Preseason NFL

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
MX181

Re: Preseason NFL

Post by MX181 »

Racers52 wrote:16 regular season games, 3-4 rounds of playoffs depending if you win your division and a Championship game isn't necessarily a short season. If you start, thats easily over 1,500 snaps you'll play which is alot of football.
yer nar long for you but comparing it to a game of afl with 4 quarters 20 mins long and then 23 rounds plus pre season comp (3 rounds) plus finals (4 rounds) thats 30 rounds and between 2080-2400 minutes of timed footy depending on if you make finals etc then comparing it to NFL its crazy how different things are but then from your angle i can understand cause thats just what you guys have grown up with and thats all you know (not literally) haha

Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Seriously 11mins on average?
Hi
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Doesn't surprise me, I can barely stand to watch football because they play so damn little.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Go watch a compressed game on youtube, its still over 1 hour worth of play time.
MX181

Post by MX181 »

Racers52 wrote:Go watch a compressed game on youtube, its still over 1 hour worth of play time.
i love my highlights haha, even the nationals i generally watch highlights ahhahaha
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

There he goes again. I think he'll make the 53 man roster easily. Pumped for the dude.

4-0 :)))))))
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Its so hard to not be a fan of Hayne. The second highlight is just so much gold.

Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Haha, fuckin dropped that guy
MX181

Post by MX181 »

whats the go with letting balls go that are rolling? isnt that a normal thing to pick up a ball that is dribbling along the ground?
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

MX181 wrote:whats the go with letting balls go that are rolling? isnt that a normal thing to pick up a ball that is dribbling along the ground?
Like on a punt? You cant get a punt if you're the team who punted it, so if the returning team waves it off then they'll let it roll till it stops because when they touch it its a dead ball
MX181

Post by MX181 »

yer i dont understand that, like the ball was kicked it was rolling and hayne picked it up and made ground (this is what you do in rugby Haynes original sport) but honestly doesnt that seem like the more logical thing to do then leave it and let it go keep rolling, like what happens if the team that kicked it picks it up cause the guy at the back (fb in rugby dunno in nfl) was to lasy to pick it up? this is really strange haha everyone like commentators and such just seemed so shocked when he did this haha
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

Football and rugby are hardly comparable
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

In football it becomes a live ball once the receiving team touches the ball, therefore if he grabbed at the ball and muffed it the other team could then get it, in much better field position, and a reset of downs. Therefore, if he touches it and goofs up it gives the other team a whole new opportunity. Its why most times instead of taking that risk you just let the other team touch it because unless you touch it there isn't anything they can do other than take a few yards away from you.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
MX181

Post by MX181 »

dbaum25moto wrote:Football and rugby are hardly comparable
thanks for stating the obvious
Pumaxcs wrote:In football it becomes a live ball once the receiving team touches the ball, therefore if he grabbed at the ball and muffed it the other team could then get it, in much better field position, and a reset of downs. Therefore, if he touches it and goofs up it gives the other team a whole new opportunity. Its why most times instead of taking that risk you just let the other team touch it because unless you touch it there isn't anything they can do other than take a few yards away from you.
cheers puma, exactly what i wanted to know haha.

from this i understand the theory behind letting it go. is the reset from where the ball landed, stop rolling etc?
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Yeah, if the receiver touches the ball, even if they never gain possession, from a punt it is then seen as a fumble (there is a rule that you can't force the receiving team into the ball to make it live too). Otherwise, if they don't touch it, the ball is dead at the spot of it being touched by the kicking team or it stops rolling/out of bounds.
MXS Cares