XFX 6870 OC. Need #'s.

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Ballsfalsky
Team: Tim Hortons

XFX 6870 OC. Need #'s.

Post by Ballsfalsky »

Built my about a month ago. I have an XFX 6870 ZHFC (non reference cooler) and i'm wondering if anyone has the same card.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6814150561
The reason I ask, is because i'm looking to OC my card, and I need some stable numbers. If anyone has this card OC'd, could you please let me know what your #'s are.

Thanks,
Balls
The Conman
Team: Ardent/TGphoto/Adept

Re: XFX 6870 OC. Need #'s.

Post by The Conman »

Ballsfalsky

Post by Ballsfalsky »

Thanks. I was about to try them until i realized that they are for the black edition. I will probablu try tomorrow and see if they are stable.
Cobra
Team: HRC

Post by Cobra »

i have two of this, on 2Gb but same PCB and design (single fan)

For mines, OC was verry poor, and i'm selling them for a 6950 cf

first,on msi after burner and others oc software the voltage is blocked. So with V @ stock, i can run max 920 - 925mhz ....

In comparaison with my 6870 sapphire, cf too, they was very nice for oc, about 960 for the gpu always on stock voltage.

As i have a 2Gb version, i didn't try to flash the bios with a xfx bios at 1Gb, but you, you can i think... It's a bit dangerous, but if you want to oc them correctly, flash them with the black edition bios, this card is good at OC.

If you know how tweak the voltage without flashing, tell me :D

Hope it will help you a bit.
Ballsfalsky

Post by Ballsfalsky »

Cobra wrote:i have two of this, on 2Gb but same PCB and design (single fan)

For mines, OC was verry poor, and i'm selling them for a 6950 cf

first,on msi after burner and others oc software the voltage is blocked. So with V @ stock, i can run max 920 - 925mhz ....

In comparaison with my 6870 sapphire, cf too, they was very nice for oc, about 960 for the gpu always on stock voltage.

As i have a 2Gb version, i didn't try to flash the bios with a xfx bios at 1Gb, but you, you can i think... It's a bit dangerous, but if you want to oc them correctly, flash them with the black edition bios, this card is good at OC.

If you know how tweak the voltage without flashing, tell me :D
sapphire has a program called trixx. Download that. it has mem clock, clock, and voltage.

Hope it will help you a bit.[/quote]
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

lol, i know i was using it before , i was speaking for those xfx card :D
Ballsfalsky

Post by Ballsfalsky »

Cobra wrote:lol, i know i was using it before , i was speaking for those xfx card :D
Trixx works for all amd based cards i believe. msi afterburner works for all amd and nvidia.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Trixx didn't allow me to change the voltage for my xfx 5870, but it's a non-reference version.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Ballsfalsky

Post by Ballsfalsky »

yzmxer608 wrote:Trixx didn't allow me to change the voltage for my xfx 5870, but it's a non-reference version.
Maybe it was an old version? mine has the voltage slider and mine is also non reference. im going to look into the black edition bios when i get home. Since my cpu temps are only 44 degrees after an hour or so of bf3, i will probably OC that to 3.6 from 3.4.
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Same for me , trixx don't alow me to change the voltage of my xfx... That's why i ask you that question :)
Ballsfalsky

Post by Ballsfalsky »

Hmmmmm... did you try redownloading the latest version, aswell as the latest catalyst drivers? Ill look further into it when i get home from school.
Ballsfalsky

Post by Ballsfalsky »

That is what my Trixx looks like.
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

I have all updated , i think it's just the bios wich is blocked.

Hum.... look like you can see the voltage, like me, but you can't up it ? right ?
Ballsfalsky

Post by Ballsfalsky »

Cobra wrote:I have all updated , i think it's just the bios wich is blocked.

Hum.... look like you can see the voltage, like me, but you can't up it ? right ?
I can move it around. i dont want to yet. im waiting on my cousi. because he is an expert when it comes to OCing and what not. i on the otherhand am very sceptical and im a total virgin when it comes to OCing.
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

You're lucky , i couldn't...

lol it's a bit scary for sure :D