Merry Christmas - Donington Park MXdN 2008

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Merry Christmas - Donington Park MXdN 2008

Post by Voutare »

Here it is.

Not much to say really, you all played the beta. Anyway, I've got new decals (big thanks to Gordy, he did everything from making to laying out). Tents from DDMX's object pack, Banners from various people, DJ, Wilson, DDMX, Wilsons thor/fox bales, and DJ's Red Bull arch.

I'd like to thank everyone else for everything you've done, and Merry Christmas. This thing was a bitch.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?220znk4ywoj
mxracer118

Re: Merry Christmas - Donington Park MXdN 2008

Post by mxracer118 »

thank you Mary Christmas
edit: i love it only one compliant the tents behind the start are too close can u move them back a little
Last edited by mxracer118 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJ99X wrote:Putting forum quotes in your signature is gay as fuck
Twitch

Post by Twitch »

thanksssss
for you too:D
MXS Online #239
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Damn, I didn't give you that red bull tent.
Fun track, Gordy did a nice job with the textures.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Its really really cool track,i really like it,really great job but i think you could do update and do more realistic than this,like: adding more peoples,textures,sky box,field view.
But its really great track,you'r really awesome!
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

chuey352

Post by chuey352 »

awesome track!!!
i liked the beta texs better though...IMO
Mx Simulator OG
ddmx488 wrote: Everyone poops on their keyboard and expects a great skin to pop up in photoshop.
TEAM HONDA
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

mxracer118 wrote:thank you Mary Christmas
edit: i love it only one compliant the tents behind the start are too close can u move them back a little

Eh, sorry about that.

If you have the editor, you can manually move them back. I'm a little to tired to do that now.
MWR #491

Post by MWR #491 »

Totaly amazing, im loving all of it! :D :D
motostickrider

Post by motostickrider »

great track.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Another thing: put countrys flags. that would be awesome..
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeh awsome track!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I liked the beta better also. The environment is much better on this version. I realize throngs of fans cheering and waving are out of the question so I'm leaving that part out of it all together. The tex's I'm impartial to, either or would have been fine with me. Both were lacking in the same areas. There's really no line definition at all. Like usually ruts are darker, or a path well traveled becomes hard packed and looks different. I'm not sure any of this happened at the real event since I think it was nearly a mud race. I guess the added details in the new tex's would sway me to like them more, but I wasn't floored by them like I've been hearing I would be. The addition of the inside berm in the left hander after the whoops totally ruined that corner. That corner was pretty even (inside/outside) in the beta, but now if you don't hit the inside line you might as well hold it wfo and jump off the outside berm. I think a rut like the ones at the Mexican series tracks would have fit a LOT better there. Overall the track is a little highway-ish, it's totally smooth in terms of braking/accelerating bumps. I'm not suggesting you go all out like Paradise Raceway, but giving some definition of braking bumps would go a long way. Just a few really mellow brakers in the hard braking zones would be great I think. I know the real track didn't get huge brakers or anything, but when you're haulin' the mail coming into a tight corner and drop 2-3 gears you're always going to get some chatter, I think finding a way to represent that would be great. For some reason the MXS bikes don't chatter, I wonder if its the auto clutch? Anyone know?

Overall I really like this track, the atmosphere is 2nd to none, the tex's look well finished, and it does a reasonably well job of replicating the real track. I like that the lighting is dull, it adds to the replica aspect of it all. Other than the tents being in the way the objects all look finished and well though out. All the jump faces are reasonable and are forgiving enough to make it really fun to just burn laps. I'm glad I don't have to pay for all the gas I run through my MXS bike, plus the environmentalists love it!
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

this is a really great track. im addicted to it
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Phathry25 wrote:I liked the beta better also. The environment is much better on this version. I realize throngs of fans cheering and waving are out of the question so I'm leaving that part out of it all together. The tex's I'm impartial to, either or would have been fine with me. Both were lacking in the same areas. There's really no line definition at all. Like usually ruts are darker, or a path well traveled becomes hard packed and looks different. I'm not sure any of this happened at the real event since I think it was nearly a mud race. I guess the added details in the new tex's would sway me to like them more, but I wasn't floored by them like I've been hearing I would be.
Hmm. Since this track barely runs on my computer, I can't say much on this, since my terrain detail is on like 3, but I'll make sure to work on future tracks to form a sort of blue-groove, or just a more defined path.
The addition of the inside berm in the left hander after the whoops totally ruined that corner. That corner was pretty even (inside/outside) in the beta, but now if you don't hit the inside line you might as well hold it wfo and jump off the outside berm.

I was actually against that in the beggining, but I thought it made the inside difficult enough to where it'd be a lot safer to just ride the outside. Maybe I'll check it out, and remember the inside/outside timing better in future versions.
I think a rut like the ones at the Mexican series tracks would have fit a LOT better there. Overall the track is a little highway-ish, it's totally smooth in terms of braking/accelerating bumps. I'm not suggesting you go all out like Paradise Raceway, but giving some definition of braking bumps would go a long way. Just a few really mellow brakers in the hard braking zones would be great I think. I know the real track didn't get huge brakers or anything, but when you're haulin' the mail coming into a tight corner and drop 2-3 gears you're always going to get some chatter, I think finding a way to represent that would be great. For some reason the MXS bikes don't chatter, I wonder if its the auto clutch? Anyone know?
Maybe a little more would have helped, but I wanted to keep this fairly simple and flat for the sake of racing. It gets frustrating wrecking because of a bump every three corners. (I guess the community as a whole is extremely split on this topic.) And as far as chattering, generally, that's something you don't want to hear. :D

Overall I really like this track, the atmosphere is 2nd to none, the tex's look well finished, and it does a reasonably well job of replicating the real track. I like that the lighting is dull, it adds to the replica aspect of it all. Other than the tents being in the way the objects all look finished and well though out. All the jump faces are reasonable and are forgiving enough to make it really fun to just burn laps. I'm glad I don't have to pay for all the gas I run through my MXS bike, plus the environmentalists love it!
Tents being in the way is my fault entirely. I don't use 3rd person, so I wouldn't have known. I'll probably get around to fixing that, I don't know.

And just so you know, you're now on my 'beta list', because that's a damn good response to this track.
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

nice track, good job. but you failed in the tents, to close the startgate as they say, the fences, good placement, but maybe you can placed them in all the track, it feels like you are racing in the real track, you where so lazy in the minimap thought, textures are great, with the little wood, and the finish jump, you can made bigger, as huge is in real, you can tryed an ambience with more crowd and spectators, and the dispmap, my opinion its ok, but riding 3,4 5 laps it turns madly bored, maybe more ruts, or just some little bumps, its like, curve, trottle, curve, trottle, curve, trottle, some parts of the track that havent jumps. about the stakes, man they are from AMA, usa, same with thor bales. as I say is my opinion, good job i give you 6/10, peace
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha