Game Hints / Tips

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Mayfly
Team: Privateer

Game Hints / Tips

Post by Mayfly »

Well quite a few people have now had a dabble at game and some fast lap times I'm sure have been made. Any of the guys who have done 100+ laps got any tips for those of us who are struggling? Control Set ups, Stability settings, Gear - Auto/Manual, braking and cornering techniques etc.... I first tried the game on auto gears but have notice its easier to control with manual gears to slow down. What have you found to work?
nickmx

Post by nickmx »

well im still struggling to but it depends on what yall struggling on so i can help out.im almost got it were i can get the bike 4 gear pined in the first turn on 70% satbility sorry if i missed spell a word or two.
heres my bike setup
Stability-70% thats for me but yall should try 80%+
Front Brake-Normal
Back Brake-Normal
stop wheelies-yes
Automatic shifting-no
Dab when stopped-yes
Reversed steering-no
Lean indication-no it just tells when your leaning to much

oh some turns if you REV out the engine when you now just coming out of the turn you fish tale and crash, i do that alote but dont rev out your engine to much and i keep my bike in 2nd gear almost all the turns. on jumps try to keep the bike streight when your coming up on a jump and dont do whips and stuff thats what also makes you crash. thats help me a bunch i dont crash as much. im still trying ways to get to the turns faster so look for updates sooner or later. i hope this help a little.

brakes wise
i mainly use front. it doesnt go side ways all the time, unlike the back brake, i sometime use both just in case i need to stop in dime. but its your choice.
Last edited by nickmx on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
nickmx

Post by nickmx »

if you keep practicing the tips you'll have times around 90s and lower

Image[/img]
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

My best so far is a 75 at that track. 50% stability. I'm starting to learn whips and scrubs. Problem is its hard to find a good jump that I can easily over jump to practice on. I stand coming into the corners, then sit when I exit. Usually until I get to a jump, or I come to another corner. The bike is way more stable this way, I don't get as many head shakes.
nickmx

Post by nickmx »

Phathry25 wrote:My best so far is a 75 at that track. 50% stability. I'm starting to learn whips and scrubs. Problem is its hard to find a good jump that I can easily over jump to practice on. I stand coming into the corners, then sit when I exit. Usually until I get to a jump, or I come to another corner. The bike is way more stable this way, I don't get as many head shakes.
thats good yeah im not trying to get the best time yet. ive been exlporing on thing more than time. but i hope this help most people

Post by Guest »

Im loving this game. although im having trouble keeping the bike upright when i land.
nickmx

Post by nickmx »

Anonymous wrote:Im loving this game. although im having trouble keeping the bike upright when i land.
yeah i kinda have the same problems to but im kinda getting it. just try to keep the bike streight as much as you can before you hit the jump and it should help you from landing wrong.

NICKMX
cpt_slow

Post by cpt_slow »

i find if your front wheel comes too high during a jump use the sit button and it leans it forward giving better control on jumps :)
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Don't forget you can panic rev and brake while airborn to raise and lower the front wheel.

You can also use the gyro effect of the front wheel to make mid air adjustments, but it takes a lot of practice to get the hang of it. Once you're used to it you can land some really crazy stuff.
tobz173

Post by tobz173 »

im really getting into this now, i struggled at first but your video made it alot easier. I can pull away from the expert class, but ill lay it over every now and then, it makes it interesting :D loving dicing with the opposition. also, one of the tracks, the furtherst gate on the right, you can ride straight through it.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Thanks for the bug report. I've found the problem and it is fixed for the next release.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Running 25% stability. Front and rear anti-locks, but I don't think the rear anti-lock works. The RM really does seem to be faster. Kinda wish I had a speedometer so I had an easy way to check and see just how hard I am railing a berm, I can feel when I hit it just right, but I want to see how much I am really picking up.

nickmx

Post by nickmx »

Phathry25 wrote:The RM really does seem to be faster.
kawasakis are fast[/img]

Post by Guest »

im slowly getting the steering down

im now at 40%

Post by Guest »

HOW DID U GET A 3RD PERSON VEIW?