I think we can get gopro look ingame??

Post your suggestions here
Magnus42

Post by Magnus42 »

Hmmm....
If we can get a visor.png like we have the pitboard.png and tach.png.. i think we maybe can fix it pretty easy??
Hope everyone understand what i mean... I'm not good on explaining things like this in English...
What i mean is to put in a .png like this one. (i don't have a clue on how to fix it, jlv have to do it right?) :

GoPro HD

Re: I think we can get gopro look ingame??

Post by GoPro HD »

Great idea.. I think i might be pretty fast using this view.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

The height of the helmet cam would have to be raised dramatically and it would need to be moved back from the bike a good bit, but I'm sure it would work.

I don't know why you would want to have the visor in your field of view, though, as I'm sure it would block you from seeing things.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
NAUpoiss75
Team: Spazztic

Post by NAUpoiss75 »

I think it would work pretty well...
Magnus42

Post by Magnus42 »

KTM57 wrote:The height of the helmet cam would have to be raised dramatically and it would need to be moved back from the bike a good bit, but I'm sure it would work.

I don't know why you would want to have the visor in your field of view, though, as I'm sure it would block you from seeing things.
i don't say that we are going to remove the 1st person we have now. but have it like a option for the people that want to ride with a gopro look :wink:
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

It'd be hard to tell what the bike is doing, you would only be able to see your fender and sometimes the bars depending on your position. I think it's fine where it is now, the only thing that it would be useful for is videos.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
dudy#75
Team: Privateer

Post by dudy#75 »

when then jlv should add it as a new view :)
Magnus42

Post by Magnus42 »

dudy#75 wrote:when then jlv should add it as a new view :)
8)
Jman567
Crushed Dissenter
Team: SIK Dezigns Clothing

Post by Jman567 »

It might be hard to ride with but just think how sick it would be to watch replay with it!!! just like real life
m121c

Post by m121c »

This is a good idea for the playback feature. What would be even cooler is if the option only works if you have a go pro on that model, but then the game would have to recognize it somehow? Then the game would also have to find the right position on each diffrent helmet model also right? Or what if the helmet model creator (with a go pro) could have a folder where it puts the camera in the right postion. (almost like a .pipeinfo file or something, but instead name .camerainfo or something similar).

Or what if something really diffrent. In the free camera you can move it to a certain position (like on top of the helmet :lol: ) and save that camera postion? Then on your personal folder you will have diffrent camera settings. But they are only useable in playbackmode. This feature wouold be cool for like the weird views (camera facing the rear wheel, camera on the handlebars, camera on the fenders, etc). I really don't have to much knowleadge in game development so I really don't know. I'm just throwing out some ideas here. :D
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

m121c wrote:camera facing the rear wheel
I've always wanted one of these. It would be so useful! :roll:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
moto_savage114
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Project9

Post by moto_savage114 »

It would be great to race looking backwards. :roll: as if we don't have enough crash hard heroes on the game. "better" Lets shove a camera up the guys ass so we can view the back fender while we ride, lmao :lol: the go pro view would be sick just for playback footage. not game-play. :D
(250B 1st place) (125c 1st place)
Loretta's 2011MXS
m121c

Post by m121c »

Response to KTM57:I ment like for videos. Like you when you see those movies showing the shift/ chain/ rear wheel.

Response to Dipshit dereco: I DID say that it would be playback feature if you read my post, but no your a dumbass. Your not king shit of this forum so stfu.

proof:
m121c wrote:This is a good idea for the playback feature.
It was just a thought no need to hate.