Re: Game Suggestions

Post by Rallemx »

Wtf? The honda makes the least power?
What year..? :o
JETZcorp
Team: Privateer

Post by JETZcorp »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the KTM 125, cough, two stroke has the highest top power. Not bad for having half the displacement of the thumpers.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
DJD

Post by DJD »

JETZcorp wrote:I second all of this, particularly the bike sounds. I unpaused the game once when my mom was around and she said "Dude, light a match!" Now, this would be the natural reaction if I'd been riding a four-stroke, but two-cycles don't really sound anything like flatulance. By the way, do all these bikes REALLY go up to that kind of RPM? The 120 in my sig (and it's Green Streak cousins (who invented the Kawasaki colors!)) was considered the highest-revving bikes to be found, going up to 1,150 or so. On a good straight, I can get any bike in the game up to 14K. This may be correct, but it seems a bit suspicious. Also, the thumpers in the game don't sound NEARLY as thumpy as they do in real life; they sound too much like good, wholesome zingers.
Exactly dude, the bikes sound like a little kid trying to fart through a straw!!!! :shock:

We need that agressive clean, crisp, bark that the real bikes have........
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

JETZcorp wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the KTM 125, cough, two stroke has the highest top power. Not bad for having half the displacement of the thumpers.
Look at how much more usable the 4 stroke power is though.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

JETZcorp wrote: Not bad for having half the displacement of the thumpers.
Even though 2-strokes fire twice as often as a 4-stroke....
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

DJ wrote:
JETZcorp wrote: Not bad for having half the displacement of the thumpers.
Even though 2-strokes fire twice as often as a 4-stroke....

Exactly.

I hate how all the 2-stroke people are like "Yeah, 4 stokes might be better NOW, but what happens when you put a 250 against a 250?

Well, what do you think will happen? The 250 2t will win. Ignorant people that don't know a damn thing about engines. :/
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Oh I think they know. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt...
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Haha. Never heard that one before. :D
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

Voutare wrote: I hate how all the 2-stroke people are like "Yeah, 4 stokes might be better NOW, but what happens when you put a 250 against a 250?
yes, its because 4stroke the motor run slower, as make 4 times, 2 strokes makes just 2 times, its why 450 runs with 250 2strokes, 250 with 125 2strokes, 150 with 85 2strokes, anyway 4strokes is definetly better, not at start, i am making alot of times holeshot with my 125 in local races, but have more grip and control
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

I say 70% is up to the rider.

I've holeshoted against a kx250 2stroke wich had hgs exhaust system and a modified top with my stock crf250.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

DankeKTM21 wrote:
Voutare wrote: I hate how all the 2-stroke people are like "Yeah, 4 stokes might be better NOW, but what happens when you put a 250 against a 250?
yes, its because 4stroke the motor run slower, as make 4 times, 2 strokes makes just 2 times, its why 450 runs with 250 2strokes, 250 with 125 2strokes, 150 with 85 2strokes, anyway 4strokes is definetly better, not at start, i am making alot of times holeshot with my 125 in local races, but have more grip and control

If that was pointed to me, I know. I was making the same point. :D

But yeah, I'd rather have a 4. Much easier to ride steady, less working the clutch, less 'oh shit' moments. And, I'm a hell of a lot faster on a 4.
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

Voutare wrote:
DankeKTM21 wrote:

If that was pointed to me, I know. I was making the same point. :D

But yeah, I'd rather have a 4. Much easier to ride steady, less working the clutch, less 'oh shit' moments. And, I'm a hell of a lot faster on a 4.
its difficult the change 2 to 4 strokes, alot of riders crash at first riding on the 4, and its more provably you broke a bone in 4, more heavier, but if you dont crash you are going 3 4 5 times faster at the 2 strokes :)
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
kwic73

Post by kwic73 »

It doesnt matter what bike your riding A 450 250 or a 125 if your a good rider it doesnt matter what bike you ride Thats all i got say
Dustin434

Post by Dustin434 »

ya it does thats all i got to say
"90 percent of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra
Thanks To Kawasakis For The Sig
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

Speaking of all this two-stroke / four-stroke stuff, I wonder when the bike makers are going to ditch the carberuator system on the twos and use direct-injection like the outboard motors are using. Apparently, a zinger with DI will get fuel economy as good as or better than a four of the same displacement, plus have even more power because the fuel is being burned more thoroughly. If they're already doing this, I'm gonna look like an ignoramus. :mrgreen:

I will say this, though. If you need twice the displacement to catch up to the two-stroke on power, it will take quite a beast indeed to meet a 490 Maico or 500 Husqvarna on equal terms. Then there's, of course, the 760. BMW said it was impossible to make a 760 two-stroke single-cylinder engine on a bike, so Maico made three.
http://superhunky.com/articles/nov00rsMaico760.php
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.