Stationary Camera Views?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
bhd

Stationary Camera Views?

Post by bhd »

Hello, I just bought the game yesterday and am still trying to figure out my way around things. I've spent a lot of time on the forum and have learned a lot already, so thanks for that.

Anyway, I have searched for this topic a hundred times already and haven't found any answers yet -- maybe someone can help me. In all the videos that people post, they have some really cool camera work, with the cameras being stationary at corners or in front of jumps as the bikes go flying by. How can I get that kind of view during playback???? I know to hit Tab to switch from 1st to 3rd person, but that's not what I'm talking about. I want to watch my race with the stationary cams that make it look like footage you'd actually see in a televised MX race.

Again, I've tried to search for this, but to no avail. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Rallemx

Re: Stationary Camera Views?

Post by Rallemx »

You mean where the camera is following the rider? Hold the 'dab' button.
TeamGreenRidrR

Post by TeamGreenRidrR »

I think he means that the camera just hangs somewhere on the track, that u can move it, not 1st or 3rd, but the other camera when u press tab, i'm searching for the same lol, mine just keeps sitting at the start gate, i wanna move it around
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

TeamGreenRidrR wrote:I think he means that the camera just hangs somewhere on the track, that u can move it, not 1st or 3rd, but the other camera when u press tab, i'm searching for the same lol, mine just keeps sitting at the start gate, i wanna move it around
Then do so. Shift up = up, shift down = down, up arrow = forward, down arrow = backwards, go try it :P
TeamGreenRidrR

Post by TeamGreenRidrR »

Rallemx wrote:
TeamGreenRidrR wrote:I think he means that the camera just hangs somewhere on the track, that u can move it, not 1st or 3rd, but the other camera when u press tab, i'm searching for the same lol, mine just keeps sitting at the start gate, i wanna move it around
Then do so. Shift up = up, shift down = down, up arrow = forward, down arrow = backwards, go try it :P
oh thankyou,

now i can start making a movie when I have some more nice actions:D
bhd

Post by bhd »

Yeah, I mean like in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwa2JZnYRU

See how at the beginning, the camera is stationary and the bike goes flying over it? And then the camera is waiting at a corner and the bike goes cruising by? Or the camera is in front of the jump as the rider goes over? How can I get those views??? :?:
NIKK SPILLANE #244
Team: Privateer

Post by NIKK SPILLANE #244 »

bhd wrote:Yeah, I mean like in this video:

See how at the beginning, the camera is stationary and the bike goes flying over it? And then the camera is waiting at a corner and the bike goes cruising by? Or the camera is in front of the jump as the rider goes over? How can I get those views??? :?:

Rallemx wrote:Then do so. Shift up = up, shift down = down, up arrow = forward, down arrow = backwards, go try it :P
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

bhd wrote:Yeah, I mean like in this video:

I think your problem might be that you have to playback a recorded demo to get the freecam:
-Go to New Race, and check that the record demos option is set to yes
-Now start a race or go online
-Afterwards in the main menu select playback demo, and then default. Default is always the replay of the latest race. If you wanna save many demos you gotta go to your mx sim personal folder\demos and rename the default.mxdemo
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
bhd

Post by bhd »

Thanks for the help, everyone! Got it now! :D