2011 FIM MXDN: St Jean d'Angely

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Re: 2011 FIM MXDN: St Jean d'Angely

Post by Joe »

motoxjeff#7 wrote:
Kawasakis wrote:Feel the same way.
I really liked it at first, but honestly I can't seem to have any fun on this track. Great replica, and great design, just Hate the ruts. Sorry :(
+1
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It's a fun track. I just wonder how that one corner will do with 30+ riders.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Yeah its an amazingly built track. I just dont really enjoy riding it.
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

Post by SKERICK »

its is a simulator fella's
the tracked looked even harder to ride in the actual MXON races.
depends where you want this game to go. As realistic as possible or tuned down to a fictional standard. Hag did what everyone wanted and made the most realistic track you could want. im pretty sure in RL you couldnt go hammering down into those ruts on the turns and i can damn well promise you they would not be smooth. Jeez Cobra ride's there all the time and he helped build it (anyone else got 1st hand experience) in a full gate race yes it will be drama's packed. So everyone needs to practice and get the track down to minimize mistakes. Turn your stab up whatever. the section with the really ruff downhill into the left up hill sweeper could be made easier, But im sure it's hard for a reason thats the way it really is, Soooooo... Ppl complaining im pretty sure dont know what it's like to ride a chewed up,rutted,slippery out of control motocross track enough said.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Listen guy,

In real life you have thousands of muscle groups to manipulate the bike and counteract its movments. In mxs we have three buttons and a rider that can barly lift his ass off the seat. Making a Track as rough as real life is stupid. I play this game to have fun, not flounder around like drunk in a swimming pool.
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

Post by SKERICK »

haha yeh ur right.
i just feel that hag is getting a bit hard done by yah know.
everybody is saying how good it looks and amazing it is, and then comes the but...
i dont think hag gives a shit if it looks good, im sure he is mainly focused on the accuracy of the track he has made. So yeh i guess too accurate can = less fun.
just dont want him to start thinking theres no point doing what hes doing because noone thinks it fun.
Axle McOctane
Team: Privateer

Post by Axle McOctane »

Even my goony as$ can get in a clean lap here... I just have to ride at a similar pace to what I would probably do IRL. I think it's awesome. Don't forget that it's still in beta version, too. Maybe he'll tame it down a lil for y'all. It def made a me a lot better at this game to get this track down, as it is with all of Hagg's tracks. Thank you sir I hope you keep contributing these professional-quality tracks.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

I absolutely love this track. I do get a bit frustrated with a few of the edges on the insides of the ruts, or the near verticle outside edges on a couple other ruts, but I just found alternate lines. I do think the off camber will be a nightmare with a lot of riders, but with 8-10 people, this track is an absolute blast and the rut work IMO is brilliant.
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

DJD wrote:Listen guy,

In real life you have thousands of muscle groups to manipulate the bike and counteract its movments. In mxs we have three buttons and a rider that can barly lift his ass off the seat. Making a Track as rough as real life is stupid. I play this game to have fun, not flounder around like drunk in a swimming pool.
Hahaha. Loves it.
yopkiwi
Team: No Team

Post by yopkiwi »

vive la france :mrgreen:
Pseudo Mx Online [FRA]Axel #93
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Post by FactoryBR21 »

no
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

checkerz wrote:I absolutely love this track. I do get a bit frustrated with a few of the edges on the insides of the ruts, or the near verticle outside edges on a couple other ruts, but I just found alternate lines. I do think the off camber will be a nightmare with a lot of riders, but with 8-10 people, this track is an absolute blast and the rut work IMO is brilliant.
Exactly.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

This is a well built replica with that said here are a few likes and dislikes.
This track has everything to challenge you and make you decide or think corners ahead for how to set up i simply love that about your tracks lately. This is how tracks should be thought up when starting a national or GP track.

The ruts are the right Idea But seem a bit thin on this track and are easy to go over or wash out. A rut is there to help maintain speed but instead you tip toe and hope or go all out through it and well still hope. I do agree with DJD on the rider movement to its very slow compared to yourself and a bike. Which if set up was fined tuned more these ruts would kick ass.

Your breaking bumps seem better on this one in some sections but the down and off camber section well....just dont suit me cause you cant see over the drop for rutted bumps down until you land and start a 8 sec bull ride down.

All and all i think your track making skill is so beyond most maybe beyond this game. I really believe if like advanced was simplified from 0-100 to a few range from Beginner at a slower steady to a Pro Fast handling set up would make for better rides on your well built tracks
Cooter181
Team: 180 Decals/TwerkTeam

Post by Cooter181 »

Beautiful track, very nicely replicated and has sections that are awesome!

Dislikes:
1.The traction for me seems way too inconsistent, one second it's biting good and the next your on your ass. Once the rear starts to spin it seems impossible to regain control.
2.Though I like the variation of lines due to the amount of ruts, the ruts themselves seem to work against their own purpose at times, the bike slides up and over them to easily to me. "See Comment Below"
3.This may tie into #1, but it's as if the soil types change drastically yet there's no visual difference to discern them.

All in all it's a killer track! I wish most creators wouldn't feel the need to make tracks so damn rough, that in a video game they are beyond your capabilities to control, hence ruining the fun factor a lot of the time. Maybe if JLV can figure out a way to connect the bike to the track a bit more realistically (The tires sink into the ground and the physics respond accordingly)[Ties into statement #2 above], some of these frustrating tracks will be a bit more approachable. Anyways, thank you for another great addition to the MXS replica track lineup, keep it up!
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

Thanks for the feedback everybody!
We'll see what we can do about the ruts through turn 18 and 19 for the full release.

Here's the beta-testing trackmap for reference if anybody would like to make their complaints a bit more specific.

DJD wrote:...flounder around like drunk in a swimming pool.
That actually sounds like proper fun... :)