Vurb Moto META Competition

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
supercross711

Re: Vurb Moto META Competition

Post by supercross711 »

I am Tristam yes.
P2sta wrote:Read it again, you are going full are going full 'meurican here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Maybe you should be thanking him? Nah.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

Nah
DJD

Post by DJD »

kevin131mx wrote:Ok so I decided to make a different video and I'm pretty pleased with it, I think this is the one I'll officially submit. Went for the cheesy 90's instructional video theme. Tried to make it stand out from the rest of em, let me know how it looks.
Dope! It would have epic if you did some voice overs in that 90's narrator voice in the intro. It seems like you tried to rate stretch some of the clips way too much, cause some of the slow mo is perfect then some are really choppy.

The cutting at the 3/4 mark is kinda weird, the slo-mo to rev limiter thing you did. One of the more interesting edits for sure though. Nice job!

Most the other ones are so lame with the stupid interviews and shit. Mine is not that great in terms of creativity either, but at least there no interviews. LOL! :lol:
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

DJ, I'd be surprised if you weren't top 6. I could see Kevin's being top 6 as well. I didn't use the interviews or any film burns, and I tried to break the cycle of the "typical white girl META Edit Contest Entry" for my edit although I'm not sure how well it worked. :lol:
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Definitely would be cool to see Kevin and DJ make the top 6.
Goran267
Team: Mitas Racing

Post by Goran267 »

Sickest one yet IMO :shock:
Railing ruts and nailing sluts.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

kevin131mx wrote:[youtube]EekzK8dcomA[youtube]
Pretty cool, but unless the font choice was part of the joke, it's pretty terrible.

Lots of good stuff coming out of the MXS community for this, but I have a hard time believing that anything too amazing will go anywhere in this contest. Vurbmoto's standards are really terrible, and the editing on a video is not what makes it cool, so all of the entries are pretty much the same. It's going to come down to whoever found the best music and knows how to do general video editing stuff.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

kevin131mx wrote:Ok so I decided to make a different video and I'm pretty pleased with it, I think this is the one I'll officially submit. Went for the cheesy 90's instructional video theme. Tried to make it stand out from the rest of em, let me know how it looks.
I enjoyed this video a lot!! It's funny, it's good, it's something different ... way to go!!

Only 1 tiny detail, some slomo's got choppy :(
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

KTM57 wrote:
Lots of good stuff coming out of the MXS community for this, but I have a hard time believing that anything too amazing will go anywhere in this contest. Vurbmoto's standards are really terrible, and the editing on a video is not what makes it cool, so all of the entries are pretty much the same. It's going to come down to whoever found the best music and knows how to do general video editing stuff.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

KTM57 wrote:Lots of good stuff coming out of the MXS community for this, but I have a hard time believing that anything too amazing will go anywhere in this contest. Vurbmoto's standards are really terrible, and the editing on a video is not what makes it cool, so all of the entries are pretty much the same. It's going to come down to whoever found the best music and knows how to do general video editing stuff.
I think whichever video wins, I'm NOT going to like it. Almost every entry I've seen starts out the same, and has some sort of either electronic/beats/hip hop-ish indie music (some may love it, but it's just not my thing). Some might say you needed to do a ton of editing to win since it is an editing contest, but I personally just like looking at cool clips (which is why I hardly did any editing, the main editing I did was to speed up some of the slow-mo clips to realtime (fps shot in/24=speed multiplier (24 is the fps the clips were rendered in)). Used one of the only non-copyrighted punk songs I could find too.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Well said. I think it will be something with electronic music and lots of slow motion, too, which is fine, but that's not really what I personally like for a motocross video.

How is the judging going to be done? Is it a crowd vote kind of thing, or is Vurbmoto actually choosing a winner? I'd bet that there will be at least a hundred videos that are all pretty much the same, so it will be super hard to find videos that are better or worse than each other. The Racer X Film Festival is a lot cooler IMO since winning actually requires the ability to create a video instead of putting clips together.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

From the META page
How we select the winners

The vurbmoto team, along with Jordon and RJ, will hand select the top six based on creativity, uniqueness, style, and quite frankly, badassness. From there, it’ll be up to the viewers to vote and pick the best of the best. Further details of the voting system and prizes packages will become available soon.
So I guess they watch all of them, pick their top 6, and have public voting for the rest (which doesn't really matter since the top 4 get prizes).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I hate that system so much. It always comes down to whoever can rally their friends on Facebook or Twitter or whatever instead of the people actually giving the prize choosing the best entries for the winners. I think crowd voting to find a top 25 or so, then a choice by Vurb would work better, but that's just me.
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

KTM57 wrote:I hate that system so much. It always comes down to whoever can rally their friends on Facebook or Twitter or whatever instead of the people actually giving the prize choosing the best entries for the winners. I think crowd voting to find a top 25 or so, then a choice by Vurb would work better, but that's just me.
This.
Im out, fan voting is so stupid.