MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by magnusson »

THAT, WAS, AWESOME................. but disgusting but still AWESOME but still :? ........ i dont know what to say, only thing i want that game!! no i mean i NEED that game!!
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Here's my two stroke plug for the day, from MXA's 2011 yz250 test article:
Motocross Action wrote:Q: Why should you buy a two stroke?
A: Face it, you started racing motorcycles becaus it was fun. It was also the cheapest Grand Prix-level motorsport that you could compete in. Then, suddenly, it started to become lesss fun and more expensive. Why? Four-strokes. Racing fours tokes is more akin to racing cars than lightweight dirt motorcycles. The typical 450cc four-stroke weighs over 240 pounds and costs over $9000 out the door. The better option? A two-stroke. Here are four good reasons so buy a two-stroke:
1.Price: A brand-new two-stroke costs $1000 less than its four-stroke brethren. That is enough money to pay a $35 entry fee for 28 straight races. How often did you race last year?
2.Maintenance: You can rebuild a YZ250 top-end (piston, rings, circlips and wrist pin) for what it costs to buy one cam for a four-stroke. Plus you can do it yourself...in the garage... in one hour.. with the kid whining and the wife asking you to take her to the mall.
3.Weight: No contest. A YZ250 comes in 12 pounds lighter than a YZ450f. That amount of weight would cost you about $5000 to lose on a four-stroke.
4.Fun: A two-stroke wheelies, spins, roosts and rockets around the track- even if you're going slow. Fun is the reason why we all started racing in the first place.

Q: What did we like?
3.Costs: The yz250 could blow up four time before you'd spend as much money as one explosion would cost on a four-stroke. No on expects you to know how to rebuild a complete four-stroke engine, but a third grader could rebuild a two-stroke.

Q: What do we really think?
A: The 2011 Yamaha YZ250 two-stroke is like an IQ test for the motorcycle buying public. Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, cna be rebuilt for recycled aluminium can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that he American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?
I love MXA, so honest and not afraid to show it.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
MiNi

Post by MiNi »

Spending my sunday night giving Jones a walkthrough for amnesia. :lol:
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything mini says. That's where you went wrong.
KTM57 wrote:Total keyboard warrior.
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Anyone go to Harrisburg,PA for Arenacross this weekend?
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

going to new mexico tomorrow and cali friday! stoked as fuck to ride in socal!
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Motocross Action wrote: Q: What did we like?
3.Costs: The yz250 could blow up four time before you'd spend as much money as one explosion would cost on a four-stroke. No on expects you to know how to rebuild a complete four-stroke engine, but a third grader could rebuild a two-stroke.
yzmxer608 wrote:I love MXA, so honest and not afraid to show it.
Not only can it blow up four times as often, it will blow up four times as often as a 4-stroke....

You have to remember that 10 short years ago MXA was telling everyone to go out and buy 4-strokes because they were so much better and you'd be dumb not to ride one. Are they really being honest, or just trendy?...
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

dint know where to post this so ill do it here....

had some fun whit blender :twisted:

vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Phathry25 wrote:
Not only can it blow up four times as often, it will blow up four times as often as a 4-stroke....

You have to remember that 10 short years ago MXA was telling everyone to go out and buy 4-strokes because they were so much better and you'd be dumb not to ride one. Are they really being honest, or just trendy?...
I don't think I read it back then. Good point though I didn't know they did say that. Is that when magazines were hopping up drz400's to be race bikes? :lol: I think I still have that magazine.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

Just finished watching Fullmetal alchemist Brotherhood.
saw 24 episodes today, what a story! :o
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Phathry25 wrote:

On regular maintenance schedules you rebuild a two banger likely twice as much as a lawnmower. It's still half the cost to do that. You could rebuild a two stroke every week if you wanted for the price of a poorly maintained four stroke.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

-25 degrees outside today,no school, Yay!
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

ddmx wrote:On regular maintenance schedules you rebuild a two banger likely twice as much as a lawnmower. It's still half the cost to do that.
So, you can rebuild a two stroke twice as often, at half the price. That equals out in the long run money wise, but having a 4 stroke is less work. Good job DD!!!!

You need to define regular maintenance schedule. In my Kawi owners manual it says oil change every 6 hours, while I am supposed to change the spark plug every 3 hours. Let's face it, that's not realistic at all.

I had my 450 from April of 2007 until June of 2010 without having to shim/replace the valves, or replace the piston. In June of 2010 I sucked dirt through the motor and wore the hard coating off of the valves causing them to tighten up. I shimmed it in the middle of June, and by the middle of July they were tight again. Ordered the valves, valve seals, valve springs, and I had a piston kit lying around. Two nights in the garage, and $150 later I was back on track again. Not a bad maintenance schedule if you ask me. How many nights would I have spent putting new pistons in my two stroke over that same 3 years? Not to mention time lost due to having to send my cylinder out to have it re-sleeved... :roll:

AND THE BIGGEST ADVANTAGE OF ALL.... I haven't had to mix any gas since 2003!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Let's assume that you keep your bike at top operating performance...

2010 yz250f
Wiseco Piston kit: 197.90
Cometic Top end Gasket kit: 40.99
Faction Stainless Intake Valves: 104.99
Wiseco Titanium Exhaust Valves: 129.99
GYTR Spring Kit: 129.99
Total: 603.86

2010 yz250
Wiseco Pro Lite Piston Kit (w/ gaskets): 159.99
Total: 159.99

You can rebuild your yz250 almost 4 times as often for the same price, 3.77 times to be exact. And at approximately a third of the time, or even better, to do a rebuild on a two stroke, you must be blind. Good job phathry!!!

Now, in reality, no one has that kind of cash to do a full rebuild on their four stroke every time, so here's some other numbers.

yz250f: 4 top end jobs a year, two valve jobs
Total: 1685.50

yz250: 4 (8) top end jobs a year.
Total: 639.96 (1279.92)
Phathry25 wrote: I had my 450 from April of 2007 until June of 2010 without having to shim/replace the valves, or replace the piston. In June of 2010 I sucked dirt through the motor and wore the hard coating off of the valves causing them to tighten up. I shimmed it in the middle of June, and by the middle of July they were tight again. Ordered the valves, valve seals, valve springs, and I had a piston kit lying around. Two nights in the garage, and $150 later I was back on track again. Not a bad maintenance schedule if you ask me. How many nights would I have spent putting new pistons in my two stroke over that same 3 years? Not to mention time lost due to having to send my cylinder out to have it re-sleeved... :roll:
If you can get away with that lax of a maintainance schedule, more power too you, but I don't know anyone other than some local vets that go years at a time without changing the pistons and valves. They only put about 20 hrs a year on their bikes and they putt around the track like old men. :roll:
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

It was 2007 to 2009, I had my dates mixed up. I used the bike primarily as my flat track practice bike and even raced it on occasion. If you think it was "vet" ridden you're sadly mistaken. Even after I had shimmed the valves it ran just as well as a stock 450 should, I raced it at a national during that period and did just fine.

In 2006 and 2007 when I ran the full national flat track schedule I wasn't spending $1,700 a year to maintain my race engine's top end. Your figures are outrageous and show your lack of knowledge. :mrgreen:
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Well, only the foolish pay retail these days anyways. :lol: But ya, I knew you raced professional and that's why I could hardly understand the lack of maintenance. lol