Skype VS TS

Post your questions here
rewrew421
Team: Privateer

Skype VS TS

Post by rewrew421 »

Hey i googled it but got confused about the data usage of each of these. Problem is my team uses skype to voice chat and it is using up all of my friends monthly data. Would TS use up less data for voice chat?

Thanks
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Re: Skype VS TS

Post by Ohagan75 »

Just get vent
Donate if you like My Creations
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

Dumbass.... take note that still doesnt awnser my question!
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The dumbass comment is out of line. He was just making a suggestion.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

Isn't it worth just switching to Teamspeak and looking at the data usage yourself?
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

Yea thats what im doing, just wondering if anyone if anyone knew for sure.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Mbutler183 »

A quick google search led me to this, http://cheatingnetwork.net/forums/gamin ... speak.html

inside of that i found this:

6. Skpye is a download hog and has higher bandwidth usage, which uses more cpu resources.
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

Dont be a dick, if you would have continued your google search you would have found information about the BW usage of skype in kbs and the BW usage of TS in kbs. In that information it shows TS using my kbs. But then another source stated that skype used 3mb per minute. All this information to me is slightly giberish, hence why i posted here.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Mbutler183 »

rewrew421 wrote:Dont be a dick, if you would have continued your google search you would have found information about the BW usage of skype in kbs and the BW usage of TS in kbs. In that information it shows TS using my kbs. But then another source stated that skype used 3mb per minute. All this information to me is slightly giberish, hence why i posted here.
I wasn't trying to be a dick? i legitimately looked that up trying to help you. Clearly i wont be helping you again.
That was real information and exactly what you were looking for.
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

Was posted on a forum.... i would like facts.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Mbutler183 »

Fact: your an idiot.

Good enough?
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

You're.

Unhid Rew's posts to read this thread...what's his problem? Two people offered him help and suggestions and all he did was call them names and bitch about their attempts to help. Fits the profile of most of the banned people IMO.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

rewrew421 wrote:Was posted on a forum.... i would like facts.
I feel bad for Aussies, monthly usage must blow. I know Mikey (and some other Aussies) havn't ran out and they use vent. Not saying connect the one we use, but just saying it seems to not use that much data.

Teamspeak seems like it would less, it seems to have lower quality. But I'm not use.

None of these are facts, because I posted them on the forum.
only one to win something real from the game!
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Phathry25 wrote:Unhid Rew's posts to read this thread...what's his problem? Two people offered him help and suggestions and all he did was call them names and bitch about their attempts to help. Fits the profile of most of the banned people IMO.
I'd hate to ban one of the original forum members, but yeah I would have banned most people for the first dumbass comment.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

jlv wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:Unhid Rew's posts to read this thread...what's his problem? Two people offered him help and suggestions and all he did was call them names and bitch about their attempts to help. Fits the profile of most of the banned people IMO.
I'd hate to ban one of the original forum members, but yeah I would have banned most people for the first dumbass comment.
But just because they have been earned a good rep doesnt mean they cant ruin it.

I was gonna run Skype for a few hours with a data counter on my phone with Teamspeak for a few hours on my phone and compare the chart of bandwidth usage for him but seeing the way he reacted to the others trying to help him idk...
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th