Generating results page from demo?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Generating results page from demo?

Post by DBRider251 »

I'm doing some stats work for a project and in my research, I found 2 main events that didn't get printed to the server page. The 2020 Glendale 450 triple crown main 3, and the 2020 Oakland 250 SX main.

For the 450 race, the 250 race before it was https://servers.mxsimulator.com/servers ... /7544.html, but 7545 is the EU series heat race the next day. The race was ran and finished. The server progressed to the next race as well, 2:38:37 on stream shows the server restarting.

Same thing for the 250 main the next week, https://servers.mxsimulator.com/servers ... /7569.html is the 450 LCQ, then 7570 is the 450 main. This was finished and the next race ran fine.

In the end, it's not that big of a deal. I have the winners which is the most important part. But if I can get a full page of results if I'm able to track down the demos to get consistency winner, hard charger, all my other stats, I would like to.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Generating results page from demo?

Post by jlv »

It'd be pretty straightforward to make a script to translate results.txt to the server results format. results.txt doesn't have the names or UIDs so you'd lose that info.

Actually, if you post them I'll take a shot at converting them.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Re: Generating results page from demo?

Post by DBRider251 »

jlv wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:46 am It'd be pretty straightforward to make a script to translate results.txt to the server results format. results.txt doesn't have the names or UIDs so you'd lose that info.

Actually, if you post them I'll take a shot at converting them.
Sounds good, I don't have them, but if I can find them from someone I'll post them
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault