2010 MX Track Competition - Voting

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
DJ99X

2010 MX Track Competition - Voting

Post by DJ99X »

Voting Structure

Voting will be done by ranking each track from 1 to 9. These ranks will represent points. The track with the lowest amount of points will be deemed the best track.

To vote, copy and paste the following into a new post, and put a number from 1 to 9 next to the track, where 1 is your most favourite track, and 9 is your least favourite track.

Alabama MX by Dearnhardtfan7 -
Aldmoor by DJ_Diehl#777 -
AMA National: Millville 2008 by Checkerz448 & DJ -
AMA Pro National: MX 338 by Voutare -
Badlands by Staydown -
Bartows Hill MX by FactoryBr21 -
Green Valley MX by yFMX -
Hillbrook Raceway by yzmxer608 -
Sierra MX by PINNEDTOWIN -

If You're An Entrant

Just give yourself first place. If everyone does this, then its all fair.

Things To Consider When Voting

Please consider the whole track, not just one aspect of it. In other words, don't vote a track highly just because it looks good, even if it isn't fun to ride. Conversely, don't vote a track highly if it rides good, but looks like something made from the pre-release days (not that any tracks look this bad). Of course, preference goes to a track that is fun to ride, but do consider the looks, especially when its hard to choose between a track.

Voting Rules

Break any of these, and your vote will not be counted. If you have the need to say anything extra, say it in the other thread

-Rank every track
-No donkey voting
-You may only vote once
-NO COMMENTING IN THIS THREAD, OTHER THAN WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR VOTE

Track Comments

Please, if you have the time, give some feedback to the track creators. It is the least you can do for them, especially for the tracks that you don't like.

Be kind with your feedback. Positive feedback can always motivate people to develop their skills. Negative feedback will do the opposite.

Don't just say "I don't like this". Give a reason for not liking it, and possible solutions to help the track creator in the future.

Voting Closes

In exactly 7 days from the time of the post.

PLEASE VOTE!!!! MAKE IT A GOOD COMPETITION!
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: 2010 MX Track Competition - Voting

Post by Pumaxcs »

Alabama MX by Dearnhardtfan7 - 4
Aldmoor by DJ_Diehl#777 - 9
AMA National: Millville 2008 by Checkerz448 & DJ - 3
AMA Pro National: MX 338 by Voutare - 8
Badlands by Staydown - 5
Bartows Hill MX by FactoryBr21 - 7
Green Valley MX by yFMX - 1
Hillbrook Raceway by yzmxer608 - 6
Sierra MX by PINNEDTOWIN - 2
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

--VOID ABOVE--

AMA Pro National: MX 338 by Voutare - 7
Badlands by Staydown - 5
Bartows Hill MX by FactoryBr21 - 8
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
PINNEDTOWIN
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by PINNEDTOWIN »

Alabama MX by Dearnhardtfan7 - 7
AMA National: Millville 2008 by Checkerz448 & DJ - 2
Badlands by Staydown - 4
Bartows Hill MX by FactoryBr21 - 6
Green Valley MX by yFMX - 3
Hillbrook Raceway by yzmxer608 - 5
Sierra MX by PINNEDTOWIN - 1
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Alabama MX by Dearnhardtfan7 - 1
Aldmoor by DJ_Diehl#777 - 3
AMA National: Millville 2008 by Checkerz448 & DJ - 5
AMA Pro National: MX 338 by Voutare - 6
Badlands by Staydown - 8
Bartows Hill MX by FactoryBr21 - 9
Green Valley MX by yFMX - 2
Hillbrook Raceway by yzmxer608 - 7
Sierra MX by PINNEDTOWIN - 4
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Alabama MX by Dearnhardtfan7 - 5
AMA National: Millville 2008 by Checkerz448 & DJ - 1
Badlands by Staydown - 7
Hillbrook Raceway by yzmxer608 - 4

An anonymous asshole wont let me comment.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

Alabama MX by Dearnhardtfan7 - 8
AMA National: Millville 2008 by Checkerz448 & DJ - 2
AMA Pro National: MX 338 by Voutare - 6
Badlands by Staydown - 4
Bartows Hill MX by FactoryBr21 - 5
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Alabama MX by Dearnhardtfan7 - 8

This track could've been one of my favorites if it wasn't so fast and "big" in scale. The looks wasn't anything fantastic, but it all went together well as a package. Highlights were the s turn sections and the "whoops/rhythm" sections. Lowlights were definitely the scale and the rollers falling off the hillside. Rough was well done, but didn't ride well at the high speeds of the track from what I could tell.

This track had good size and great ideas, but was held back by a poor traction map and too dark of textures. I often found myself crashing because of a bump I couldn't see or because the traction was just weird. One of the best displacements visually, and a huge improvement in the off track department from Kingsfield.

AMA Pro National: MX 338 by Voutare - 5

I was really excited for this, especially after all the positive comments before I was able to spin some laps on it. I think it's a fun track to race for sure; however, it's definitely a bit more narrow than I'd like. I'd have liked to see much more drag, especially at low speeds. We were only on 250fs and felt like riding a tacky track rather than sand of any sort-- deep or not. The rough was okay, but more kicker bump rough would have been nice to add along with the "roller whoop" style rough. It's a cool track that I enjoy playing. Didn't blow me away visually or displacement wise, but was a top notch track in both categories.

Badlands by Staydown - 4

Polished is the one word I'd describe this track. Very solid displacement, not a missed pixel anywhere. Visually, it's a completed vision, everything goes together and that's awesome. The downfall for me here was the lack of pacing. Felt like the track needed more slow sectiosn with smaller jumps to mix up with the high speeds and big air. Great job of creating a dark track without making it impossible to see.

A fun displacement here for sure. I loved the rough and multiple lines. Great layout and base terrain. Would've liked to see more jumps/rhythm/options. Visuals didn't blow me away, but were on average for MXS tracks. Traction was too slick and made this track frustrating to play at times.

Because I'm sure everyone will touch on all the millions of positives on this track, I'll hit on a few things that I didn't like to try and be constructive. They are minor, and only a few things, as this track is a great piece of work both visually and displacement wise. The best ruts in MXS, small, yet rideable and visible, clean displacement, and realistic track path with insanely good visuals. Awesome track. So my "nags". The jumps felt "kicky" many times sending me in weird directions off the lips. The jump distances were really long and not realistic (on the bigger jumps). This was really accented by the narrower width. I'd have rather seen the jumps shortened and made you scrub or less or slower run up. It took me a long time to find the flow on this track, but once I did, loved it. The roller out of the corner with 3 or 4 ruts going up it is my favorite part for sure. Great track.

Good disp. Fun flowing layout, nice use of elevation and realistic track. Some "weirdness" in the disp - spots falling off hills, random bumps, things not blended perfectly, but all in all, a really fun track. Loved the switchbacks and great mix of small and big jumps. Nice mix of slow and face speeds. The dark spots definitely were a downfall, as was the lack of "stuff" around the track to set the scene. Great racing track and one i Look forward to racing on each time it comes up in the list.

Sierra MX by PINNEDTOWIN - 3

Hell-a-fun with a ton of flow. I can drain endless laps onto this track just trying to get a better laptime and never get bored. The displacement all just "fits" together. As far as fun factor, this is my #1. Great smooth poppy jumps, just enough rough, and flowing multiple line corners. Visuals were average, better than most tracks, but not up to par with the top contest tracks. Displacement could have been helped by smaller ruts, but I did enjoy the way the big ones rode. This track took awhile to master, but the flow to be found is well worth it.
dearnhardtfan7
Team: Privateer

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

Alabama MX by Dearnhardtfan7 - 1
Aldmoor by DJ_Diehl#777 - 8
AMA National: Millville 2008 by Checkerz448 & DJ - 5
AMA Pro National: MX 338 by Voutare - 7
Badlands by Staydown - 6
Bartows Hill MX by FactoryBr21 - 3
Hillbrook Raceway by yzmxer608 - 9
Sierra MX by PINNEDTOWIN - 4

