2016 AMA MX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: 2016 AMA MX Discussion

Post by Pumaxcs »

He cracked his C6 and then finished 4th? Ever person he passed needs to retire. That is shameful.

I thought where he went down was weird but now knowing this its really weird. Bummer for Roczen as now this puts an asterisk on this title. Just think if it wasn't for his mechanical he could actually have a legit shot at 24-0. Then there is also the Lakewood Undefeated curse that 2 years in a row if you didn't loose yet it was going to make you. Since Ken had tripped up it went after the next streak being Dungey.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
JakeT3

Post by JakeT3 »

I don't think you can put an asterisk on KR's title if he wins it. Dude was clearly faster than Dungey in the first three rounds, so it's not like "he won it cuz Dungey was injured."
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Pumaxcs wrote:He cracked his C6 and then finished 4th? Ever person he passed needs to retire. That is shameful.

I thought where he went down was weird but now knowing this its really weird. Bummer for Roczen as now this puts an asterisk on this title. Just think if it wasn't for his mechanical he could actually have a legit shot at 24-0. Then there is also the Lakewood Undefeated curse that 2 years in a row if you didn't loose yet it was going to make you. Since Ken had tripped up it went after the next streak being Dungey.
>Roczen clearly fastest
>Tomac still in the championship
>Asterisk

Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

It's not like Dungey went 6-0 and then got hurt. Roczen is kicking his ass consistently. Tomac is still there, who was quote on quote "fastest rider alive" a year ago and Roczen is gapping him 40 seconds every race.

#Asterisk
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Clearly Tomac is not the same as before his crash last year. That is understandable but the only person who was giving Roczen a run for his money at all was Dungey, even so it wasn't as close as the points seem because of that air fork monitor mishap.

I don't think there is an asterisk required, some of Dungey's championships were won with a handful of the top guys out, that is a little bit of a different situation.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Dungey's crash. Looks very weird... Such a simple rut (?) compared to other ones, almost looks like he blacked out for 0.3s and then got it all sideways :?
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

I watched that crash so many times to try and figure out what happened. It almost looks like he anticipates the track going right instead of left after that roller which makes him catch those ruts at the wrong angle. Either way, strange crash!
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

So, how many of you will have no objections to a Roczen Roll domination/dynasty?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

aeffertz wrote:It almost looks like he anticipates the track going right instead of left after that roller which makes him catch those ruts at the wrong angle.
That seems like a perfect description to that crash...
JMcdonell94
Team: Effertz Racing

Post by JMcdonell94 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:So, how many of you will have no objections to a Roczen Roll domination/dynasty?
I think this year will be his championship no matter what he does. He will lose a couple races by the end of the season for some reason or another though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets a huge points lead and then loses a couple races on a day he isn't 'feeling it.'

As far as a dynasty, I don't see him winning 3 outdoor titles in a row from here on out, especially after he is going to switch bikes again. If we know anything about Roczen the first year on a team we will hear excuses about results due to the bike. I hope Tomac and Dungey will be 100% by 2017 outdoors and Jason Anderson and Cole Seely will have another year of experience to make things more interesting.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Anyone have any success getting to the stream? Their site is fucked because they are morons and its still showing on demand for last week.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Scratch that, its a week off (random) :oops:

I was yelling at my computer "it is 1pm eastern" all this time for nothing. Sorry computer, I can't read dates.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Off topic but what could have been with Ian Trettel. He was injured a lot, I think he was out for a long time with back-to-back knee surgeries if I'm not mistaken, but damn he was good. Podium in his 2nd ever pro race, used to beat up on Tomac and company. He would have easily been an Anderson/Tomac/Roczen if he stayed healthy. Anyone know how he's doing nowadays?

Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Trettel had some of the sickest style of any mini-rider back in his days too
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

My mistake he got 5th in his first pro race, then got injured at his second round.