What do you record with.

Post your screenshots and videos here
tyrm85

What do you record with.

Post by tyrm85 »

Haven't seen any thread like this sooo haha what do you use to record?

I use Fraps but I think I need something else, because my slow-motions are turning out jerky and I think it's fraps....
MXJProductions wrote:I'd rather have a big balls than a hairy chest.... Just sayin
Phathry25 wrote:Long story short, I don't like you. You'll live.
jason_pama
Team: MotoRAD

Re: What do you record with.

Post by jason_pama »

I use fraps :D
Heres a video i made
tyrm85

Post by tyrm85 »

What are your frames per second set at? haha my edits when they hit the slow motion clips they are jerky haha. I need to fix it
MXJProductions wrote:I'd rather have a big balls than a hairy chest.... Just sayin
jason_pama
Team: MotoRAD

Post by jason_pama »

I have a good graphics card so i use 60
omfVenoz
Team: Privateer

Post by omfVenoz »

tyrm85 wrote:I use Fraps but I think I need something else, because my slow-motions are turning out jerky and I think it's fraps....
The slow motions are jerky because you have a bad amount of FPS in the game, like you record in 60fps but your ingame fps are 40, it makes some frames lag and that's why your slow mo's sucks.

And, use twixtor
Play since the June 06th 2013. Video maker & Virtual Photograph.

scott180288

Post by scott180288 »

I use fraps aswell at 60fps and sony vegas pro to play around with the clips but i always find the file sizes are huge.
scott180288

Post by scott180288 »

just had a look and its 1gb to 1min of recording with fraps
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

The best advice I can give with Fraps/Mxs is Lock your frame rates in fraps at 30fps. For some reason Fraps/MXS just do not mesh the FPS correctly. Locking your fps to 30 should make it much smoother for you! I normally use 30fps for slo motion ( using step key ) , and 60 fps for normal paced shots
tyrm85

Post by tyrm85 »

Thanks everyone! And you too Jeff! Yeah August gave me a good program to use! MSI Afterburner. It helped a lot. Its so little laggy/jerky now just need to get better with my videos, I need to team up with someone who uses Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and give me some good tips on mxs vids with it.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

tyrm85 wrote:I need to team up with someone who uses Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and give me some good tips on mxs vids with it.
What exactly are you looking to do with it? I know edit lol, but anything in mind?
tyrm85

Post by tyrm85 »

Hmm, well, Im not too great at the keycams yet, but I wanna learn some of the coloring effects(if premiere pro has them). The first slow mo of the video august uses the coloring effects

[/quote]

Maybe some of the motion blurring im pretty sure its in adobe pp cs6 hahaha and idk just pretty much most of the editing techniques that you use. All the little things that pull the video together.