Starting to play!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Berdasgatas
Team: Privateer

Starting to play!

Post by Berdasgatas »

Hello guys, im from Brazil so sorry for any writing mistake.
First of all, I bought the game couple days ago and I really liked it but it is pretty challenging, and I want to know from you guys, who already rocks in the tracks, how do YOU start playing? How many time for you to look at your riding and say "NOW I know how to play the game". I'm really into supercross tracks, but like most of you might know they are hard as hell, and I can't ride a single lap so far, I crash all the time, my corners are slow, I don't know how to stay straight after a jump, I don't know I just, don't know. Summerizing I want you guys to give your tips to start playing, which tracks to train in, that kind of thing, but I want to hear your story in the beggining PLEASE!
By the way, what are your setting to play in first person camera? I'm trying to start playing like this, FoV, height and angle!
Thank you all, greetings from Brazil!!
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: Starting to play!

Post by Pumaxcs »

I rode Rabbit Hill for two weeks then played for months on Eskwannabe. Those were the only two tracks out then. :lol:
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Berdasgatas

Post by Berdasgatas »

My biggest problem is like, I'm on the section in the supercross tracks but as my bike hit the floor I start losing control it's just so hard for me, I don't know what to do.
I'm on stability 35 right now
rgaede

Post by rgaede »

First, raise your stability so something that makes it easier to ride. Next, ride the simpler stock tracks like puma suggested. Lower your stability as you get better. Just be patient and practice and you'll get it!
Rgaede Past numbers #333 #19 Now #373

DILLIGAF
Berdasgatas

Post by Berdasgatas »

But, if I play only on easy tracks, when I go to supercross won't I be screwed? And about the first person camera, can someone say me?
rgaede

Post by rgaede »

nah, the easy tracks teach you the mechanics. Once you find the simple tracks starting to get easy, then if you start to advance to the sx tracks you'll be better at bike control and the tracks will still be difficult at first but easier to master. It's just like riding in real life. I've been playing the game since '08 and because of a slow computer I usually take long breaks in between playing because I want to run online, but can't right now. Because of this I usually burn a few laps on an easy track, then jump into either sx or mx depending on my mood. Most of all, just have fun, even if you decide not to spin laps on the easier tracks and just learn on the sx tracks.
Rgaede Past numbers #333 #19 Now #373

DILLIGAF
underdoug
Crushed Dissenter
Team: fappp

Post by underdoug »

takes bout 8 months to get the hang of it, :D .
Berdasgatas

Post by Berdasgatas »

Hmm so I'm on the right way I guess, I thought it was pretty easier to start playing and I sucked at that, but as I'm seeing it really takes time to start playing well :P
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

If I'd have put as much time into playing my drums as I've put into this frustrating (but rewarding fun) game, well I'd be pretty pimp on that drumset in the backroom, maybe even teaching some young fellers how to play but nope, this game has kept me occupied in my free time and my musical interests have taken back seat for over 3 years. Anyways...

Just start off playing the easy tracks, get a feel for it, progress comes slow. I played stock tracks for almost 2 months before I started tackling the SX tracks, I practiced alot on those SX tracks offline and on private servers with friends and thought I was getting pretty good so I went online (JLV's servers) to race other players and I got SMOKED! several months later after losing nearly every race it finally started to click and I was starting to win my fair share of online matches. I never got into the organized races because of timeframes and work hours, I don't think I would have done much winning in the organized races anyway because I just never got fast enough, some people have it, some don't.

I don't play online a lot anymore, when I do it's usually the stock tracks server just because it's fun and easy to ride the tracks and I can just kick back and enjoy playing rather than hitting the perfect line on a rutted bumpy national track.

This game takes lots of practice, lots of patience, and you have to learn to be very smooth on the controls. The return is the game never gets old, and the learning curve still exists even after years of playing, even the fast guys are finding new ways to go faster.
Berdasgatas

Post by Berdasgatas »

Hey guys, another thing i'm having trouble in is the corners when it has no "walls" like, supercross tracks most of the corners have it, but sometimes it doesn't, and I just fall off because have no place to support my bike, I don't know if you know what I mean, i'd say a straight corner, please tell me because my bike just keep falling.
Thanksssss!
Fro77
Team: TBR

Post by Fro77 »

If you are talking about a flat corner try sitting down
Ddavis wrote:You paid your $5 to do this shitty event so deal with it, everyone who wants their money back for whatever fucking reason, go get a job you poor bastard.
James_122 wrote:If you really want to know if Jesus is real, just ask Havoc They went to college together.
Del
Team: Dubmoto

Post by Del »

Berdasgatas wrote:Hey guys, another thing i'm having trouble in is the corners when it has no "walls" like, supercross tracks most of the corners have it, but sometimes it doesn't, and I just fall off because have no place to support my bike, I don't know if you know what I mean, i'd say a straight corner, please tell me because my bike just keep falling.
Thanksssss!
Fro is correct, learning forward also helps. When you start getting faster you'll learn that you can tilt the bike over till it almost falls, then grab a handful of gas and just spin around the corner.
Berdasgatas

Post by Berdasgatas »

So, I always lean forward and stay sitted when doing a corner, but I don't know I just don't feel confortable, maybe a little gas? And another thing, when I finish the corner, I just can't get my bike straight and I go all twisted I don't know, and please tell me your configuration for 1st person camera, PLEASE!!!
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotardMatt220

Post by JT43 »

Have you changed any of the actual setup apart from the stability? If not you should tamper around with it until you get a setup you are comfortable with, or if you're lazy like me, just go on YouTube and some people have uploaded their setups
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
Berdasgatas

Post by Berdasgatas »

That's what I did JT, I got setup from youtube