I don't like voting for my track for 1st place but if that's the way we are doing it then I'm cool with it.
Aldmoor, I just felt the tilemap was too slick. The only other thing I could really say about it is more objects.
Millville, A very good all-around track. I just felt like there was not 1 specific thing that stood out about it in a negative or positive way. There was never a point were I thought "wow that's amazing" or "man this section sucks". I wish I could be more specific.
Southwick, I feel bad about rating it a 7 because it is a very nice replica. I just don't get along with the sand tracks on this game. Very nice job on everything, it is just not my kind of track.
Badlands, I really like the track. The sky is awesome and the objects are really good. There are a few places where the track seems to break the flow. Basically 3-6 on my votes were very hard to decide on.
Bartows Hill, The only thing this track is lacking is objects. Once you get the rhythm of the whooped out hills, it flows nicely. The braking bumps seem to fit almost perfectly as far as position and size as well as variation. There was only one jump that I would call a little unrealistic, and that is the big triple into the left hander.
Green Valley deserves my first place vote. I love the high speed flowing tracks on here. This one flows nicely and it has a few jumps that keep you making lap after lap trying to get them dialed. The triple at the top of the map, the huge double to the flat landing after the dark set of whoops, and the double triple that follows the first 2 big tables specifically. The big tables are a little "kicky" but still plenty manageable. The ruts ride really well and look great. Overall this has my vote for the best looking track on this game so far. Nothing seems out of place and nothing is missing.
Hillbrook, I just never could get any flow going. It seemed as if I was overjumping or underjumping everything. It is still a nice track it just lacked that all important flow in my opinion.
Sierra, A million times better than last years contest track pinned lol. It flowed pretty well, although a little quirky in spots. Textures were good and fit with the environment. Maybe lacking some objects but that's about it.

I know my critiques may seem a little vague, but to be honest I feel like I'm nit-picking with the stuff I have mentioned. Every track in the contest had been worked on tirelessly and it definitely shows. In my personal opinion the voting is extremely difficult on this contest. All of the tracks are just so good I hate to have to rank anyone low but thats just how it has to go. Great work on all of the tracks guys and good luck to everyone in the voting.

Oh and just to confirm, I said the jumps felt "kicky" on green valley before I saw checkerz post lol. I guess its true, great minds think alike :D
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
knapp21

Post by knapp21 »

Alabama MX by Dearnhardtfan7 - 7
Aldmoor by DJ_Diehl#777 - 5
AMA National: Millville 2008 by Checkerz448 & DJ - 4
AMA Pro National: MX 338 by Voutare - 3
Badlands by Staydown - 2
Hillbrook Raceway by yzmxer608 - 8
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

knapp21 wrote:Alabama MX by Dearnhardtfan7 - 7
AMA National: Millville 2008 by Checkerz448 & DJ - 4
AMA Pro National: MX 338 by Voutare - 3
Badlands by Staydown - 2
Hillbrook Raceway by yzmxer608 - 8

You forgot Sierra Mx
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I'd like to preface this with a few things about all or most of these tracks. These are all quality tracks, and I appreciate the effort put forth by all the creators. Theres two thing that bother me about some of these tracks. First is those damn yellow stakes. I've only seen them used on national tracks, why does a track in the middle of nothing, with no infrastructure around have these damn yellow stakes all over the place. If you're going to use them theme your track to be a national, not a local track. The second thing is what I like to call garasaki syndrome. I know a track that is just strait lines and 90 or 180 turns is lame, but there is another end to that spectrum, and that is a track that is turning too much, and too tight. Aldamoor, Barstow Hills, and Badlands all suffer from this, you never get a chance to just let your bike run out a little bit. If ya do its just to make it over a jump, otherwise you're always 1/2 throttle going around a corner. To me this is no good.

Solid track, scale was too big for me, but fun none the less. Smooth predictable jumps. Brakings bumps weren't very viasble. Shoulda used the yellow sticks that everyone else uses, yours just made the large scaling stand out more.

I think the potential for this track is amazing, but it's held back by the tile map and the dark textures. I ran 3 laps on each track prior to writing these notes, this is the only track I couldn't make it through the 3 laps on. Yet I still rated it #5, I would like to see this track revised and re released.

AMA National: Millville 2008 by Checkerz448 & DJ -3

To me this track is a prime example of why you don't do replicas. Having raced here I can say its inaccurate in a few places. It doesn't really bother me while playing though, just when I think about it. The famous millville whoops were terrible, and the ruts (if you can call them that) weren't my thing. High notes, braking bumps were excellent, visable and big enough to let you blaze through them if you are gutsy enough. It seems like with smaller ones you get kicked no matter what. I also like how if you searched the edges of the track you could find smooth lines, inside and out. The jumps were smooth and predictable. Environment was excellent. Love the whoop monster!

AMA Pro National: MX 338 by Voutare -

Biggest disappointment for me in this contest. Track looks rushed. The object placement is horrible, none of the banners/fences line up. It rides really well, but feels too hard pack. I understand its not suuuuuuper deep sand, but as it is has no sand feel to it at all.

