Hey all (Track requests)

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Blaze

Hey all (Track requests)

Post by Blaze »

Hi first I'd lige to say I'm brand new to MXS, i just played the demo over the last few days and now i love the game, I just bought the full version today. The full version got me thinking of making some of my favorite tracks to ride on ingame, but when i found out how incredibly hard trackmaking is I thought:
"Why not leave it to the pros" :D
So here i am, asking you guys out there if you are up for the challenge of remaking these two tracks.

Track 1: Hedeland, Denmark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv_cGOWHSoo

Track 2: Svebølle, Denmark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sPh5PiY ... re=related (- Ignore the first 30 seconds :D ( I know the video isnt the greatest but then choose the "del 2" in the related videos, should be a little easier to see whats going on ))

Thank you!
frederick
Team: Adept

Re: Hey all (Track requests)

Post by frederick »

Hedeland looks very fun to race in mxs, is it possible to find some track pics? overviews and stuff.
I suck making tracks though :lol:
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

Yeah sure let me see what i can find. Btw. I have been trying to learn to whip and have been browsing forums all day long without luck, to start out with i need to put stability on 40 right? Then should arcade physics be turned off? I know it's a bit off topic, but i thought it would be stupid to create a whole new post just about that
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

you could whip and on 50 stability just not that big like on 10 or 0.. when you going off the jumps turn your bike and give trothle.. and then when bike leaning in air try to bring it back or something..
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

enzopersson
Team: Privateer

Post by enzopersson »

Blaze wrote:Yeah sure let me see what i can find. Btw. I have been trying to learn to whip and have been browsing forums all day long without luck, to start out with i need to put stability on 40 right? Then should arcade physics be turned off? I know it's a bit off topic, but i thought it would be stupid to create a whole new post just about that
thank god, ur smart. but it dosent matter what stability you have when you whip. and just try to lean right or left on the face of the jump, thats a start right there, then ur gonna learn urself how to bring it back and land it. i have 75-65-51 in stability and i can do pretty sweet whips. Add me on msn if u need more help mate. enz0_302@hotmail.com

peace and good luck
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

thank god, ur smart. but it dosent matter what stability you have when you whip. and just try to lean right or left on the face of the jump, thats a start right there, then ur gonna learn urself how to bring it back and land it. i have 75-65-51 in stability and i can do pretty sweet whips. Add me on msn if u need more help mate. enz0_302@hotmail.com

peace and good luck

Added :D ^
frederick

Post by frederick »

Enzo how the fuck are you able to race with 75-50 in stab? The bike turns like a ship lmao.
Anyways I made you a tutorial^^
Important: Dont press the right/left button to bring your bike back, let the whip flow, or your gonna do 2 whips.
1st jump on that step up(ridge riders) I just leaned over to the left and then hold the left button and 1 meter before the ground I let go off the left button ( never press Right button )
2:nd time I did the same but using my rear brake to show off a bit :lol:
3:rd time I held left then "tried to bring it back" by pressing right button, wich made me 2 whips and 1 crash.
4:th and 5th time I just went big on that table before the step up :lol:
ridgeriderswhiptutrl.mxdemo
(487.87 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

But Arcade Physics needs to be turned off right?
Last edited by Blaze on Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
frederick

Post by frederick »

Yeah ofcourse, watch the demo
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

Now i just watched the tut several times and i can really see it now, thanks a lot. It really helped :D
Btw. Do you use a joypad or something?

Then i have another off-topic question lol :D
I DL'ed this Pro Circuit PNG file of a rider and a helmet in one file, its a PNG and when i put it in my personal folder i can't see to be able to choose it ingame? /:
Last edited by Blaze on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frederick

Post by frederick »

I use controller
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

put it into your program files
enzopersson
Team: Privateer

Post by enzopersson »

ddmx488 wrote:put it into your program files
thats one big problem. ppl asking how to make the skins work when they'r putting it in the personal.
frederick wrote:Enzo how the fuck are you able to race with 75-50 in stab? The bike turns like a ship lmao.
i raced with it before :p ive got 51 now and it rocks! sutch a great flow.. peace
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

The image has to be called rider-insertsomethinghere.png like rider-ProCircuit.png
And it doesn't matter if you put it in the program files folder or personal folder, they both work the same
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

Oh, thanks a lot!
If i DL bike PNG's i put bike-insernamehere.png? :D