Any guitarists out here?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Servatis

Any guitarists out here?

Post by Servatis »

I just ordered my very first electric guitar 8).
The black version, would have liked the blue one but it was sold out at the store and would take a while to be restocked.
It should be ariving here in 2 or 3 days.

I also ordered Rocksmith, which people say is good for learning to play guitar.
It's got some really good reviews, and a great lineup of tracks and a ton of extra songs as DLC.

really exited, can't wait to get started.

So does anyone here play guitar?
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
BrutalMX

Re: Any guitarists out here?

Post by BrutalMX »

Servatis wrote:I just ordered my very first electric guitar 8).
The black version, would have liked the blue one but it was sold out at the store and would take a while to be restocked.
It should be ariving here in 2 or 3 days.

I also ordered Rocksmith, which people say is good for learning to play guitar.
It's got some really good reviews, and a great lineup of tracks and a ton of extra songs as DLC.

really exited, can't wait to get started.

So does anyone here play guitar?
I play..well, try to. My dad bought me a an acoustic for my birthday last year actually...its such a blast when you can play songs you know.

As far as Rocksmith goes, it almost reminds me of Guitar Hero. I dont see how it teaches you, at all, cause the whole time youre required to look at the TV screen to see what notes are next, but in reality, you should be looking at your fingers and making sure theyre in the right places and strumming the right stings...idk maybe its just me though. BUT theres ONE awesome thing about buying Rocksmith...

The cable it comes with is a 1/4" to USB, so just plug your guitar into a computer and you can record whatever you want. Basically turns your computer into an amp. I have a Mac, and with Garageband I'm able to pick from about 15 different amps with like 20 different FX pedals...its badass! We were just messing around recording with it last night actually...gimme a minute ill upload a sample!
Austin Mulhern | Motopixels REV
Image[/a]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/paprod]YouTube Channel

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
soc_monki
Team: JDR JStar Motors

Post by soc_monki »

i play, have been for 20 years. man it makes me feel old LMAO! grats on the first electric! it should serve you well. but beware...if you stick with it and decide to buy more pricey axes (which you will...) it gets positively addicting. for example, i decided i wanted a new guitar (not like i have enough...) and found a B-stock on ebay. the last one i bought was b-stock and its amazing. just some finish problems, but like i care! so i jumped on it. here it is on the website...

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-s ... -1000.html

cant wait...i also have an LTD Alexi Laiho signature (the other b-stock), Schecter Hellraiser FR, Jackson DX10 Dinky (on the cheaper end, but still a very good instrument), an EBMM Sub 1. have an old PRS CE22 (my first really good electric) but its been retired for the moment because it needs a refret badly, and ill have to get all new electronics for it since i cannibalized it for the Jackson!

guitars are only part of it though...amps. man...im glad ive found something im happy with, because if i didnt id be buying and selling until i did, if i did. ive found something that works for me, and im not getting rid of it. LOL

have fun with it man!
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

yeah, i dont have any serious money rolling in at the moment :P
so there is no chance that i'll end up spending a fortune on guitars and amps.

bought this set which includes the guitar, amp, picks etc. so i can get started without needing to throw much more money at it.
and if it turns out I don't like it (highly unlikely) or i just plainly suck at it, it only cost me €240 which to me is worth it to give it a shot.

the second reason I got the entire package with the amp etc, is that I don't plan to exlusively play with Rocksmith. I just want to learn playing guitar without to much hassle and learn some songs to be able to play them without Rocksmith.

then maybe some day, when money isn't a problem i might get me some better quality equipment.

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

i dont have serious money rolling in either...LOL i just save up when i want something 8) but this is the best hobby someone can have IMO. so much fun. impress your friends and be the life at parties! :mrgreen:
Gideon#67
Team: Privateer

Post by Gideon#67 »

Used to play. Had a PRS single cut Tremonti model, mesa boogie 4x12 straight cab, a custom 2x15 cab i built and put some celestons in, morley bad horsie wah, no pedals (just a footswitch), ran through a Bogner Uberschall. Sounded insane. Never got around to getting my fender deluxe for clean channel before i sold all my shit. Kinda miss it.
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
Gideon#67
Team: Privateer

Post by Gideon#67 »

Dp. Servatis, dont give up on it, it has a steeper learning curve than MXS lol. Best advice I could give is dont fall into 1 specific genre of music, learn to actually read music if you dont know already and practice practice practice. Good luck man.
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

you had an Uber....an UBER!? now THAT is serious cash rolling in. along with the Tremonti.

and to think, i bargain shop, try to get all my stuff used, or b-stock (guitar is going to get beat up anyway...lol). thats pretty sweet though, ive never played on an Uber but i know i dig their tone. ive had a 5150 (stolen...), and now have a Mesa Single Rectifier and a Peavey Ultra Plus. Totally love the Recto. 2 4x12s (old Laney AOR cab...still need to replace 2 speakers in, and an old 83 Marshall JCM800 cab i replaced the speakers in).

i love playing...i really need to get a band going again but its hard to find competent people where i live!
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Gideon#67 wrote:Dp. Servatis, dont give up on it, it has a steeper learning curve than MXS lol. Best advice I could give is dont fall into 1 specific genre of music, learn to actually read music if you dont know already and practice practice practice. Good luck man.
I don't think persistence is going to be a problem, I always wanted to either play a guitar or play the drums.
And considering I live in a quiet little town, I don't think the neighbors would like me playing the drums much :P
Atleast I can play the guitar with headphones on.

oh, and I have no idea what you guys are talking about, hahaha.

---

MXS Cares
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

I got a complete kit pretty similar to what you have there about 15 years ago, and still play it from time to time.

I took fairly casual lessons for a bit when I started, and it didn't teach me any really amazing songs or anything, but I'd suggest it just to learn some of the principles. Once you understand some of the basic chord progressions/common variations, you know what to look for when you start listening to a riff and trying to play it. It's not too hard to teach yourself most songs but it's tough to know where to start sometimes.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I always wanted to get an acoustic guitar and Rocksmith. I thought Rocksmith did a good job of teaching you some songs and where to place your fingers in a way you would already know through GH or RB. Either way I started long ago learning how to read tabs but i never got a guitar like I thought i would so that has turned in to Jeopardy knowledge.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Servatis wrote:
Gideon#67 wrote:Dp. Servatis, dont give up on it, it has a steeper learning curve than MXS lol. Best advice I could give is dont fall into 1 specific genre of music, learn to actually read music if you dont know already and practice practice practice. Good luck man.
I don't think persistence is going to be a problem, I always wanted to either play a guitar or play the drums.
And considering I live in a quiet little town, I don't think the neighbors would like me playing the drums much :P
Atleast I can play the guitar with headphones on.

oh, and I have no idea what you guys are talking about, hahaha.
dont worry about all that stuff...later on youll understand ;) LOL
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

I play Air Guitars. :lol:
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

Ya, Ive played for a few years. I play the mac book more now. :P I got something just like that when i first started. Looks good man. Good luck!
P2sta wrote:Read it again, you are going full are going full 'meurican here.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

so I got the guitar today. tried a couple things for a few hours.

Damn son,... this is difficult :P
I mean, I have fairly large hands, compared to other people, but I feel like my hands are too small..

anyway, taking a break cause my fingers are hurting :P

---

MXS Cares