Alpine SX BETA

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
wheels1758

Alpine SX BETA

Post by wheels1758 »

Here is my first track, BETA Version. No decals yet, need help with them! No objects, so it feels like a test track. Let me know what you think. Thanks to Dustin434 for testing. NEW LINK, hopefully it works.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzmdnigg25z
Last edited by wheels1758 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: Alpine SX BETA

Post by Pumaxcs »

havent tried it yet but i can already tell you way to many whoop sections fill them upwith a step on off dragion back some other small rythem jump

ok well got done playing it and i can honestly say... weres the landings? the faces of them are as steep as the landing some of the rythems dont even flow that weel like ill over jump doubles in 1st but in second or 3rd i case triple which total ruins the rythem part
Last edited by Pumaxcs on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Dustin434
Team: Privateer

Post by Dustin434 »

theres only two whoops sections one is more rythemish cuase you can jump through it
"90 percent of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra
Thanks To Kawasakis For The Sig
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

dude this is bad ass!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Appears you copy pasted so many jumps. It's dirt, every jump is a little bit different, you can never build the same jump twice even if you tried. Also, everything is flat. Elevate some stuff, knock down some stuff, ect.. Three whoops sections and 2 rhythm sections seems backwards. A normal SX track usually will have 2, sometimes 1, whoops section... rarely 3.

The layout appears to have a decent variety of straightaway length, tho i'm not so excited about the crossovers.

Ramp some jumps out, steepen some up. Make some jumps taller and some shorter. The berms look like they need a lot of work.

This is all visual stuff I see for now. Make some changes and upload another beta and I'll give you some more feedback.

Not trying to knock you by any means, just trying to give you some advice to improve... that's what betas are for.

And the "no objects because it's a test track" is a lame excuse to be lazy.
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

Pretty fun little track. its almost kind of easy but then again it isnt. its a ton of fun in time trial mode. it would be a blast to race online. track is rather one lined like the others have mentioned.

a change that should maybe be made is that crossover section. its completely one lined. i started diving across that first corner leading into it and rolling the first jump and trying to tripple out. that first jump is like curved up but the backside is straight down with no transition. fix that and then make the face of the landing ur supposed to double onto have a bit better curve also. make it really hard to tripple out tho. otherwise my way would be way better than double doubling id think.

also if ur not too comfortable with doing the decals maybe ask someone to help you and get some nice looking ones going.
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

This is great o,o..Dunno what to say..I liked it :P
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

heres a decent lap by me. 1:05 flat. could probably bust into the 1:03s but the rythems are kinda tricky.
Attachments
fastlap.mxdemo
1:05.00
(317.43 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
yzrider42

Post by yzrider42 »

wont let me download i dont know why
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

me too, anyway, toooo plaaain :?
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
Twitch

Post by Twitch »

yeah , me too ... what happend?
MXS Online #239
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

any update??