Scrubing

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Braders756
Crushed Dissenter

Scrubing

Post by Braders756 »

Been tryin' to scrub for ages now... some people are telling me to lean one way then just as you're about to leave the jump quickly the other way so that the bars are facing down. I've tried this but the bike just loops out and I end up in a pile on the floor.
I know it won't save me heaps of time but I'm trying to learn scrubs for video purposes more than anything. Any help or tips are much appreciated.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Scrubing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

|
As you go up the jump face, turn and lean forward at the last second before the top(I drag rear brake then too). After clearing the top immediately turn back the other way, lean back and gas it to be straight enough to land it. This coming from a 4 year player that can't qualify for an AM event yet. Hope it helps some. Listen to Trey before me, I haven't watched the video yet lol.
|
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
JP37R
Team: JPR

Re: Scrubbing

Post by JP37R »

You definately have to find the sweet spot just before the lip of the jump. I started off just learning to lay the bike down on the face and having it slide over the crown of the jump (yes, it ended in a lot of crashes), then once I consistently slid over the top with the front end still pointed forward I began turning the wheel into the jump finding the sweet spot for it to grab enough to correct the bike back. Start on a jump with a larger smooth radius on top (like the first jump after the finish on mx777). Once you get a handle on the technique for the easy smooth jumps you can make adjustments for how you approach the more standard jumps.
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotardMatt220

Re: Scrubing

Post by JT43 »

Sit/dab, then lean on the face of the jump then just before take off slam on your front and back brake and pray to god that you land it.
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else