Badlands by Staydown - 8

This track just doesn't do it for me at all I'm not sure what it is though. I just know I don't really like it. I think it might be a combination of the large scale and fantastical track layout/theme. I've liked your previous tracks Textures and models are okay, and the offtrack displacement match the theme well.

This track is fun, but I tend to get lost on it. It strikes me as unfinished, theres an overhead banner, and track markers, yet there is no other infrastructure. The textures kick ass, and the braking bumps and ruts are above par. I don't like how the braking bumps run to the edge of the track.

Green Valley MX by yFMX -1

Nothing I can say that hasn't been said. If this track doesn't win its bullshit. I disagree with checkerz that some of the jumps are too large, check the pala helmet cams... I just wanna point out the one thing that really separates this track from the others. Most of these tracks have a jump or two that are tricky to do and ya really need to get the corner before it down to do it. Here it's the 2-3 after the tabletops. Whats different about this is its the 3 thats tricky if ya don't get over the 2 clean. At the other tracks its just an option to triple into a section if you get the corner right. It's small, but makes a world of difference.

Hillbrook Raceway by yzmxer608 - 9

Great first track. Some berms are steep and big at the start of them then taper off. It should be the other way, small in the beginning and getting bigger and steeper as ya go. The jumps are smooth and predictable.

I just wanna go to bed, checkerz covered it.
stevoktm

Post by stevoktm »

Alabama MX by Dearnhardtfan7 - 6
AMA Pro National: MX 338 by Voutare - 4
Badlands by Staydown - 5
Bartows Hill MX by FactoryBr21 - 8
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

first thanks so much to everyone making all this tracks, they are all great and thanks taking your time to give us all these amazing work that make live this game and never getting bored of it! and thanks DJ for your great initiative, and of course all the others you have all the time!

Alabama MX by Dearnhardtfan7 - 9
Too wide and fast and away of a simuation for me, but fun online!

Aldmoor by DJ_Diehl#777 - 8
nice track but i don t like the traction. I hated it first time i tried it, did not even finish first lap, but after riding it online i learn to like it, some lines are very fun, but the traction is really too slippery!

I just loooooooooooove it!!!!!! just awesome for me,it rides so well, jumps are awesome, brake bumps are sick... I m a big fan of replica, online it s so nice, maybe a bit more of roost sometime to feel more the tyres get on the ground!
congratulation DJ and checkerz!

AMA Pro National: MX 338 by Voutare - 2
even if a lot are not crazy of this one, me i just love it, maybe slightly more sandy feeling but not much, i think on some sandy track like possum... it s too much and the engine struggle too much! i love how this track ride, i love taking the clutch getting out of turns, awesome!! ok environment is maybe not the best but the feeling riding it, is just crazy for me!!

Badlands by Staydown - 7
very good work on objects, atmosphere.... but it s too unreal for what i look for this game to be a simulation. anyway i still have some good fun online on it!! i loved so much timber hill last year, one of my favorite, i was a bit disapointed on this one!! but anyway it was still some good work!

i love the race online on it, nothing extraordinary but a nice track!

Green Valley MX by yFMX - 4
visually it s amazing, it s great, amazing work, i love it, i ll like to put a better note but i don t know why i have more fun and enjoy more riding the others 3 before. i love the 3 jump on the finish line! so nice!
like checkerz said, also there are one or 2 jump that kick out a bit strangely and it s these one that bother me a bit riding it. indeed the turn with the single jump with 3 or 4 ruts is great but the jump after is weird! but strangely more i ride this track more i like it, maybe in a 2 weeks i ll put it in first or second place? :wink:
Trés beau travail yfmx, visuellement c'est impressionnant! bravo!!!

Hillbrook Raceway by yzmxer608 - 5
i have a lot of fun on this one, again nothing in special on this one like bartows hill, but i like it!! great work

Sierra MX by PINNEDTOWIN - 3
one word , wow, i hated your last year track (sorry about it but i try but never feel it good), but really, this year, this one is amazing, all the line, the jumps before turns, elevations.... like someone said before, you can do so many lap on this one and never get bored! it ride so nicely, it feels natural, everything pass perfectly, awesome work there pinnedtowin!!!! i like tracks with maybe a bit more objects on it but riding speaking, wowow this one is sick!!!!
robjevv

Post by robjevv »

Badlands by Staydown - 5