Post by Pamlex86 »

I think they need more power because:

And heres the link for the website:
http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News ... 7c8a0.aspx
Just scroll down
DJ99X

Re: More power to 250 2 strokes!

Post by DJ99X »

How do you know that they don't already have those sort of numbers?
Pamlex86
Team: API Motorsports

Post by Pamlex86 »

DJ99X wrote:How do you know that they don't already have those sort of numbers?
you're right, but I think 2 strokes are unrealistic. They should have more power but they should have less traction on rear wheel.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Pamlex86 wrote:
you're right, but I think 2 strokes are unrealistic. They should have more power but they should have less traction on rear wheel.
More power and less traction? That makes a whole lot of sense.

Try riding the 250 2-strokes in the meat of the powerband, between 7000 and 9000rpms. The bikes really lose a ton of power after that, so riding it tapped out all the time is not getting the most out of the bikes.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Pamlex86

Post by Pamlex86 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:
Pamlex86 wrote:
More power and less traction? That makes a whole lot of sense.

Try riding the 250 2-strokes in the meat of the powerband, between 7000 and 9000rpms. The bikes really lose a ton of power after that, so riding it tapped out all the time is not getting the most out of the bikes.
Yes, I know how to ride 250 2 strokes.

But still it feels like 4 stroke in game, and more power less traction means like its slides in curves without berms etc. but have that real 2 stroke power coming out when you hit the berm!
Ryan_Tate172
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Apex Photo/FWR

Post by Ryan_Tate172 »

Jlv didn't need to even put them in the game but people kept asking for them, if you aren't satisfied then I suggest you don't ride them. That's my logic, you aren't being forced to use them.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I have no idea how it's like to ride one in real life, because, well I haven't ever ridden one. But the 250's in this game almost demand you to ride smooth, always be conscious of your RPM and what gear you're in (gearing on these bikes is crucial). I'm still getting used to riding them after riding the 125 for about 3-4 years. So much different from riding a 125, on those bikes you can ride it as aggressive as you want, it's super easy to keep it in the powerband and imo is a really predictable bike (or maybe that's just because I've ridden it forever and know how it's going to react everywhere :lol:).

I think riding them you have to focus more on the actual motor of the bike (unlike the 450's where it almost doesn't matter where you are in the RPM range, it's still making a ton of power), until it becomes second nature, then you can start focusing on line choice and stuff.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Pamlex86

Post by Pamlex86 »

yzmxer608 wrote:I have no idea how it's like to ride one in real life, because, well I haven't ever ridden one. But the 250's in this game almost demand you to ride smooth, always be conscious of your RPM and what gear you're in (gearing on these bikes is crucial). I'm still getting used to riding them after riding the 125 for about 3-4 years. So much different from riding a 125, on those bikes you can ride it as aggressive as you want, it's super easy to keep it in the powerband and imo is a really predictable bike (or maybe that's just because I've ridden it forever and know how it's going to react everywhere :lol:).

I think riding them you have to focus more on the actual motor of the bike (unlike the 450's where it almost doesn't matter where you are in the RPM range, it's still making a ton of power), until it becomes second nature, then you can start focusing on line choice and stuff.
250s are pretty cool to ride in real life, once you figure out how to ride them they have SOOO MUCH POWER! I mean i had 350 sxf before and that thing is little pitbike compared to 250 2 stroke.

Ive doing testing now ingame and it looks like that even 250f have same power as 250s have. because they should have more power than 450fs but they would be just like in real life, difficult to control due so much horsepower. Look at the powerbands, it has almost twice power as 250f have....
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Bro, quit talking. Start doing some research, you'll find that you are wrong.
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

IDK... I think the power feels about right on the YZ at least. Geared the same as my bike in real life it's pretty comparable breaking the tire loose and the fact that with a little clutching you never need first gear.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Wonder if there is anyway of simulating a flywheel weight in game? It just feels like when you get on the gas the bike revs past peak power too fast and I have to shift really fast to keep it there. I think a flywheel weight would make it easier to keep it down low for a longer period of time. Unless there's no way to do that with the current system jlv has.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I'm pretty sure he already has a flywheel modelled. You kinda need it to determine how quick the revs build with the clutch in. Also, he has talked about flywheel damping at some stage, so yeah...
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It does model the flywheel. Not sure I want it adjustable though. Sometimes a too light or heavy flywheel will get weird oscillations.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Pamlex86

Post by Pamlex86 »

Phathry25 wrote:Bro, quit talking. Start doing some research, you'll find that you are wrong.
Ktm 250sx has 61hp with fmf fatty and shorty.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

All bikes are modelled around stock bikes. Get over it