gaming

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Re: gaming

Post by Shadow »

Oh the low standards of today's youth!

Recommend you try Half-life series, Fear 1, Crysis 1 or AvP (the epic old one. Waking up as a space marine alone in an evacuated colony overrun by aliens with no functioning lights? Shit my pants playing that campaign. :lol: ) or Rainbow six (again, the badass original and not these current pos cod clones) or system shock 2 for seeing how fps campaigns should be done.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
slug
Team: Privateer

Post by slug »

Haha, totally agree shadow.

The youth of today doesn't even know any more what a tactical FPS is.We're still playing SWAT 4 1.1 online, on the MYT server
Defenatly the most scary games I ever played was AvP, System shock 2( hearing a grunt on the other side of an abandoned space station)
and Resident evil 1.
And If I think back about systems shock 2 campaign and the complex story, today's single players stories are really bad.On the other hand
System shock 2 campaign, might be to hard/boring for your average teen gamer today.(Character back stories instead of big explosions).
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

Doing a live stream of APB today if you wana join come into TS! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKU3Pi_h ... &lch=email
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

KTM57 wrote:Just finished Far Cry 3. By far, it's the best FPS campaign that I've ever played, and it's probably my number 2 of all the games that I've played. Beats Skyrim by a mile. The BF3 campaign bends over and pulls down its pants at the mention of the FC3 campaign, and COD can't compare at all.
you have got to be kidding me. Far Cry 3 is mediocre at best. yes the characters are pretty good, but the story is very bland and uninspired. the free-roam is done half assed as they throw restrictions at you from every angle.
And besides the main story there is ****-all to do on the entire island.
Skyrim is superior in almost every aspect, except far cry 3 has some interesting characters and better visuals (which is to be expected after 2 years).
The story of Skyrim is better since the main plot is only about 10% of the entire game, the rest are side quests etc. the way a free-roam game is supposed to be.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
rideblue56

Post by rideblue56 »

Servatis wrote:you have got to be kidding me. Far Cry 3 is mediocre at best. yes the characters are pretty good, but the story is very bland and uninspired. the free-roam is done half assed as they throw restrictions at you from every angle.
And besides the main story there is ****-all to do on the entire island.
Skyrim is superior in almost every aspect, except far cry 3 has some interesting characters and better visuals (which is to be expected after 2 years).
The story of Skyrim is better since the main plot is only about 10% of the entire game, the rest are side quests etc. the way a free-roam game is supposed to be.
Definitely agree. Though it was good enough to keep my attention until i finished it. It did have good moments, but it could have been a lot better.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

KTM57 wrote:(I) bend(s) over and pull(s) down (my) pants at (and takes it from the community at) the mention of the FC3 campaign...
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Wen I wrote that, I wasn't really taking the story into account. The gameplay is where it's at, for me. I prefer snipers to bows (although FC3 does have a bow) and SMGs to swords. Plus, the co-op and multiplayer (decent, but not amazing) make the game a complete package. To me, it's well worth the $40 that I paid.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Prada

Post by Prada »

I am debating on getting into some Borderlands 2...looks fun but the graphics kill it for me
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

My friends say that the graphics are pretty cool once you get into it. There's no way that all the reviews are lying.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
rideblue56

Post by rideblue56 »

Prada wrote:I am debating on getting into some Borderlands 2...looks fun but the graphics kill it for me
Graphics? Theyre on par with any other game.. Its just a different art style.

I think the art style of the game is sick.

Just adds to the whole effect.
Prada

Post by Prada »

Just a preference thing really.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Borderlands 2 is $29.99 on Steam through the 11th. Definitely a dream come true.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Just added these babies to my library. $37.48 in total. Gonna start playing the first tomorrow night!

dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

I want a new game I get get immersed in, Ideas?