Alpinestars Tech 10s

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Mystical212
Team: Lucas Oil FactoryKTM

Re: Alpinestars Tech 10s

Post by Mystical212 »

sweet
Mx644

Post by Mx644 »

A problem, I get this blank thing on the game, any way I can fix it?
HarryWhite71
Team: TMFR

Post by HarryWhite71 »

I get the same problem ?!
John23

Post by John23 »

What is blank? Are you talking about the shiny gear? If so, you need a specular map for the gear. Create a new layer under the boot spec map. Fill it with black. Set the whole spec map to 10-20% and it should be good!
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
HarryWhite71
Team: TMFR

Post by HarryWhite71 »

Thanks, I will do that for next time!
FelipeMX
Team: Finesse Supersports

Post by FelipeMX »

There is something quite boring to handle due to the unwrapping process, I was wondering if that would be easy to solve. This is the result of a lot of work trying to make it as much smooth as possible, still can't have it lined up and with no distortion (it goes all the way up from the back, to the shoulders, until the chest:

Finesse Supersports
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

I just left the unwrapping the way it was before I put the boots on the model, so I didn't mess with that. I may look into it some time, but don't count on it.
FelipeMX

Post by FelipeMX »

It is all good, it is time to someone else to learn how to fix things like that, maybe I'll give it a try soon.
Finesse Supersports
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

Im trying to drag the boots onto the Boblob skinning pack to make new gear with these boots. But because the background is locked, it wont let me drag the boots to fit onto the gear psd. Once i drag the boots into the other psd with the gear, everytime i try and move it to fit it sais "can not nudge the data becuase the group contains a locked layer". Any help? I really wanna use these boots
James Webb
Team: Evergood

Post by James Webb »

Unlock the layer
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

FelipeMX wrote:There is something quite boring to handle due to the unwrapping process, I was wondering if that would be easy to solve. This is the result of a lot of work trying to make it as much smooth as possible, still can't have it lined up and with no distortion (it goes all the way up from the back, to the shoulders, until the chest:

If you're going to mess with amending the stretching like that, you may want to use the obj with the rider in his sitting posture so that the arms are closer to what their positioning will be in game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bjo6w ... a3_sit.obj
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
FelipeMX

Post by FelipeMX »

KTM57 wrote:
FelipeMX wrote:There is something quite boring to handle due to the unwrapping process, I was wondering if that would be easy to solve. This is the result of a lot of work trying to make it as much smooth as possible, still can't have it lined up and with no distortion (it goes all the way up from the back, to the shoulders, until the chest:
If you're going to mess with amending the stretching like that, you may want to use the obj with the rider in his sitting posture so that the arms are closer to what their positioning will be in game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bjo6w ... a3_sit.obj
Thank you August, this file will be very helpful. I'll be posting the progress in here, it might take me a while to figure it out, but I guess I can fix it.
Finesse Supersports
chris388
Team: Privateer

Post by chris388 »

help! im trying to use these boots and when i put it on my gear i know i have to use the jm provided so i did and in game the boots look great but the rider gear is all smooth and shinny looking?? please help thanks
John23

Post by John23 »

chris388 wrote:help! im trying to use these boots and when i put it on my gear i know i have to use the jm provided so i did and in game the boots look great but the rider gear is all smooth and shinny looking?? please help thanks
Do you have a normal and specular map for the gear?
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
chris388
Team: Privateer

Post by chris388 »

John23 wrote:
chris388 wrote:help! im trying to use these boots and when i put it on my gear i know i have to use the jm provided so i did and in game the boots look great but the rider gear is all smooth and shinny looking?? please help thanks
Do you have a normal and specular map for the gear?
yes i use the same normal maps i used on the gear without the new boots and it looks great. :oops: