REV CRF copyright abuse (was: post your screen shots of MXSim)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Jonathan
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VWK

Re: post your screen shots of MXSim

Post by Jonathan »

Kawasakis wrote:No one said its not yours messiah,they just play with it,they dont rip any parts or shit like that. Look at mcmfactory website,there is few skins with your all work just changed graphics,dont know if they did gave you credits for it.

1. Dont give your work to others,because it will happen sometime still...
2. You knew something will happen like this.

And internet/virtual world is not perfect,you cant trust everyone..
And yes,i would be pissed off really bad too.
HE DIDNT FUCKING GIVE IT TO ANYONE!!!!!! GOD DAMIT!!
Buttscratcher?
FelipeMX
Team: Finesse Supersports

Post by FelipeMX »

Mittocs wrote:
borderpatrol199 wrote:Wow, you must not have a life. Spend 90 days straight making a model for a game.
You're an idiot.
FelipeMX wrote:I understand your pain, but I think that instead just threat everyone you should take it for the next step, whatever you will make! Conserning that you've got to spend your time on it (I saw that pics on the forum and it almost reach the perfection) and as Uncle Sam says 'time is money'!
Everybody here already knows that your bike got ripped, so if you have something else to say, just go directly to the spot and do not bring some more problems that is enough explicit.
If you really want to run over your purpose, do not waste more time here and avoid to give them a way to 'break away'. For now, all what I can say is good luck and congratulations for do not let it just be forgotten.
Please just shut up.
TimFerry15 wrote:Maybe that's what he enjoys doing. I know that i really like modeling, it's fun. It's just like most everyone on this forum may enjoy riding their dirtbike/four wheeler. And also, like he said, making the model was for a "fun and educational purpose".
Exactly
dude I was not talking to you so just shut up!
Finesse Supersports
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Jonathan wrote:HE DIDNT FUCKING GIVE IT TO ANYONE!!!!!! GOD DAMIT!!
I know you pussy. Well just REV guys,yfmx had it in MXS tho.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

felipe please...
you dont obviously know what your getting involved with, just leave it so, also could someone post a fucking 3 page marathon of pics so everytime this threat updates i wouldnt have to look at some stuff wich is already setteled,
messiah sayd, send the confirm, or sue... thats it!

god damn, i know i post stuff but this has gone so big i dont even want to look this forum, HUOH.
yFMX
Team: Privateer

Post by yFMX »

Kawasakis wrote:Well just REV guys,yfmx had it in MXS tho.
I am the ONLY one who have the 3ds Max file of the crf. I have never transfered, given, passed it or whatever to anybody. Nobody has the conversion I have, not even Messiah.
Let's go back to screenshots now.
Marlon#8
Team: PPG

Post by Marlon#8 »

yFMX wrote:Let's go back to screenshots now.
Image- APS_Marlon
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Garasaki wrote:
FactoryBR21 wrote:
DJ wrote:I'm just waiting on the creators of Call of Duty to jump into this thread...
Hahaha , I definitely know what your talking about... yeah hopefully they will never see it lol
I hope not - I struggled with this a lot myself, but it comes down to the fact that there is simply no quality alternative, JLV has made it clear he is not going to help out with quality vegitation objects, and I don't have several thousand dollars to purchase the program myself.

I think if all the creators were to pledge some money, we MIGHT be able to afford buying a version of speedtree. But look at the level of trust amoungst the creators here :roll: Don't see that turning out well.

I do, however, think that is a TOTALLY different situation pulling models from REV.
We most likely won't get Speedtree. But maybe we should all chip in some money, and find a nice legal pack of trees that everyone can use. But yeah, the way most people would rather take than give on this forum, cant see that happening
dcMN

Post by dcMN »

how much money would it take?
Atown_Ottowa

Post by Atown_Ottowa »

Garasaki wrote: So, look there, Jones provided useful feedback!!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Hm, work on the next snapshot or sort through 10 pages of BS. What to do, what to do....
mxer323 wrote:But dont be pointing fingers and calling stuff if you got dirt on you. You wanna call us Rippers.... whats REV ? The biggest rip of ANYTHING. You took a full on corporate game and did multiple things then re-released it.... oh my that sounds like RIPPING, then you accept donations and profit from it ? (profit is not just currency if you did not know )
REV isn't a rip. It's an add on and it's completely legal. It would only be illegal if he distributed MVA with it.

As far as DDMX and the CRF, converting it was perfectly legal. The illegal part was where he distributed it to his "friends". With friends like that who needs enemies right? Of course, Messiah is probably thinking the same thing about DDMX.
Garasaki wrote:I hope not - I struggled with this a lot myself, but it comes down to the fact that there is simply no quality alternative, JLV has made it clear he is not going to help out with quality vegitation objects, and I don't have several thousand dollars to purchase the program myself.
When did I say that? I'm just not going to use Speedtree since the license will limit my options in the future.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

jlv wrote:As far as DDMX and the CRF, converting it was perfectly legal. The illegal part was where he distributed it to his "friends". With friends like that who needs enemies right? Of course, Messiah is probably thinking the same thing about DDMX.
But he distributed giving credits to the creator?

Its a freee file.
Maybe everyone converted it themselves.
only one to win something real from the game!
Voutare

Re: REV CRF copyright abuse (was: post your screen shots of MXSi

Post by Voutare »

Well, I'm kind of glad I'm not into the whole xfire, make friends with people online business, because this shit is really dumb.

But, How many times here have you all complained about ripping? A lot. Not pointing fingers, but almost all of the top creators have voiced their opinions against it, but once you are the ones accused, you can easily jump ship and switch over. I'd take a look in the mirror, because if you'd rip REV for MXS, but as soon as someone uses your beloved exhaust skin, you'd flip.

Best decision I have ever made: Not following MXS online. The amount of childish games, and how you all consider internet people you've never met 'friends' (xfire, vent, skype, whatever you all think of next). I dunno, call me old fashioned, but it's a little ridiculous.
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

Voutare wrote:Well, I'm kind of glad I'm not into the whole xfire, make friends with people online business, because this shit is really dumb.

But, How many times here have you all complained about ripping? A lot. Not pointing fingers, but almost all of the top creators have voiced their opinions against it, but once you are the ones accused, you can easily jump ship and switch over. I'd take a look in the mirror, because if you'd rip REV for MXS, but as soon as someone uses your beloved exhaust skin, you'd flip.

Best decision I have ever made: Not following MXS online. The amount of childish games, and how you all consider internet people you've never met 'friends' (xfire, vent, skype, whatever you all think of next). I dunno, call me old fashioned, but it's a little ridiculous.
agreed 100% percent
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Voutare wrote:Well, I'm kind of glad I'm not into the whole xfire, make friends with people online business, because this shit is really dumb.

and as hypocritical as it may make me look, 100% agreed as well. I'll try to keep my nose out of this stuff in the future.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Its not bad having a chat with some of the others, and its great when you are racing. But yeah, can't really treat them as 'friends'