AMA Pro National: Freestone.

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Re: AMA Pro National: Freestone.

Post by Voutare »

mxflyin154 wrote:Quick question why am I getting this? Says its missing shape file and non power of 2 texture when it loads. I thought I had all the models I needed but apparently not.
I have no idea. Everything used on the track is in the folder, so it shouldn't do that. It may have gotten corrupted, so I'd try deleting your old folder and downloading the track again.
mxflyin154
Team: The Racers Edge

Post by mxflyin154 »

Voutare wrote:
mxflyin154 wrote:Quick question why am I getting this? Says its missing shape file and non power of 2 texture when it loads. I thought I had all the models I needed but apparently not.
I have no idea. Everything used on the track is in the folder, so it shouldn't do that. It may have gotten corrupted, so I'd try deleting your old folder and downloading the track again.
Thanks I did it again and got the same results... This is not the first track that has done this. Kingsfield and Black Mesa as well that shows up like that. All the other Nationals look fine though. The things that show up when I load the track are

Warning: Missing Shape File @freestone/fencelong.shp
Warning: Missing Shape File @freestone/roundbale.shp
Warning: non power of 2 texture 'freestone/freestone/map.png'
http://www.youtube.com/user/jimmywey154 Youtube video page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=559680001 hell hit me up on Facebook if you want
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Voutare wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:I didn't come out and say this in the feedback I offered, but, when did Freestone become a sand track?

I realize they add sand to it for the national, but you went a little too far, this is pretty much Southwick, but with a Freestone layout.
Regarding it being a sand track, Shadow and I got together and decided we needed to slow the track down a lot. It just felt really fast and overly violent to ride. I think it's pretty realistic and feels much more like the true speed you would have riding a 250f on it in real life. The dirt is pretty deep on most AMA tracks, which slows them down a lot. I think once you get riding on it and turning laps, it starts to feel much better and more realistic.
Also adding to what Voutare said, the traction was only the first version I made. I was expecting Voutare to beta test it with guys who've ridden the track IRL and then would've continued to tweak the traction accordingly. This is why it probably feels a bit too sandy.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

Very nice track, should be excellent for online racing. To me, the traction has the feel of deep soil with some sand mixed in, but by no means a sand track.

I'm also having a texture 2 problem, but even without it the textures look nice. I've already logged in a blazing 2:30.

Thanks for getting it done for us.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Shadow wrote:
Voutare wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:I didn't come out and say this in the feedback I offered, but, when did Freestone become a sand track?

I realize they add sand to it for the national, but you went a little too far, this is pretty much Southwick, but with a Freestone layout.
Regarding it being a sand track, Shadow and I got together and decided we needed to slow the track down a lot. It just felt really fast and overly violent to ride. I think it's pretty realistic and feels much more like the true speed you would have riding a 250f on it in real life. The dirt is pretty deep on most AMA tracks, which slows them down a lot. I think once you get riding on it and turning laps, it starts to feel much better and more realistic.
Also adding to what Voutare said, the traction was only the first version I made. I was expecting Voutare to beta test it with guys who've ridden the track IRL and then would've continued to tweak the traction accordingly. This is why it probably feels a bit too sandy.
I thought I sent you a PM back. Maybe I just wrote it and never sent it. Haha. The deadline is what made this difficult, and it's hard being half way around the world from me and communicate in a way that doesn't take at least half a day.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

This turned out great, man. Thanks for letting me help. :)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Justin653

Post by Justin653 »

excellent excellent job voutare :) i really like ti its good
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

The traction isn't too sandy, it's the rolled out jumps and braking bumps. Your reasons are logical, and for the time put into this track it turned out really well. I don't think my last post said that clearly enough, haha.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Phathry25 wrote:The traction isn't too sandy, it's the rolled out jumps and braking bumps. Your reasons are logical, and for the time put into this track it turned out really well. I don't think my last post said that clearly enough, haha.
Yeah I made the entire track 100% in the editor, so it's a little difficult to make it feel perfect without Photoshop. I was trying really hard to make it less rolled out, but also make it look and ride the way I felt was easiest for beginners, and also challenging to ride fast.
mxflyin154 wrote:
Voutare wrote:
Thanks I did it again and got the same results... This is not the first track that has done this. Kingsfield and Black Mesa as well that shows up like that. All the other Nationals look fine though. The things that show up when I load the track are

Do you have DDMX's Red Bud? If not, download it. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. None of the decals are showing up? I'll PM you actually.
staydown
Team: Building Tracks Only

Post by staydown »

I absolutely love the track. Perfect amount of roughness to make the track challenging, and not too rough to make it frustrating. You have always been my favorite track maker and I think this is your best work yet. I can't wait to get time to race this one on the servers.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Good job guys! I hate the traction though, I don't understand how the traction can make your front end tuck everywhere, and still loop you/highside so much too.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Jones221 wrote:Good job guys! I hate the traction though, I don't understand how the traction can make your front end tuck everywhere, and still loop you/highside so much too.
only one to win something real from the game!
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

The beta was great, can't wait to try this out.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Zachkx100

Post by Zachkx100 »

mxflyin154 wrote:
Voutare wrote:

Do you have your tracks in a separate folder? I had all mine in a folder inside my Mx sim folder to save some room, but that messed it up and I had what you're having problems with now, if that's the case then just put it in your main folder, if it isn't, then I dunno.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Shout out to Dwayne241 for my sig!
BallZach<3
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Ya, only complaint here is the traction. Just a little too easy to drop the front end. Regardless though, this track nails it in fun factor, and that's really what it's all about to me.