REV CRF copyright abuse (was: post your screen shots of MXSim)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: post your screen shots of MXSim

Post by jlv »

Jones221 wrote:
jlv wrote:As far as DDMX and the CRF, converting it was perfectly legal. The illegal part was where he distributed it to his "friends". With friends like that who needs enemies right? Of course, Messiah is probably thinking the same thing about DDMX.
But he distributed giving credits to the creator?
Giving a credit makes no difference. You have to abide by the terms given by the copyright holder. If he doesn't give any terms, it is the same as all rights reserved. That's why I had to get permission for distributing all of the stuff used in the track competition. Nothing was posted with distribution terms so I had no right to distribute without permission from the copyright holder.
Jones221 wrote:Its a freee file.
Maybe everyone converted it themselves.
That would have been a good story, but it's too late to lawyer up now.
Atown_Ottowa wrote:Heres what it comes down too, and John i'm not trying to show you any disrespect.

You can sue anyone for anything. I can sue queero because I think he's gay. But that doesn't mean I will have a case. If you want to sue someone for copyright charges john, you're going to need to sue the person accountable. Did I pull your bike out of rev? No. Did Jones? No. Did 99% of the people that have pull it out? No. And David, i'm not trying to throw you under the bus here, but I'm saying that you were, the very first person who did it. And you know what? That might not even be illegal, I'm not sure. But, you did give it to Scott and brian and Hegge. Thats where you messed up. And you can say all day that it was meant to be private, but that doesn't matter. Once you give it to someone else, thats where your at fault. I'm not trying to throw you under the bus David. But this all traces back to you. Sure we all have the bike, and were at fault too. But we did not go out of our way to pull it out of a protected file. Now John, if you are very serious about legal options, I would give you this advice. Don't waste your money on something that your not gonna have a case on. I can guarantee you at least 30 people aren't going to email you who had the bike. Are you going to sue all of them..? No... If you're really this angry about it, at least pick a battle you might win. David was the person who ripped the bike out, and distributed it to close friends. Those friends distributed it to close friends. You see what I'm saying. Cut the head off the snake, and the body dies. Thats my .2
What close friends? David gave the CRF to people who are now apparently trying to focus blame on him instead of accepting their responsibility in the fiasco. Not sure what you'd call that, but friend is definitely not the word for it. I don't think you could make a better lesson about choosing your friends carefully.
RaNDoM HeRO wrote:JLV these stupid kids that rip,and constantly talk shit about people are gonna ruin your sales if you dont start banning people, no more warnings,no more "ill give them one more chance"
There are bans coming.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Re: REV CRF copyright abuse (was: post your screen shots of MXSi

Post by DJ99X »

Atown_Ottowa wrote:Heres what it comes down too, and John i'm not trying to show you any disrespect.

You can sue anyone for anything. I can sue queero because I think he's gay. But that doesn't mean I will have a case. If you want to sue someone for copyright charges john, you're going to need to sue the person accountable. Did I pull your bike out of rev? No. Did Jones? No. Did 99% of the people that have pull it out? No. And David, i'm not trying to throw you under the bus here, but I'm saying that you were, the very first person who did it. And you know what? That might not even be illegal, I'm not sure. But, you did give it to Scott and brian and Hegge. Thats where you messed up. And you can say all day that it was meant to be private, but that doesn't matter. Once you give it to someone else, thats where your at fault. I'm not trying to throw you under the bus David. But this all traces back to you. Sure we all have the bike, and were at fault too. But we did not go out of our way to pull it out of a protected file. Now John, if you are very serious about legal options, I would give you this advice. Don't waste your money on something that your not gonna have a case on. I can guarantee you at least 30 people aren't going to email you who had the bike. Are you going to sue all of them..? No... If you're really this angry about it, at least pick a battle you might win. David was the person who ripped the bike out, and distributed it to close friends. Those friends distributed it to close friends. You see what I'm saying. Cut the head off the snake, and the body dies. Thats my .2
If you accept stolen goods knowing that they are stolen, then you are liable.
Atown_Ottowa

Post by Atown_Ottowa »

They were stolen? Had no clue
Garasaki wrote: So, look there, Jones provided useful feedback!!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

DJ wrote:If you accept stolen goods knowing that they are stolen, then you are liable.
Copyright is different. It deals with distribution. If the New York Times stole an article from the Washington Post, they would be liable for the illegal distribution, not the people who bought the paper.

There might be something in the DMCA that makes the receiver liable. I'm not sure though, the DMCA is huge and I'm not familiar with everything in it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

Atown_Ottowa wrote:They were stolen? Had no clue
hipocrit...
i dont believe you, and everyone, you are letting david be the fault´s owner, altrought he did a mistake, that was closed a long time ago, if you still having the model since the last conversation is your fault and not david´s, learn to face things, accept it, delete the bike and send a mail to MessiaH, and done, is that so hard?
i really feel sorry for this, it makes me angry and for some reason i kinda, lost my "i wanna release this!" feeling...
hoping that everyone recapacites and stop being under momma´s dress and show up your faces, im pretty sure that a simple im sorry would fix all, and if anyone apologizes and erase the files i really would be proud of him and i´ll show no bad feelings or nothing.

hoping that this gets solved.

mauricio.
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
jake413

Post by jake413 »

so what is the point of this thread.. to show his work.. and now argue havent been on in a couple days so im not to sure what going on..

by the way on whats going to happen..
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

People were using Messiah's CRF. That is the point

Whats the point of you making a new user just to get rid of the underscore in your name?
jake413

Post by jake413 »

im talking about like legal issues smartass obviously they are. because my other one i made new pass i think and when i would sign in or try it would tell me i try to sign in to much and ask for captcha and i never got those right so i said whatever illjust make a new one. is that all you want to klnow?? or you need more info ssn full name age birthday ect.
kinda wierd you noticed... or actually cared but hey csi AUS never fails

pfft :|
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Not hard to notice. Having 13 posts and joining on the 1st of July was a bit of a giveaway. I thought you were avoiding a ban or something.

I already know your name. After months of research, I discovered that your name is.... Jake :shock:
jake413

Post by jake413 »

oh yeah forgot you see different hings right or i never noticed...

hahah told ya csi aus never fails.
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

mace-x wrote: for some reason i kinda, lost my "i wanna release this!" feeling...
in my opinion i think that is part of what rapes this community in the ass.
giopanda
Team: Privateer

Post by giopanda »

it's a shame that this happended again.
you all know i'm with john, i already told him and helped him with legal and copyrights stuff since i know them a lot, and that's the reason why everybody hates me now on this forum, even who was supposed to help the "victims" and punish the responsibles when this same experience happened to me.
glad to see jlv exposed his point of view and is going to take action against this.
what really saddens me is that everyone is afraid of john while all of you laughed at me and insulted me personally when the same happened to me few months ago.
i saw my shoei helmet ripped again yesterday and it has been hard not to write anything about because i know i would have been the one bashed and flamed in that conversation.
giopanda

Post by giopanda »

it's a shame that this happended again.
you all know i'm with john, i already told him and helped him with legal and copyrights stuff since i know them a lot, and that's the reason why everybody hates me now on this forum, even who was supposed to help the "victims" and punish the responsibles when this same experience happened to me.
glad to see jlv exposed his point of view and is going to take action against this.
what really saddens me is that everyone is afraid of john while all of you laughed at me and insulted me personally when the same happened to me few months ago.
i saw my shoei helmet ripped again yesterday and it has been hard not to write anything about because i know i would have been the one bashed and flamed in that conversation.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

giopanda wrote:it's a shame that this happended again.
People don't hate you on this forum?
I'm not scared of John, if he wants to take anyone to court, so be it..

The problem with the shoei was, you really overeacted over some vents, that can easily be remade/replicated.

I hope you come back to the community Gio, really like your work.
only one to win something real from the game!
giopanda

Post by giopanda »

i'm talking in general jones, i know not really everyone hates me.
it's not a question of over reaction, if someone stole something from you wouldn't you consider him a thief?
or are you gonna call him "almost thief" because he didn't stole your whole house?
that's why my reaction, and as i said the same happened again yesterday.