First attempt at filming MXS

Post your screenshots and videos here
Ddavis

First attempt at filming MXS

Post by Ddavis »

Tell me what you think? I used Windows Live Movie Maker, need to use something better in the future :lol: Especially if I want to get into filming in real life someday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xGX3cN5 ... ideo_title

Btw, I seriously tried everything possible to get the video to show but it won't.
acid.
Team: Acid Films

Re: First attempt at filming MXS

Post by acid. »

As for the getting the clip to show, take the part after the = sign and put them in the youtube tags.

As for the video i have a few things i must suggest.

1. Fix your crop, it made me close the video pretty early.
2. Don't use WLMM, use Sony Vegas or Adobe After Effects.
3. Don't just pop your clips on your time line, add some music fade in and fade out, you need to do stuff to make it unique, such as making your own CC's with MBL or NEWBLUEFX, actually editing the clips for example, some slow motion, twitches and just general effects that can make your movie better.
4. Remove your HUD completely so no FPS counter shows.

All in all, it was OKAY, nothing more, nothing less. If you fixed the things i listed above, it could be a more enjoyable video for everyone, even for your own enjoyment. 8)

Hope i didn't sound to harsh or critical, just stating what i thought needed improvement or better yet improvisation.

Acid.
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible"
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

No dude I like the advice, better than just saying "It sucked", I threw this together pretty quick. I have a few friends that do filming, so I try to copy what they do, but this was my first video. I'll take your advice though
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

acid. wrote:some slow motion, twitches and just general effects that can make your movie better.
I disagree, if you have ever seen any of Yzmxer608's videos, he rarely if any at all, uses slo motion, or Special effects such as " twitching ", and his videos are amazing to watch.
acid. wrote:1. Fix your crop, it made me close the video pretty early.

That is your fault than. But seriously Devin, I suggest a 16:9 ratio, geeze anyone can just say fix cropping.
acid. wrote:2. Don't use WLMM, use Sony Vegas or Adobe After Effects.
I do not recommend After Effects at all to edit the video. After effects is great for Vfx, or any color correction, but to edit a video 1 clip at a time, is asking for it to be muccch more time consuming than needed. I have used After effects for over 5 years now, so I can suggest not using it to edit videos. Unless it is a logo string/elements/openers/Vfx intros etc etc.... Oh and not too include the insane Render time you are expected to have, unless you have a super computer.

If you are new to editing, I suggest WMM to get a general idea on how to drop clips and organize yourself, then move to Sony Vegas or Premiere pro. I personally fine Vegas to be the easiest of them all to learn.
acid. wrote:As for the getting the clip to show, take the part after the = sign and put them in the youtube tags.
Wrong, a lot of time it will have extra clutter after the " = " like blahblah Feature etc etc.

Code: Select all

[youtube]sUWV5v2-Yhk[/youtube]
@ acid, U got any videos to go along with that " Films " tag?
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

MXJProductions wrote:
@ acid, U got any videos to go along with that " Films " tag?
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

acid.

Post by acid. »

MXJProductions wrote:
acid. wrote:some slow motion, twitches and just general effects that can make your movie better.
I disagree, if you have ever seen any of Yzmxer608's videos, he rarely if any at all, uses slo motion, or Special effects such as " twitching ", and his videos are amazing to watch.
Just a suggestion, why would you want to take on board "others" styles of editing. This game will go no where as far as media goes if everyone says "I like MXJProductions videos, i'll just edit like him". That's not a good way to advance a games media quality, it's all about personal preferences, and what i wrote was my opinion; i never meant it as though it's what you must follow or your videos suck, my point was to atleast breaking him out of the habit early of doing half asses effort, then showing the forums and not paying attention to details.
MXJProductions wrote:
acid. wrote:1. Fix your crop, it made me close the video pretty early.
That is your fault than. But seriously Devin, I suggest a 16:9 ratio, geeze anyone can just say fix cropping.
Ok, i thought he would of had abit more of an idea about films in general, i guess i overlooked his capabilities as an editor to know what type of crop he needed to use.
MXJProductions wrote:
acid. wrote:2. Don't use WLMM, use Sony Vegas or Adobe After Effects.
I do not recommend After Effects at all to edit the video. After effects is great for Vfx, or any color correction, but to edit a video 1 clip at a time, is asking for it to be muccch more time consuming than needed. I have used After effects for over 5 years now, so I can suggest not using it to edit videos. Unless it is a logo string/elements/openers/Vfx intros etc etc.... Oh and not too include the insane Render time you are expected to have, unless you have a super computer.
You're correct on that one, although I'm giving him options on what to chose and let him decide, and like you said, Premier Pro is also a decent program for learning on.
MXJProductions wrote:If you are new to editing, I suggest WMM to get a general idea on how to drop clips and organize yourself, then move to Sony Vegas or Premiere pro. I personally fine Vegas to be the easiest of them all to learn.
Ddavis, personally if i were you, i would be downloading Sony Vegas 8/9/10/11 trial. Go onto http://www.youtube.com and type into How to "problem here" in Sony Vegas. Youtube has all the answers in the world just a click away.
MXJProductions wrote:
acid. wrote:As for the getting the clip to show, take the part after the = sign and put them in the youtube tags.
Wrong, a lot of time it will have extra clutter after the " = " like blahblah Feature etc etc.

