MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by Pumaxcs »

I completely agree with her. Winter XGames, Extreme Games. There is absolutely nothing extreme sport-ish about gaming.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Midbeck
Team: Race tech

Post by Midbeck »

It's how she phrased it, not the meaning im pissed about. I'd understand her anger if this event was at the same date and same location as the winter x-games but it isn't. Why couldn't X-games have a separate Esport event to the winter X-games? It's just a stupid tweet from the beginning.
Midbeck

Post by Midbeck »

It's how she phrased it, not the meaning im pissed about. I'd understand her anger if this event was at the same date and same location as the winter x-games but it isn't. Why couldn't X-games have a separate Esport event to the winter X-games? It's just a stupid tweet from the beginning.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

What does esports have to do with winter x games? Nothing! It's a joke, and she is 100% right, it's retarded.
Midbeck

Post by Midbeck »

Phathry25 wrote:What does esports have to do with winter x games? Nothing! It's a joke, and she is 100% right, it's retarded.
Last time i checked the winter x-games are not in april. It's a different event all together.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Phathry25 wrote:The F is this S Nate!?

Yeah we bought it used like that, must have kept it outside during the summer or something... We talked about repainting them when we got it but haven't done it yet.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Lynch
Team: Atlas Technologies

Post by Lynch »

Gonna turn one of these
Into this =D
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Midbeck wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:What does esports have to do with winter x games? Nothing! It's a joke, and she is 100% right, it's retarded.
Last time i checked the winter x-games are not in april. It's a different event all together.
Winter X had a Halo event like 2 days ago, bro.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Lynch wrote:Gonna turn one of these
Into this =D
Nice! I think I like the blue more though. Is that headlight housing off of the new FZ bikes?

Also I think it's funny how Yamaha uses the same model names across it's product line. For example that Fazer, they have a Phazer snowmobile that started out in 1984, stopped at 2002, then started again in 2007. The Vmax was a snowmobile model back in the day, and also their street bike too.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Lynch
Team: Atlas Technologies

Post by Lynch »

yzmxer608 wrote:Nice! I think I like the blue more though. Is that headlight housing off of the new FZ bikes?

Also I think it's funny how Yamaha uses the same model names across it's product line. For example that Fazer, they have a Phazer snowmobile that started out in 1984, stopped at 2002, then started again in 2007. The Vmax was a snowmobile model back in the day, and also their street bike too.
Hahah yeah the color is staying blue, getting the bike from my mom and her only demand was that it stays blue :lol: I am not sure to be honest on the housing. Now I just gotta find an R6 or R1 subframe if I can not figure out how much work the original subframe needs to fit the R6 rear fairing.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

KTM57 wrote:
Midbeck wrote:
Winter X had a Halo event like 2 days ago, bro.
It's fun that gaming gets recognized as a sport.
But really? Halo on the X-games? What tha faaaaaaaak.

Never the less, as a professional bashing on an organisation (X-games decided to take halo in) and 50% of people younger than 25yo is plain retarded.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

Last year or the year before the X-games had a CS event (same as halo) and people didn't bitch.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

yzmxer608 wrote:Do it. Just fired mine up last night (well, triple single). That sound though. My pajamas still smell like oil too :)
Is the extra weight that noticeable? How about pull starting any harder? My current sled is 469lbs dry some of the sleds I'm looking at are about 550-585lbs dry. :shock:
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

scheeve3 wrote:It's fun that gaming gets recognized as a sport.
Some dudes on reddit recently made some pretty solid points about how the target audience for X Games (probably 12-30 year old males) is the same as the primary audience for esports. It's kind of weird to see gaming put up next to extreme sports, but XG has always been a pretty good platform for niche stuff.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

KTM57 wrote:
scheeve3 wrote:It's fun that gaming gets recognized as a sport.
Some dudes on reddit recently made some pretty solid points about how the target audience for X Games (probably 12-30 year old males) is the same as the primary audience for esports. It's kind of weird to see gaming put up next to extreme sports, but XG has always been a pretty good platform for niche stuff.
Obviously it's a marketing gimmick. I would hope we're all smart enough to see that. I wonder if the people in charge are lost as to why the Xgames are basically totally irrelevant to the action sports industry now? Surely they have to know they've milked this cow for every last drop. First flat track, now gaming. What next? Polo?