Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Post by Brina927 »

VMX_SKYmx99 wrote:Dry Ridge MX: It's getting closer, but there is still a lot to do. It looks a bit wide in the pics, but it is a 1:1 scale.

Thanks to Garasaki for the sky and Checkerz & DJ for a few decals that I tweaked a bit.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e192/ ... ridge2.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e192/ ... ridge3.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e192/ ... ridge1.jpg
THAT IS SO PRETTY!!!!!
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
yz171kx12

Post by yz171kx12 »

Brina927 wrote:THAT IS SO PRETTY!!!!!

PS How did you make your site so epic! I made a site, but the epicness just isn't there!
yz171kx12

Post by yz171kx12 »

sorry for dp, but a track I'm gonna make

APACHE CREEK MX

I need desert themed decals, and some sweet lookin' low-poly Oak trees. Also, I need a dirty water statue.

Obviously, this track is FAR from done, but the flow of the track is gonna leave you guys speechless when i finish it 8) 8) 8)

This time, I'm experimenting with making "plans" for the track instead of just throwin' it together like I did for Verdugo Hills. Hopefully, this track will remind you of Mission Valley, because that was the "inspiration" for this track.

If you look carefully, a lot of the parts to this track are very similar to mission valley, as it should be. I loved the flow of mv, so I tried to replicate that amazing flow in a track of my own. It looks sick on paper, so we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out for in game :wink:
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

jlv wrote:What's the lowest value you need?
0.03 would do very nicely indeed...
VMX_SKYmx99 wrote:I have been trying to figure out how you guys get the decals right in turns.

I don't think it's a good idea to use warped "turn decals" on a track with corner ruts. Unless you make separate ones for each corner or make all ruts the same they will never fit the actual ruts.
I always use a 16x16 version of the main track decal for corners and then place them from the inside and out. For tight corners I use a round one and for longer corners a square one to get better coverage. That way you can make any directional pattern in the texture match the direction of the ruts perfectly. Take a look at Hangtown or Highpoint and you'll see what I mean.
If you'd like to try using a berm decal for the corner ruts to accentuate the racing line a bit more, there's one in the decal template I released a while ago here.

I also agree with everything Shadow said about leaves, skyboxes and whatnot. The leaves from Sorketorp are in the decal template mentioned above as well.
You might also want to reduce the difference in height of the birch trees as it looks a bit weird now. On Sorketorp I used the heights 25, 30 and 35 ft for those billboards.
Track looks fun though!
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

Theres nothing wrong with using warped decals as long as the look good and you use them properlly ..I use all differnt methods for rider lines in turns ..Whatever I feel best for the situation..
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

I used the warp method and it looks great IMO.

Thanks for the decal template haggqvist!
yz171kx12

Post by yz171kx12 »

yz171kx12 wrote:I need desert themed decals, and some sweet lookin' low-poly Oak trees. Also, I need a dirty water statue.
Anyone up to this?!?!?!
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Dude, chill.

You have a flat track layout done. None one is going to bend over backwards to whip up all the objects you think you need for your track in 4 hours.

In fact, you shouldn't even be thinking about objects and decals yet. Get your disp map somewhere that is worthwhile first.

THEN

Learn how to do it yourself like everyone else, including checkers, has.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Garasaki wrote: Get your disp map somewhere that is worthwhile first.

THEN

Learn how to do it yourself like everyone else has.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
yz171kx12

Post by yz171kx12 »

Garasaki wrote:Dude, chill.

You have a flat track layout done. None one is going to bend over backwards to whip up all the objects you think you need for your track in 4 hours.

In fact, you shouldn't even be thinking about objects and decals yet. Get your disp map somewhere that is worthwhile first.

THEN

Learn how to do it yourself like everyone else, including checkerz, has.
How bout that I don't have 300 bucks to blow on photoshop and I CAN'T make all that crap. By the way, Checkerz did NOT make the decals he used for Mission Valley, he even said he didn't. He also didn't make the finish banner he used on mission valley.

And by the way, I don't want to spend a month making a bad ass displacment map, then find out that no one is willing to make textures and objects for me.

All I'm asking for is low-poly Oak trees, some desert decals (mission valley ones would work), and a dirty water statue. I'm sure that these exist somewhere, I just can't find them, or I don't have permission to use them.
motoxlova#1
Team: Free lancer

Post by motoxlova#1 »

No excuse. Haggqvist makes the sickest tracks in EDITOR. He doesn't even use the gradient. Don't need 300 bucks, just need patience and practice.
yz171kx12

Post by yz171kx12 »

motoxlova#1 wrote:No excuse. Haggqvist makes the sickest tracks in EDITOR. He doesn't even use the gradient. Don't need 300 bucks, just need patience and practice.
Are you retarded?
motoxlova#1

Post by motoxlova#1 »

You said photoshop, you don't need photoshop. And who is retarded? Considering the exact trees and decals you asked for have been released.
yz171kx12

Post by yz171kx12 »

motoxlova#1 wrote:You said photoshop, you don't need photoshop. And who is retarded? Considering the exact trees and decals you asked for have been released.
You need photoshop to MAKE the trees, decals, and do shading. The only photoshop worth buying was 300 dollars i believe. NOW do you understand????

Also, if they are already released for anyone to use, I would like a link :D
motoxlova#1

Post by motoxlova#1 »

You can make decals in free gimp. And you don't model in photoshop last I checked. Lol.