Code: Select all

[youtube]sUWV5v2-Yhk[/youtube]
Well just the letters, which is after the = sign, i should of been more particular, for you especially MXJProductions.
MXJProductions wrote:@ acid, U got any videos to go along with that " Films " tag?
When i purchase the full game, most certainly; expect a few video's from me.

MXJProduction, we obviously have different styles of editing, and way's in which we do that, now lets not get that in the way of the future of Mx Simulator media content.

Acid.
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible"
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

I never once claimed or said anything about editing like me, did I. Didn't think so.

What is wrong if everyone says " I like MXJProduction's video's "?

Also, I can tell you have not seen original mxs videos, as well how far this game has come along, but I would like to say that Myself along with all the other video creators withing this community i.e- DJD,Kawasakis,02RR02,Mittocs, have vastly changed the way videos are made, and the new techniques that have been brought out in videos like DJD's,and myself with the " cable cam " technique, which was actually I think innovative to this game, as it was never done before DJD released his contest video.

So this game can go as far as we let it. I myself was only giving a simple suggestion, and that your opinion is not the only opinion around. :wink:
acid.

Post by acid. »

Yeah for sure MXJ.

You didn't say it, when you said yzmxer608 doesn't edit his clips, that's his style, and not everyone has to follow in his footsteps.

Yes i understand, no harm intended, sorry if it seemed that way.

Acid.
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

Jeesus MXJ, pull the stick out of your ass. He's trying to be polite to you after you started picking apart his post. Hell, you even pointed out that he didn't walk the OP step by step through getting YouTube tags to work and then asked if he had any videos out to back up his helpful, constructive criticism. He then replied in one of the most polite ways I've ever seen on the Internet that wasn't sarcasm. He's not saying there's ANYTHING wrong with people saying "I like MXJ's videos." Nobody brought up cablecam either, and you had to make sure that everyone knows you're an innovator and one of the OG's of MXS. And finally, you cap it off with reminding him that his opinion isn't the only one here, as if he had been personally insulting everyone for having dared post what was requested by the OP, constructive criticism.
gocat199 wrote:see jlv. you need to do more thingies
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

haydugjr wrote:Jeesus MXJ, pull the stick out of your ass. He's trying to be polite to you after you started picking apart his post. Hell, you even pointed out that he didn't walk the OP step by step through getting YouTube tags to work and then asked if he had any videos out to back up his helpful, constructive criticism. He then replied in one of the most polite ways I've ever seen on the Internet that wasn't sarcasm. He's not saying there's ANYTHING wrong with people saying "I like MXJ's videos." Nobody brought up cablecam either, and you had to make sure that everyone knows you're an innovator and one of the OG's of MXS. And finally, you cap it off with reminding him that his opinion isn't the only one here, as if he had been personally insulting everyone for having dared post what was requested by the OP, constructive criticism.
I'm not a OG of mxs, ffs I have only been around actually into this game for like 7 mths, this game has been out since 07 guy... Opinions are like assholes, everyone has em. Right?
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

MXJProductions wrote:I would like to say that Myself along with..have vastly changed the way videos are made, and the new techniques that have been brought out in videos like DJD's,and myself with the " cable cam " technique,
Also, I see you didn't bother denying that you were kind of a douche to that guy. We need a clapping hands smiley :lol:
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad
acid.

Post by acid. »

Everyone please chill out, i didn't mean to start World War 3.

With that said, "haydugjr" i care if he states his opinion as i did mine. The thing that irritated me was that he felt the need to pick apart my post like you said, and disagree with everything i said. No harm done, just a bit more of mutual respect would be nice; next time.

Acid.

/lock
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

acid. wrote:a bit more of mutual respect would be nice; next time.
That's all I'm after as well. Peace!
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Damnit Keegan.. Go away.
only one to win something real from the game!
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

Jones221 wrote:Damnit Keegan.. Go away.
:lol: