Screenshot Tutorial/Leg off whip (repost, kinda)

Post your screenshots and videos here
DR.MIZ

Screenshot Tutorial/Leg off whip (repost, kinda)

Post by DR.MIZ »

For all the new guys who never saw this ages ago, im reposting it with and it has a few more things. First thing you need to do is go to: fraps.com. Using fraps will increase your quality compared to the normal "print screen" method.
Click the download tab, and install the program.
Once installed, click on the icon on your desktop. Click the "screenshots" tab. In the blank
"screen capture hotkey" click, and put in any key on your keyboard. This will be the key you use to take your screen shot in game.

Now, click the "fps" tab. On the far right you will see a black box that says "overlay corner" and right below, there is an option to disable it. disable it. This will make the yellow counter on your screen dissapear.

Now minimize fraps, dont exit. your done with fraps.

Go in game, start a race, make sure "record demo" or whatever is on and do some dirty whips. Now, after you finish, replay your race. Once watching, press tab a few times, and you will get a free roam cam. ****also, go to grahics in mxsim, and set your field of view between 20 and 40.
Now pause your demo when you find a good shot that you like. try to use the amibient lighting, like sun, or stadium lights to aid you. Once happy with your angle, press your hotkey that we set earlier. That will take a screenshot.
Now, your shot will be stored in the C:/fraps folder. Go to it, and find your image. Drag it to someplace you will remember (hint:desktop). Now open your photo editing program. I am using cs3. Go to file/open and select your image.

Now, first thing, go to: image/image size, and resize to something smaller. All mine are 800x500.
now go to: image/adjustments/brightness&contrast. Bring your contrast up to boost color and your look, and bring your brightness down a little. Nothing to extreme on either end. Remember, less is more when it comes to editing pics. Also, try shadows/highlights as well. you can get some good affects out of these.

Also, using the pen tool or polygonal select, you can select your whole bike and rider, then go to select/inverse, and invert your selection. what this will do is make everything but your bike and rider selected. this is good for blurring your pictures. Again, no higher than 2px gaussian blur if you use it.

Now save it, and change the image from a bmp. to a png.

Hopefully that covers it, if anyone else has anything to add feel free.

***EDIT

Okay, so. Getting your leg off in the air mid whip. I found this out when i was prying a friend on how to make my shots look like DJD's. He was being a douche, and lied and told me some bullshit. Little did he know it actually works really really well, so this method was discovered. First thing you need to do is go into editor mode. Now take your gradient placement tool, and place, what would be, a small jump inbetween the jump your whipping for your screen. Now, go to gradient edit. Instead of making a jump, make a straight up and down wall, and make it really really tall. So it should look kinda like this /\. Now go to linear add, set focus to 75, and paint your wall imbetween your jump. Now, go ride, and whip into this wall, over and over trying different things. Basically, what should happen is you go off the jump, and mid whip, you should hit this huge wall and fall off the bike. Do this repeatedly. When done just exit out of sim, so the wall you built does not save. Now when you go back to watch your demo, the wall will not be there. Now you just have yourself doing a whip then all of a sudden falling off in mid air. The reason I said to do it alot, is cause you have to get pretty lucky for it to look right. Most always, your front suspension will be bottomed out. So try to get an angle that hides that, since your suspension is never going to be compressed in mid air. Once you get lucky, it should look something like these:

ShackAttack12 wrote: A special rider model for jones will be made complete with cheeseburger in hand, 2nd chin, and 6 rolls below his man boobs.
TannerKawi250f
Team: Privateer

Re: Screenshot Tutorial/Leg off whip (repost, kinda)

Post by TannerKawi250f »

awsome. thank you so much i have been wanting to know how to do this for awhile :D
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

He was being a douche, and lied and told me some bullshit
Gee, what a idiot kid for letting you in on any sort of secret. I'll have a talk to him to make sure it doesn't happen again. :roll:
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Armadijl
Team: Rockstar MX1 Suzuki

Post by Armadijl »

Damn many thnx for this tutorial on how to make DJD whips :D. I always wondered howd he did that. Your explanation was very well and clear even for people who are not american. So ill go and give it a try. Thank you ;D
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

I thought he originally just leaned far enough over on a jump so he hit, which caused him to crash and flip through the air...

Maybe I'm wrong though. I've never gotten good looking faux whips.
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

wowo the first screen is amazing, it ll be the best thing on this game to be able to do "really" this, to be abkle to go sideway with the leg getting of, such great style!!
thanks for the tuto!!!
Zane_Mx#88

Post by Zane_Mx#88 »

So when we go up the jump, are we suppose to whip and not fall? or fall at the bottom of the jump? and if we whip and not fall, then how does the leg come off?
DR.MIZ

Post by DR.MIZ »

You should fall off the bike when you make contact with the wall, hence the "falling off in the air" concept....
ShackAttack12 wrote: A special rider model for jones will be made complete with cheeseburger in hand, 2nd chin, and 6 rolls below his man boobs.
Zane_Mx#88

Post by Zane_Mx#88 »

Yea, sorry i kinda figured it out a bit after the post, thanks anyways
tyrm85

Post by tyrm85 »

editor mode? where can i go into that?
MXJProductions wrote:I'd rather have a big balls than a hairy chest.... Just sayin
Phathry25 wrote:Long story short, I don't like you. You'll live.
Vans-#221
Team: iGn-esports.com

Post by Vans-#221 »

can any1 make a video tutorial pls? this there aws!
thx
raul_mx14

Post by raul_mx14 »

Vans-#221 wrote:can any1 make a video tutorial pls? this there aws!
thx
it would be good :D
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

I would do it but i guess some people wont like that.. :roll: I'll see.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

raul_mx14

Post by raul_mx14 »

o
Kawasakis wrote:I would do it but i guess some people wont like that.. :roll: I'll see.
ok no problem thxx ^^ .. but i think the theory already there ,u just will do a movie to help us :P
knapp21

Post by knapp21 »

So fraps really increase the quality? Someone told me otherwise...