ELWORTH RACEWAY by mxf_cobra

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
DJ99X

Re: ELWORTH RACEWAY by mxf_cobra

Post by DJ99X »

Attachments
blind.jpg
(178.76 KiB) Downloaded 535 times
exmxer
Team: Privateer

Post by exmxer »

Geesss, i'm a moron lol, got it now. thx.
genEric122

Post by genEric122 »

Why won't this track save my best lap in time trial mode??????? I need to race my ghost to see what lines are faster but there isn't one........ And my world record lap times aren't saved :P
epik

Post by epik »

I think you have to beat cobras lap before your ghost shows up. Thats how it was on gordys indy track and fredericks track.
genEric122

Post by genEric122 »

epik wrote:I think you have to beat cobras lap before your ghost shows up. Thats how it was on gordys indy track and fredericks track.
There isn't a ghost at all. All the other tracks I can go to my folder and click on the fast lap file and it plays my best lap.....this one starts the game and that is it???
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

im using the new physics and when i do time trial his ghost is using the new physics also. so if u are using the original physics or model it wont work.
genEric122

Post by genEric122 »

If anyone has a ghost lap please post it up so I can try to rewrite mine and see if it works
moorin

Post by moorin »

no need to just use the new rider model game and it will work
YAMAHA privateers moorin,
if you aint rubbin you aint dubbin!
Cobra
Team: HRC

Post by Cobra »

Sorry all, mxf_atoc_111 made a great job, but the only thing i've not say, he made the timing gates with the new physics... sorry i didn't rembember.. So, we will change them for the normal physics ...

If you overjump everywhere, learn scrub ! lol realy nice in this track.
genEric122

Post by genEric122 »

moorin wrote:no need to just use the new rider model game and it will work
I'm guessing you mean 1.1, I have that.....I deleted the fast lap file and now it works 8)
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

not the 1.1... The new rider model.
Cobra
Team: HRC

Post by Cobra »

So , all delete the fast lap file...
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Good track.

I personally think the jumps are a pretty good size. In real life, if you go WFO into a jump most of the time you will over jump the landing by alot. This track takes throttle control and really emphasizes the benefits of scrubbing. The track feels almost like a LL qualifier track.

I liked the layout except for the section after the finish line (where you can go outside and jump 200ft onto the top of the table top). I thought that section was a bit unrealistic and i think you should have made that entire straight section of the track a rythem section of equal hieght jumps/landings. I liked the braking bumps in some of the corners. One or two of the inside berms are very akward looking, but get the job done.

I think the textures could have been a bit better considering what we've learned about decals and such. Object placement was pretty good. Overall a pretty fun track. 7/10
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

This track is really fun, cobra always does well at that. I agree some sections are a little awkward, the feature that most bothered me was that in the tight section of the track there's huge inside berms and the same sized outside berms, in every one of those corners its quicker to tuck inside than it is to rail the outside. Maybe next time try and make those type of sections more even.

The other thing bugging me, about this track and pretty much the rest of them is that silly snow fence. Usually in the air you can't see it, but there's still a shadow there for it. Then inside of some of the corners it sneaks up on you and stands you up midcorner because you clipped something you couldn't even see until after you hit it. I realize a plane works best performance wise for such objects, but I'm really tired of having to guess there the snow fences are located most of the time. If there's anything I can do to help remedy this problem just PM me, I'm a capable modeler, I don't have much knowledge of editing MXS though.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Phathry25 wrote:The other thing bugging me, about this track and pretty much the rest of them is that silly snow fence. Usually in the air you can't see it, but there's still a shadow there for it. Then inside of some of the corners it sneaks up on you and stands you up midcorner because you clipped something you couldn't even see until after you hit it.
I'm growing to hate that snowfence too.

I like this track too - the small rhythm section shortly before the finish line is really cool. Build a whole SX track in that style and we'll be in business!!

This is definately a nice track for scrubs and whips. I have a hard time using the inside ruts but I think that's cause I suck at this game.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.