Traction, texture, and erode layers

Post your suggestions here
Axle McOctane
Team: Privateer

Traction, texture, and erode layers

Post by Axle McOctane »

It seems to me that the graphics and erosion could be taken to the next level with two+ layers of traction and textures. For example, a top layer could look like fresh-groomed chocolate loam with sticky traction (with an erode factor of 30), but about 6 inches deeper have a hard-packed base layer with lighter-colored dirt. This way, nice ruts would develop naturally with no need to be drawn in or accentuated through photoshop.
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotardMatt220

Re: Traction, texture, and erode layers

Post by JT43 »

I was just thinking about this the other day! :lol:
I like the idea
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
MotardMatt220

Post by MotardMatt220 »

That would be really nice for longer races, could make for some reallt good racing
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

I like the idea but I think it would be best if JLV figured out the best way to implement erode online before making it more advanced. Last I saw he was unsure if it was possible to implement as it is currently. but that may be outdated information.
al167

Post by al167 »

i like your idea, but id prefer how reflex does it. reflex paints a tire imprint into where the tires have been. then in the reflex editor you choose the colour of the tire imprint from a rgb colour palete. its hard to see but up close there is nobbie marks. in mxs its hard too see the bumps sometimes, this may help that too. jlv maybe the amount of tyre force on the ground for a particular spot could affect the transparancy of the nobbie image imprint(the more force the more you see the nobbie imprint. see reflex examples
tatro36
Team: Bel-Ray Yamaha

Post by tatro36 »

SMR 510RR wrote:implement erode online .
JLV has said a billion times that it would take up tomuch bandwidth and lag the hell out of the servers
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It's not a shop stopper but it will need careful optimization and even then it will use more resources.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
mxchild
Team: Batman motorsport

Post by mxchild »

jlv wrote:It's not a shop stopper but it will need careful optimization and even then it will use more resources.
so is it a yes or a no or a possible its coming in the future? as im really excited for it online JLV
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Not this year.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.