there for discussion. For a full bike model with jm's, template, and pngs released I would think somewhere around $500 is sufficient? In my opinion that's a pretty low goal but I figured I would start somewhere.
Kording

Post by Kording »

m121c wrote:Kording. Keep in mind the amount of hours and effort that goes into making models, and then ask yourself if it were YOU what would you want?
Well you are right. I knew it will take alot of effort and countless hours of hard work to get a reasonable result. Nevertheless I am up to learning this and hopfully getting the Honda model finished. But I agree with DannyBoy allthough the user based content was not as good in quality as it is now. The overall standart is higher which puts even more pressure on the creators. As to me I guess I would release my model just right away when I think its finished. Allthough I could need a few more bucks in my pocket, I am just curious how this would end up !
Tennis, Basketball and Baseball all requires one ball
Motocross requires two!
Will-Hughes#205
Team: Atlas | TLD

Post by Will-Hughes#205 »

I had the same price range in my head as M121c. Although $500 seems alot, it isnt for the amount of hours and effort that goes into the bike. Didnt JLV suggest Kickstart or something like that?