Ranking, levelling, matchmaking.

Post your suggestions here
WilLaity#178

Ranking, levelling, matchmaking.

Post by WilLaity#178 »

This is just an idea and I know it would be hard to do.. But I think it would be a good idea if we had a ranking or xp system online. If you won a race, came podium, or had the holes hot, your given points or xp towards your rank. And races/opponents were determined by your rank. So for example if you were a level 50, you would be matched in a race with opponents with a rank around 50, give or take 5. This would be better for all riders because the slower riders would race together, and the higher ranked would race with each other. Eliminating most annoying lappers, and giving you apponents that are around your pace, making for more intense battles during races. Just an idea.. But it would be a great addition to this great game.
ABRacing18
Team: 888888888888

Re: Ranking, levelling, matchmaking.

Post by ABRacing18 »

WilLaity#178 wrote:This is just an idea and I know it would be hard to do.. But I think it would be a good idea if we had a ranking or xp system online. If you won a race, came podium, or had the holes hot, your given points or xp towards your rank. And races/opponents were determined by your rank. So for example if you were a level 50, you would be matched in a race with opponents with a rank around 50, give or take 5. This would be better for all riders because the slower riders would race together, and the higher ranked would race with each other. Eliminating most annoying lappers, and giving you apponents that are around your pace, making for more intense battles during races. Just an idea.. But it would be a great addition to this great game.
I can't see that working because just because someone is fast doesn't mean he will automatically become a high level. A major factor is playing time, and some people may play to the point where they could be "level 50" but not have intense speed. Either way, everyone would start at level 1, and I don't see how ranking up would categorize you as fast or slow.
Aaron Boulger #116
Career Accomplishments:
Ate 3 tacos simultaneously
Almost won a race on 07
Made a successful batch of mac n cheese
jlv wrote:
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
WTF!!!! I barely touched him!!!
pinit24/7#12

Post by pinit24/7#12 »

We are a Simulator. Not MVA.
Nick Pleshek #132
KTM57 wrote:Brady's just mad because his mom is a planet and she regularly gets annihilated.
i7 3770k | XFX R9 290 Black Edition | Mushkin 8gb 2133 | Corsair C70 Military Green
mxchild
Team: Batman motorsport

Post by mxchild »

i like this idea. xp and such isnt yes its a simulator but i think it would be cool just to have a rank of what you are ranked in the online community for race wins on elsinore server at the end of your name. but is it a necessary not really, but would it be cool, yer
WilLaity#178

Post by WilLaity#178 »

mxchild wrote:i like this idea. xp and such isnt yes its a simulator but i think it would be cool just to have a rank of what you are ranked in the online community for race wins on elsinore server at the end of your name. but is it a necessary not really, but would it be cool, yer
WilLaity#178

Post by WilLaity#178 »

Yeah I know what your saying, but if XP is gained by wins, podiums, and hole shots, a majority of your fast riders would have a higher rank. The slower riders would barely rank up because no XP would be going to anyone out of the top 10. But it's just an idea. i think it would be a cool thing, but it's just an idea.
honda boy 326
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Not even mad JLV.

Post by honda boy 326 »

pinit24/7#12 wrote:We are a Simulator. Not MVA.
BEST PLACE ON EARTH? Matt James: Out of Vanderlees blast zone
WORST PLACE ON EARTH? Matt James: In his blast zone
Fro wrote:Morin is right.
T-RIDER wrote:i turned my bars this weekend... shit myself and turned em back staight away.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

How about you "Get Promotional points". :shock: :o :roll:
mbork-1
Team: NOTEAM

Post by mbork-1 »

http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/
how about, there is already some kinda ranking system
3rd MX2 EMF - AX Series 2011
2nd MX1 BMF - Friday Night Series 2012
1st MX3 - EMXs
8th MX1 EMF - MX Series 2012
WilLaity#178

Post by WilLaity#178 »

mbork-1 wrote:http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/
how about, there is already some kinda ranking system
That's a results page not really a refined rank..
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

You really shouldn't include holeshots because even the gooniest of players can score lots of them, I usually hang back letting the goons crash in the first turn and pick my way through, I don't get many holeshots doing that but it gets me good placement usually 2nd or 3rd after the first few turns and something to work on for the rest of the race.
WilLaity#178

Post by WilLaity#178 »

100xp for a win, and going down in increments of 10 until tenth place, and holeshot is another 10xp. And each level would be like 1,500xp. This would make the goon riders stay at a lower rank because they would not Finnish in the top ten. I Donno but it seems kinda cool.. Just an idea.
sapelgas431
Team: MadCape

Post by sapelgas431 »

honda boy 326 wrote:
pinit24/7#12 wrote:We are a Simulator. Not MVA.
André Santos
2015 Arenacross Champion | 2015/2016 EMF 450 SX 4th O/A | 2017 rF SX 250E 5th O/A
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

EMF has got some sort of raking system. You can find them in the team page. Click a team, and you can see their points.
www.mxsemf.com
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

Stormz

Post by Stormz »

If this were to be done you'd rarely race against other people. There's not a large enough community yet.