PS4 controller on MXS

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
bondsmx
Team: privateer

PS4 controller on MXS

Post by bondsmx »

Just picked up a PS4 controller getting ready for the release of the PS4.. ive read they plug and play on PC's as well.. just wondering if anyone has one already and has tried to see if itll work or whatnot.. about to start tinkering with it now.. anyone know?
Race Bonds #203
bondsmx

Re: PS4 controller on MXS

Post by bondsmx »

update.. PS4 controller pretty good on MXS buttttt..

only 1 issue i can see.. for some reason the game sees the R2 and L2 triggers as buttons instead of an axis.. so you can NOT use throttle control or braking.. The throttle or brakes are either ON or OFF.. no half gas or half brakes.. is there any way to fix this? maybe JLV has an answer? I would LOVE to use this PS4 controller, but with throttle or braking control, its not really an option!

when i go to calibrate the controller, my PC realizes that the R2 and L2 are pressure sensitive buttons, but MXS does not..
Race Bonds #203
BuryYourHead707

Post by BuryYourHead707 »

I wonder if you could use xpadder to trick your PC into thinking its an X360 controller.
Then MX Sim would recognize the analog triggers and you'd be set! Is the DS4 showing up as a Generic USB Device?
bondsmx

Post by bondsmx »

the PC reads it as "wireless controller" or in control panel HID-complaint game controller type: human interface device
Race Bonds #203
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Do you have some bluetooth device in your PC or is your controller wired? It sounds like to me it just a driver that isn't being read correctly as I'm pretty sure I heard them say they kept them as triggers. Just the input being read incorrectly because I'm pretty sure the PS3 controller had the same issue until the motionjoy driver. Might just be a waiting game to see what happens with that though.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
bondsmx

Post by bondsmx »

My pc isnt blutooth capable, so i am running it wired.. the triggers work as they should on the PS3, my son is playing a baseball game with it as i type this. They "should" work as far as i can tell...

if it is a waiting game, im hoping i dont have to wait too long.. the controller feels and works great.. I like it wayy better then the ps3 controller, and the logitech i used on this game beforehand. My Logi took a dump on last weekend, so with the PS4 controller coming out, (and reading that they would plug&play on PC) I thought itd be a perfect time to get one.. i could use it on MXS and have a spare for my ps4 if i ever needed it.
Race Bonds #203
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26556

Just incase you haven't seen it. Can't believe I didn't even think to suggest trying to manually map it through the config but him explaining how the buttons work explained why it wasn't working. Thanks Nikhil for keeping that updated, might have to go and get a controller as my Logitech is getting worn out.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

Yeah, check the last post I made in the thread puma linked. Honestly, I prefer the PS3 controller for MXS. I use the right stick for throttle, and the response is different on the DS4. I constantly get front wheel drop when going off jumps, it's like the throttle doesn't open up all the way.
BuryYourHead707

Post by BuryYourHead707 »

**EVERYONE CONSIDERING A DS4 PURCHASE**

This controller is hands down, the best controller I've used for MXS. (DS3, X360, Logitech)
The OP is having a "range of movement" issue with his analog sticks/triggers.
This us due to a couple of parameters in the config.

I plan on releasing a detailed FAQ withing the next couple days on not only how to get the DS4 properly mapped in MXS, but also the different methods of syncing it with your PC.

MAC people... I'm sorry :P
lipps199
Team: Privateer

Post by lipps199 »

bondsmx wrote:update.. PS4 controller pretty good on MXS buttttt..

only 1 issue i can see.. for some reason the game sees the R2 and L2 triggers as buttons instead of an axis.. so you can NOT use throttle control or braking.. The throttle or brakes are either ON or OFF.. no half gas or half brakes.. is there any way to fix this? maybe JLV has an answer? I would LOVE to use this PS4 controller, but with throttle or braking control, its not really an option!

when i go to calibrate the controller, my PC realizes that the R2 and L2 are pressure sensitive buttons, but MXS does not..
Have you figured this out yet? I'm having trouble. I'm on a Mac too.
SoCaLTJ

Post by SoCaLTJ »

lipps199 wrote:
bondsmx wrote:update.. PS4 controller pretty good on MXS buttttt..

Have you figured this out yet? I'm having trouble. I'm on a Mac too.
Search up DS4 Tool on google. I use the Input Mapper, but i'm not sure if it works with Mac's. There's about 3-4 of these Tools made, one of them might work with Mac, good luck.
blaster70

Post by blaster70 »

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26586

This is what i used. It does the trick and you only have to mess with a text file in your personal folder to get it to work properly
blaster70

Post by blaster70 »

Whoops... just realized that that wouldn't work for you guys...
lipps199

Post by lipps199 »

blaster70 wrote:Whoops... just realized that that wouldn't work for you guys...
What do you mean "you guys"? That's pretty techist. Jk jk, don't ban me.

On a serious note this is making it harder for me to get to the next level on this game. Just to clarify, in mx sim the throttle, brake and steering can all be pressure sensitive? Meaning the more I push the trigger the more throttle the bike gets. For me at the moment the trigger is a all or nothing. No variability in the throttle or anything else that works similar. I really hope this made sense.

My main point. Are throttle, brake and steering controls able to be progressive depending on the trigger or analog sticks?
JCB
Team: None

Post by JCB »

I realize this isn't any help to you; I used to use ps3 controller and it was the same exact way. I switched to 360 and now I have full control of throttle and back brake, but now I can't use L2 and R2 at the same time like I did on the ps3 controller. Anyone know why? It's like:

if l2 and r2 pressed together:
void()