Possible bug: Constant crashing when deleting decals

Post your questions here
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Possible bug: Constant crashing when deleting decals

Post by Jrife548 »

Building a new track, and my game is crashing about 1/10 times I delete a decal. Only started on most recent snapshot, never happened before.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Possible bug: Constant crashing when deleting decals

Post by jlv »

Are there treadmarks on the track when it happens?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

No. It happens with or without treadmarks.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

OK. There were definitely a lot of changes to the decal insert/delete code so I'll have a look.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Jrife548 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:17 am Building a new track, and my game is crashing about 1/10 times I delete a decal. Only started on most recent snapshot, never happened before.
I've been trying to reproduce this and not having any luck. Is there anything special I have to do?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

jlv wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:35 am
Jrife548 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:17 am Building a new track, and my game is crashing about 1/10 times I delete a decal. Only started on most recent snapshot, never happened before.
I've been trying to reproduce this and not having any luck. Is there anything special I have to do?
I've started having this problem on a track I just started working on. It started happening after I deleted the treadmark lines from the tileinfo file, after adding the lines back to the one they were originally deleted from it continued crashing (after deleting about 10-20 decals). I grabbed another tileinfo file (no treadmarks) and put it in the track and it stopped crashing. (Also running Snapshot 2024-03-30)
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

sethypeety wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:47 pm I've started having this problem on a track I just started working on. It started happening after I deleted the treadmark lines from the tileinfo file, after adding the lines back to the one they were originally deleted from it continued crashing (after deleting about 10-20 decals). I grabbed another tileinfo file (no treadmarks) and put it in the track and it stopped crashing. (Also running Snapshot 2024-03-30)
Do you still have one of the tileinfo files that it crashed with?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

jlv wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:33 am Do you still have one of the tileinfo files that it crashed with?
Unfortunately, it has happened once again. This time I was using a TileInfo that was brand new and had no treadmark lines added to it/deleted from it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C5a2rU ... sp=sharing

TileInfo file^^^

The ONLY thing I can think of out of the ordinary was I had multiple Decals selected while deleting the others. So I had a bunch of the same Decal selected (5-10), deleted a group of the same Decal and the game crashed.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

sethypeety wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:57 pm
jlv wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:33 am Do you still have one of the tileinfo files that it crashed with?
Unfortunately, it has happened once again. This time I was using a TileInfo that was brand new and had no treadmark lines added to it/deleted from it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C5a2rU ... sp=sharing

TileInfo file^^^

The ONLY thing I can think of out of the ordinary was I had multiple Decals selected while deleting the others. So I had a bunch of the same Decal selected (5-10), deleted a group of the same Decal and the game crashed.
That is interesting! I'm about to log off for the night right now but I'll definitely try testing deleting with multiple decals selected.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com